Don't release ICC Buff too early!

If youre 10/12 by now how long should i Wait for you? 3 months? 6? An year? By Now i’m completely disgusted by icc, just let me get my gear faster so i can stop doing it.

We would have been 11/12 today if we did not have a DPS having to leave mid raid due to sick kid. As we got it close with 24. But ran out of time.

I rather wait a year to down everything on HC than getting to kill it in a nerfed state.

I play in a similar guild and I’m very much not looking forward to it, they should have added it in january, not december.

If that’s how you feel why would you even care for the gear? It’s obsolete in Cataclysm, levelling dungeon drops are better. You should quit now, makes no sense to play a game you don’t like.

1 Like

I suffer in pve so i can play pvp. I couldnt care less about about icc if i could get bis in pvp. Having to pve in order to pvp is what made most of my friends quit so making pve gear more accessible is only a good thing for me.

Either add loot if you kill HC bosses without the buff or make the buff invalidate parses. Or both.
Either way it will not affect people that want the buff in any way shape or form. They can still kill the bosses, get their loot and be done with Wrath and come back in Cata.

More ppl would pvp if you removed the arena requirement for the best pvp gear. Just make it so all Arena gear is available for honor and nobody would be left behind.

2 Likes

I dont want to offend you but thats prolly worst take i’ve read in very long time. When it comes to pvp gearing the pvp gear is not the issue in most cases. There are 2 main reasons for that - I. theres no rng so everyone is able to progress at same speed (if you know what youre doing). You farm currency and at some point you get your item. Yes there might be an issue that some people, who are better at the game obtain this currency faster - blizzard tried to fix this issue by basically giving max reward (amount of arena points) for 1500-1600 rating (where you almost never lose points by losing) so everyone can get arena points. When it comes to rating requirements - decent people at the end of season play at 3500 mmr ±, people playing at 2k cr that you need for most items are generaly bad at the game at some point + mmr system makes it for you easier as you gain mmr by doing nothing. II. Reason is most of the pvp gear actually comes from pve - as warlock (who kinda needs high resilience) i Aim to use 8 pvp items (2 of them being wand and off hand which dont matter as much as a weapon or trinkets for example) while using another 8 items from icc - pieces that have much higher value such as weapon or trinkets which are very contested items So theres rng or rmt involved (my shammy in naxx havent seen kel thuzad mace drop a single time for example, now imagine you have low Chance to drop the item and then even lower to actually get it unless youre in gdkp). Now imagine other classes such as warriors or rogues who use way more pve items than locks.

So yes before even entering arena you kinda need to spend many hours in icc.

I spend 12-15 hours in icc 25 weekly while giving up on 10 man loot cos that would be simply too much (which also drops some insane items such as skull from lady) while i need about 3-4 hours in pvp to get the gear i need. So the icc buff will save me a lot of time.

Giving everyone the chance to get the best pvp gear will make it so ppl do not have to grind it out for weeks and weeks and maybe never get there at all. So best pvp gear for honor is the best way to let everyone enjoy pvp. The hardcore pvp:ers would still be able to kill the knoobs.

If youre implying that there should be honor vendor with icc 25hc gear then yes i absolutely agree.

No, it’s too late. I wanted it to be released even earlier and 30% at once. But apparently no luck.

1 Like

Thank you, of course, but why not 10% right away? I’m serious. It will be much easier for people with 10% to close 11/12 + Lich. Pleeeease

This is not up to blizz but up to WCL. Obviously the dmg buff will be visible in logs so we will see how WCL handles it.

"PvP Player: I want PvE gear to be more accessible so i can use it to PvP.

PvE Player: I would PvP more if the gear was more accessible.

PvP Player: No!"

Do i have that right?

1 Like

Not having full BiS, because they didn’t deserved it? According to original chronology of ICC released in 3.3.0. 8th December 2009 and first nerf of 5% given 2nd of march 2010, we still should wait 46 days till 5% nerf.

I think the original timeline had 29 extra days.

55 days between release and buff (now)
84 days between og release and buff.

Since we’re following an increased cadence and don’t want to sit over a year between the next content, this feels fine to me.

My dad guild (3.5 hours a week) No PTR are 8/12 and expect to be 11/12 soon.

Ye right try to convince 25 people to turn off a buff…

1 Like

It’s too soon. Give the semi hc guilds a chance to clear the content without a buff. Please postpone this release :anguished:

3 Likes

You can’t use the original chronology. With 0% buff NOBODY killed the LC HC, with 0% buff nowadays 400 guilds have cleared it.

Did you miss the part where i said you play pvp in pve gear? You clearly dont understand the issue here. Also i didnt say no, i dont care since obtaining pvp gear is the easy part anyway and it doesnt matter how bad you are cos you can get half of it from voa or for a rating requirements that is almost non existent anyway. So basically making pvp gear more accessible (which has already been nerfed compared to og wrath) wont help you in pvp cos you dont use that gear or its waaay worse than pve items in each slot.

No, i don’t think i did.

If i didn’t have to climb to x rating to farm gear, It would.

:slight_smile:

1 Like