Don't merge realms of different languages!

Did they reply or something?

well yeah I don’t think they will do anything about it!

it’s been like 2 weeks? I only got two guys from Burning legion to join the guild. one spoke two words in polish before he realizes it’s not a polish guild and left the guild immediately. and the second one was playing on a dead realm he wanted to try to play on high pop realm so he made a character there!

I’m tired of repeating the same thing…this merge has done nothing good to the low pop servers, 0 benefits!

4 Likes

I hear ya, but let’s not forget the timing isn’t great either, last few months (weeks?) of an expansion. A lot of ppl stopped raiding.

1 Like

Tip: Type %T while targeting them if you want to address them specifically and %T will be replaced with your targets name when you send the message.

1 Like

I’m not really saying it’s a good merger, so don’t take me for one of those people, BUT you must have got an economic improvement in AH, deep sea bags example were costing like 500 gold on al’akir, it was one of the worst realms at all for that kind of stuff. That must be the only advantage.

Interesting info about servers, I also somewhat track that stuff, but only for US and especially EU.

Yes, I remember they once removed the RP tag from a couple spanish servers, they made a poll and the “yes” won.

Indeed, burning legion is similar to hyjal and to my knowledge blizzard has attempted or completed 4 connections that included realms bigger (which also classified as far bigger) than burning legion: tarren mill eu 6-7 years ago (it now has around 400 guilds, just as a reference point, even if I know it’s not completely accurate for population), blackmoore and blackhand eu nowadays (300 and 400 guilds) and proudmoore us (325).

I also think they’re gonna more or less halve the servers, I’m really only interested in the EU, I just check US too cause bored, so I’m kinda fishing for as many news as possible even there, going on russian servers is a further complication what with having to change client every time, so I would only like to be able to be on every single non russian server, before 2nd connection round we had 46 english, 37 german, 17 french, 16 russian, 5 spanish, 2 italian realms, and I made an experiment about possible connections they could make to try and fix population to at least 90k on raider io and where possible to improve faction balance (which they seem to be doing) and I got a possible result of 24 english, 15 german, 7 french, 8 russian, 3 spanish, 1 italian, and I think it might be close to the actual result, this leaves no medium realm or lower, although the actual choices for which realm goes with which will likely change a lot from mine.

hey look at it from bright side - if it works like this this means they can merge much more realms and we can slowly move towards having only few mega servers

win win in my eyes :slight_smile:

plus think how much $$$ will blizzard make now out of those transfers of whole guilds

only pluses remain :slight_smile:

1 Like

technically at least 1 person is laughing :slight_smile:

me :slight_smile:

im having a blast looking at some peoples meltodown over nothing :slight_smile:

all i can say is
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You’re not laughing, you’re gloating at our misfortune while dismissing it from a privileged position.

What that makes you is not an appropriate word for the forums.

4 Likes

Blizzard is just silent about this topic, they just dont care about the players. Just make me sick of the whole situation.

2 Likes

Then perhaps you shouldnt post on this thread and troll like you’re doing if you dont care

2 Likes

feel the same here

Well you can care about your own servers while caring about other servers ? Empathy ?

3 Likes

Feeling the same, after group finder and raid finder. The other day we had a lvl 110 mage who didn’t know what a table was to give healer food. We kept asking him to help the healer and he finally left…

Yes, it’s a real problem that I don’t think blizzard is keeping into account.

Basically there’s very few of such servers, as far as I know burning legion polish, burning blade czech, stormreaver finnish, aggra portuguese, they were all marked high pop even pre connection except stormreaver which I believe is medium, so blizzard has 2 options: leave these servers unnconnected, or connect them to english speaking realms, making a soup of languages, and they chose the latter.

They could’ve maybe given a free transfer to people forced into different languages like this, but then others would’ve demanded free transfers as well.

And in all of these cases except aggra, there’s not even an in game indicator, like with burning legion or burning blade you just make a char on a high pop horde heavy english realm, and then find out it’s fully polish (or czech in the 2nd realm’s case), so they can’t even remove the label, there’s none, they can’t force the people on those realms to stop speaking polish or czech.

I’m sure both burning legion and burning blade would’ve been fine even without a connection, population wise, so guess the best solution would’ve been to simply leave these 2 outside the connection program, but maybe blizzard didn’t log these realms and check if they were speaking english, maybe they had no doubt, I also didn’t know about burning legion’s language till I heard on forums, so my first thought when I heard of the connection was that al’akir was gonna have a lot more people both on horde and on ally (burning legion is still much bigger than al’akir even on ally side).

3 Likes

The label is entirely player made and servers change through time, burning legion once upon a time was an alliance majority server too, there is a multitude of reasons why they cant/shouldnt leave these servers alone.

Also what the servers are marked as on the server list sometime feels like blizzard is just putting a finger in in the air and seeing where it lands, prime examples of this are servers like US-AlteracMountains or US-Fizzcrank which are listed as super high population until you actually log into those.

@All: This one at least is very much of the “old” pattern. Two low activity realms getting more connections.

all the US connections announced are pretty much the same, bunch of low pop 2 server clusters being connected to a bunch of clusters created with a mishmash of many small servers.

Will see what else they announce when they hopefully announce some non-english servers later on in the day

Sorry i meant only the part about the RP realms xD