Dooms day is coming

No every one just hates you. There was a topic created not long ago petitioning to ban you from the arena forums.

2 Likes

Ppl would like to see pvp vendors and gearing up thru bgs

2 Likes

Every human being must have access to free speech It’s not democratic to ban some1 speech

1 Like

I don’t believe anyone feels genuine hate around here. All-around it seems like a normal bunch of gamers to me.
I think people are just upset, angry, or frustrated with the game, and then they come to the forum seeking an outlet for those emotions.
It’s difficult to direct that anger and frustration onto like-minded people who all feel the same. But the one guy who says that the game is great and that Blizzard are awesome, he’s a perfect focus to project those emotions onto. There’s a cathartic release in being able to tell that guy that he’s wrong – Arena is the worst ever, Blizzard are stupid, and so on.

If a Blizzard representative was here, then you’d funnel all your anger and frustrations toward him. But there’s no Blizzard representative here, so you project it onto me instead. That’s okay. It’s passion. And I can shoulder it. So you just funnel all the hate you need to. :slight_smile:

But don’t tell Jito how he’s wrong though. He doesn’t like to be shown the flaws in his arguments. Gotta treat him with care guys, or he’ll ignore you and the points showing how he’s wrong!

There’s a limit to how much he can obfuscate!

You are ruining every single discussion you enter on purpose trolling. You know you can’t do this kinda of thing in real life because people will punish you in one way or another and you just keep doing it online. This is another topic where instead of discussing it, is turning in to “the forum againts jito”

3 Likes

But there is no balance in classic wow, even close. There is a tones of premades that farm honour 24/7 and a lot of players get roflstomped by gear and PvE abuse. Dunno, players don’t want to see thats in actuall wow, but so glad in the worst of 15 years version of the game. :+1:

But that’s a catch-22 situation.
You brought up the topic of me in your first post. You said this:

I can either let that stand uncontested or I can respond to it.
I’ve tried the former, it didn’t work.
I’ve tried the latter, it doesn’t work either.
Between the two though, I prefer to respond.
If you don’t want to talk about me, then don’t talk about me. Respond to Cutiepie’s elaborate and well-written original post instead if that’s your main interest here.

i think ppl will play classic just to be to show blizz how the fked up things at pvp but lets be honest playing an older version of game is for sure not better than the current system Its like saying lest play cod 1 because BO4 is trash Its stupid

Except the assumption in cutiepie’s post that fewer players equals longer queue times is fundamentally mistaken and overlooks the real causation, and the design issues can be fixed just not in a way he’s suggesting, which he’s suggesting is to go backwards in design direction when it’s a more endemic problem of design directions clashing, which it did back then too.

Thats kids alike, we said in mother Russia “to spit Grandmother i will frostbyte my ears”. Most of the player will return, coz classic not so “good” as most of the players would like to see.

1 Like

Isn’t it a bit like comparing apples to oranges though?

I mean, Classic WoW’s PvP is mainly just different from Retail WoW’s PvP.

Most of the PvP activities you can do in Classic WoW are activities you can’t do in Retail WoW, and vice versa.

So if I want a marathon-length Alterac Valley, then I sort of have to play Classic WoW.
And if I want to play 3v3 Rated Arena, then I sort of have to play Retail WoW.

If players gravitate toward Classic WoW, then I think a factor might be that it’s new (even if it’s old). I mean, we’ve played BfA for a year now. I think being able to play a version of WoW that’s different than BfA is appealing, also from a PvP perspective.

I think there are more than a few factors that impact the queue times people experience.
The amount of people queueing is one such factor. The matchmaking system is another.

There’s a whoooole wall of text explaining the fundamentals of rating systems and matchmaking systems, as well as a report covering other basics and more detailed jargon.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/Game-Developer-Feature-Article-Graepel-Herbrich.pdf

You don’t need to try to obfuscate it with your platitudes and meaningless speculations.

Check out his reports too. (i.e. Mark Glickman’s)

I don’t. I’m just saying that it’s not a case of one or the other. It’s both.

Obviously the amount of people queuing matters. The queue system is up 24/7, so the player expectation is of course that you should be able to join a game 24/7.
But anyone who’s tried to queue for Alterac Valley at 5 o’ clock in the morning on a weekday knows that sometimes the queue system simply can’t find enough people.

And of course it’s also true that the matchmaking system affects queue times a lot. Again, battlegrounds are a good example. For a long time Blizzard were hesitant about dictating the healers on each side in the random battleground queue, because it would increase queue times as the system would not simply have to look for two dozen people, but specifically had to find healers as well. And lo and behold, it did increase the queue times.
With Arena queues it’s the same, it just revolves around ratings instead.
It’s a big topic in itself, but I don’t think it takes away from what Cutiepie said. Doomsday is nearing! Classic WoW is coming! Arena is dying! :yum:

Read the post and sources in its entirety. Because you are sticking to empty speculations and platitudes still. “There’s lots of other stuff” -> Doesn’t mention what stuff in detail, just a generic example.
“Obviously the amount of people queuing matters” yet I’ve shown time and time again that it’s not the direct cause of queue times.
“It’s a big topic in itself” which has already been broken down for you. Read it. All of it. Including the report.

I have to get up at 5 tomorrow. Cut me some slack. I can’t quite devote hours upon hours to read external threads and articles just to respond to a simple follow-up question. :disappointed_relieved:
Sorry not sorry. I’ll bookmark it though.

Its still World of Warcraft i didnt compared FFXIV with classic wow i compared 2 versions of the game From classic to retail we notice an evolution of the game untill wod that we got just changes and the game didnt evolved it just CHANGED which isnt always a good point. MOP was the peak of wow pvp evolution imho after mop pvp changed but didnt improve untill now that pvp( when we say pvp we mean rated pvp activities mostly arenas 2s 3s are sometimes rated battlegrounds and even just random bgs) is at its worst state and that is not personal opinion high rated players are not satisfied with the current state of pvpand if some1 with greater knowledge of the game say something is wrong while u got personal experiences that are common with hight rated players then something surely doesnt go well So up to the point classi is the bottom of fair balanced pvp while current state is a bit higher but no even close as BC WOTLK and MOP

I never asked you to respond to this. Feel free to take your time. I’d say it’s a bad sign if you actually do come up with a reply quickly.

I’m not sure if the broad playerbase cares.

What are high rated players concerned about? Arena class balance, PvP vendors, item balance, etc…

What’s everyone and their mom going to do when Classic WoW is released? Southshore vs. Tarren Mill.

The Arena audience is a small part of the PvP player segment these days. Blizzard seems to listen more to casual Timmy who wants cooler World PvP, because that’s the kind of PvP most people seem engaged in these days.