Dracthyr Racial

So… I just really have one question for the balance team, why are we getting our racial nerfed from 1.5 min to a whole 3 minutes ?

To add salt to the wounds, to get back our old short cooldown we now have to waste 2 talent points, that we are already stretched thin on, just to be able to un-nerf our racials ?

Why not make it 3 min for everyone but evokers, and evokers get 1.5 min baseline, like… auras and stuff exist, this really isn’t that hard.

The only other CC we have is sleep walk and a mediocre 3 second stun.

20th Anniversary Update PTR Development Notes - Major Class Changes and More - Wowhead News

• Tail Swipe cooldown has been increased to 3 minutes (was 1.5 minutes).

• Wing Buffet cooldown has been increased to 3 minutes (was 1.5 minutes).

• Heavy Wingbeats and Clobbering Sweep are no longer a choice node, and their position has changed in the class tree.

This is the cost of opening it up to more classes.

But it shouldn’t come at a cost of Evoker as a class.

Surely the tech is there to split the cooldown depending on the class, trinkets can already do something similar with specs.

So why not this ? Why not put a cooldown modifier aura on it ?

It would seem logical to me to have Evoker have talents to restore the previous cooldowns but I don’t know what is planned.

It is, but to spend 2 talent to get unnerfed racials is just beyond dumb.

Keep reading.

You can get them both reduced to 1 min as Evoker now and you get one talent baseline too. Heavy Wingbeats will be where where Permeating Chill is right now (and you’ll have to take it if you want 2 charges on Obsidian Scales).

1 Like

Any confirmation on this ? Cause I don’t see anything there from the blue post or the patch notes.

They could just go from obsidian scales to 2 charges talent.

I checked the PTR and that’s where it’s at. Check the PTR talent calculator on wowhead if you want to see for yourself without installing PTR.

2 Likes

I see, well, that saves 1 talent point, but Tail Sweep would still be 3 minutes without using a talent point to pick up the node.

If you do the math it turns out that you end up with exactly the same amount of interrupts per minute as before the changes. Obviously I’m assuming that you use the free talent point(from Chill going baseline) on one of the CD talents.