Dragonflight desirable RBG changes

Also, the LFG has a big issue: you can’t whisper a leader from the opposite faction! This makes absolutely no sense. If an LFG asks a DK and my DK is Horde but the group leader is Alliance, then I have to shift to my Alliance to whisper him and not just apply with a note, and by that time the group is already delisted!! Cross-faction communication needs to be allowed big time, as cross-faction games are permitted.

1 Like

The RBG of Conquest boxes just shows how much the Developers care! I used like 64 boxes to get 3 pieces for my Alt… like 24k Conquest down the drain. Why not give Conquest boxes just the same as Flux boxes with reduced value? At least the hard-earned Conquest won’t go waste like this!!

I would like to see an mvp sort of system that reflects the win/losses more realisticly. You can be a good player or at least played good in the RBG but due to other players in the group you ended up losing. This loss still counts for you.

I would also like to see that players actually need to have a basic understanding of the BG before they can make a group. I’ve been in too many groups where the leader just doesnt say or lead anything and the group just scatters all over the bg.

Better mmr. Especially this season i’ve noticed allot of 0 cr groups starting their first game against a full 1500+ cr group. Many in the 0cr group have a bit of conquest gear and some honor gear and of course they get trashed completely.

1 Like

This has been an issue that I have faced “n” a number of times this season. Having played up to 2100 MMR this season in my mains, when I tried to play with my new MM hunter, although I started only after having all conquest pieces, and both leggos, I found exactly the same, players with no idea of what’s going on in the game, half geared, etc. The overall system of rbgs needs an overhaul.

The Pre-patch is tomorrow and till now, not a single post related to Rated Battlegrounds from @Blizzard. Feels sad actually…

1 Like

So many changes and new things to look forward to in DF but sadly not a single post about Rated Battlegrounds! I guess this part of the game will just be ignored by the Devs.

1 Like

give soloq.

1 Like

Would love to see anything, any changes at all to RBG at this point.

I do think removing the tank role is probably just the most low effort improvement they could make, but something is better than nothing. Waiting 30 mins plus in queues just to play a single match just isn’t doing it anymore.

1 Like

hjahahaah 30 minutes. you either play meta or below 1.6 for that wait time… anything different goes to 2hrs min

2 Likes

Honestly just being generous with that estimate. But you’re right I’ve literally waited hours sometimes looking for a tank, and people only play meta in LFG, no room for creative thinking :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

at 1.6+ i managed to play 4 rated bgs in a 8 hour session of only LFG linking achivements, and won 0 because we kept facing r1 capping vault teams

also yeah, capping vault in rated is dumb af. make it cap in normal bg, or any honor gained, so people will stop this madness.

2 Likes

In Dragonflight at least with the gear neutralized, the 1 shot games will be done and out. Also with WPvP returning, it would be really nice to gear otherwise. But the most important thing is that they need to bring in incentives to the game mode. New map, RBG-specific mount, titles, transmogs etc. Having couple of new maps is a must now surely. I hope the Devs read this thread…

SWTOR has rbg and they are even balanced better.

I had no idea that any game other than WoW has RBGS!!

Blizzard put a Tweet with all the features of Dragonflight and unfortunately there is not a single mention of Rated Battlegrounds. We won’t have any new flag maps or say any new maps altogether as such. No incentives and no unique rewards for playing RBGs as such. Utterly disappointing…

RANDOM bgs are the only thing why Im playing WOW.

1 Like

The way to make RBGs good content is to give SoloQ for it (and ban tanks)

2 Likes

What is RBG? Did you mean RGB?
/s

RBG means Rated Battlegrounds… something that the Developers have ignored for over a decade now. If any other MMO had this game mode, I would have quit WoW long time back but unfortunately there is none.

Remake of HWL set would be enough to get me in rbgs. Still drooling on BFA cinematic where tauren runs with that set