Dracthyr opening up to more classes - and you can stay in visage form

It’s a playable dragon damn it, A PLAYABLE DRAGGGGGGGGON

I think you have misunderstood me. Remember that druids != Dream and dream != Druid. Usually. When we talk about druid in this game we are talking specifically about the teachings of cenarious and the druid circles that sprang up from it. For an evoker to become a druid they would need to follow those teachings.

There are numerous examples of druids that are not tied to the dream just as there are many examples of other magical creatures tied to the dream who are not druids.

I am not saying they can’t be druids I am just saying that I can see blizzard go either way.

I agree with you there is a strong connection to the green dragonflight but we have seen over the corse of the expansion that the dracthyr are very wary of the dragons. Close knot and guarded. And while emberthall has started to soften I’m not sure that applies to the wiser race.

Blizzard could equally argue that the mix of other dragons destabilise or dilutes the green connection enough that they can’t become full druids. Or they could just say that yea a bunch stayed in the dream to train.

I’m just not convinced it’s a sure thing even if it would be awesome. I’m happy to be wrong here tho

Yeah but the Dream is more or less = Green dragons and Cenarius was Ysera’s stepchild and everything he know he learned from the Green dragons and the denizens of the Dream :eyes:

I play on RP realms and the idea really appeals to me…to fight as a normal looking race then turn into a big scaley dragon and fly away!

I really want a dracthyr hunter though…ideally in time for Pandaria remix so I can level them that way (wishful thinking!!).

True but green dragon essence dose not necessarily mean being chummy with the green dragons.

Although I agree with you which is why I think it’s possible if blizzard wants it

However they are a very martial and warlike people so I expect the warlike classes to get priority happy to be wrong tho

Yeah, that’s my point. If you’re not going to play as a dragon, why play dracthyr at all?

Cause you don’t really play as a dragon. More like a mutant weird thing-creature with dragon bits.

Anyway, best thing that happened to this race since it was introduced. Now if they’d let you fly in visage form it would be perfect.

I have been wondering about this myself. Everyone is making such a huge stink about playing dragoons but then want to stay in said form other than dragoon. I guess they just want the flight form for convenience and nothing else.

The way I understand it is you can stay in visage form during combat but will change when you use drac specific spell. Some have said then you just create a macro to go back into visage. Can’t remember the specific spells but I am sure if you go look on wowhead you should find more info.