Draenor / Outland questions

While I’m obviously not a noob at playing Wow, Igot some questions after reading the novel “Beyond the dark portal.”

How many small portals, aside from the Dark Portal, are there on Outland? So far I only found 3.
Zangarmarsh, west of marshlight lake.
Nagrand, Twilight ridge in the west.
Blade edge, Death’s door in the east.
And why are these portals smaller than the Dark Portal?

Could the zones in Outland break further apart in the future? I’d love the idea of an Outland looking like a group of floating rocks, instead of one.

How far is Outland from Azeroth? During the boss fight with Illidan we can clearly see Azeroth* (right?) in the sky, but is it really that close? *While it can’t be seen anywhere else.

Was the continent, including the ones that were destroyed, that became Outland, Draenor’s only continent or could it have more landmasses?

How many? By looking at Hellfire Peninsuia map from Warcraft 3, there should be at last 4 in this region. Gameplay reason - all removed. (same thing happen to “broken isles” from w3, what become “broken isle” in wow)

Why smaller? I think the “main Dark Portal” have to be bigger and better looking than others. Again - gameplay reasons, it just has to be cool… Or You can just add some fantasy ideas like “Azeroth is so full of magic power, so Orcs and Medivth have to build more powerfull portals”

About breaking further Outland; sorry but no. Blizzard do not touch old zones. They do this one time, with vanilia zones changed during Cataclysm. And from lore sight - we killed there like everything, every demon, every naga, every mana crazed blood elf… every neutral hero boss character…

Next - how far it Outland from Azeroth. Dont even start thinking about this =] Its a mess. From Azeroth we can see two moons, but not Outland, from Outland we can see unnamed planet, but its not Azeroth. from holographic images of Azeroth we can see our planet and about 3-4 more floating next to it. from Seat of Pantheon we can see Azeroth, but any moons or planets, same as from Nighthold in Star Augur Etraeus room and from Wrathion vision in Nyalotha. =D MESS.

And to last question: Well, if You look at Dreanor map, in left down corner there is another continet. Some people says its a home of Ogres.

2 Likes

The Azeroth during the Illidan bossfight is most likely a magical illusion. However the distance is an interesting topic. Chronicles states that Draenor was found in a distant corner of the Great Dark Beyond also known as simply Outer Space. Now if we take the statement literally and presume that the Warcraft universe doesn’t only consist of a single galaxy this would place Draenor several millions if not billions of light years away from Azeroth.

Personally, I would say however that the “Great Dark Beyond” is more akin to our “Milky Way” and simple the name of the galaxy, which could place Draenor still several thousands of light years away but that’s slightly more…reasonable?

1 Like

This is probably because they were mass-built around the world in order to invade other worlds, hence why they’d be smaller.

I’m sure that’s what’s happening lorewise. The entire rock is eroding, so at one point certain zones like shadowmoon valley will likely break off. We won’t see it ingame though.

I believe WoD comfirms another landmass where the Ogre Empires were still great. Sadly we didn’t visit those.

Thanks everybody!

pretty much, even in the cinematic where saurfang goes searching for Thrall he says it is breaking appart.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.