Dragonflight is 50% off

Yeah 10.1 is a pretty bad place for the game to be in.
But in less than a month we have 10.1.5 so there will be more stuff to get on with.

Looks like i will be able to buy trinkets from the new contents vendors which im looking forward to as ive had awful luck getting trinkets this patch.

Ive not tried it on ptr so i cant say that it will, but im hopeful it will make the game fun to play each day again.

1 Like

Valkdrakken looked busy in the first months of the DF. So I know how populated valkdrakken should look. Its not a phasing problem. It may be the case for some servers to not experience the same ghost town feel, but overall, everyone says its abandoned compared to how it used to be until the first patch.

Queues may still be better in pve instances, but the game is not just pve as you people try to make it look. So if the pvp queues are long that translate in population lost as well. And pvp queues are not just long, they are horible long. Even the 2v2 queues are long, that used to be 100% instant from TBC and up untill now.

Not even in the last days of shadowlands pvp queues were as long as now. In the end of SL random bgs were still instant. 2s arena instant as well.

1 Like

Valdrakken right now for me, and this is middle of the day. Not peak.

There may or not be issues with PvP but that does not mean there aren’t players in the game. People fought for years to get solo queue and now they have it but I can’t comment on why it may or may not be busy. I also haven’t done RBGs since I had to get a recolour for my Mage Tower weapon in Legion. Forming groups was tedious then especially trying to get someone to take a fully mythic geared PvE player with no rating. I know of one community that runs RBGs and if it was something I was interested in I’d probably join that. The average wait time for random battegrounds is short, even for Horde. So there doesn’t seem to be an issue with the casual side of PvP.

Hopefully they will listen to some of the PvP concerns. Providing people give them some constructive feedback on where the issues lie, if they agree with those issues.

point taken, they should just remove pvp from the game as no one even plays it.

they need to just put all those resources into pve which actually matters and make the players happy and all those who still havent bought dragonflight and returned will come back.

good point well made reeve.

I remember people saying that Dragonflight is the best expansion since Legion.

Aged like fine milk.

6 Likes

Game is ded

The idea that Shadowlands, however, is to blame is ridiculous. The majority of WoW players are very casual, and there is nothing for them to do in Dragonflight. They even REDUCED the amount of WQs you can do. Blizzard were convinced that M+ and raids were good enough to carry the entire game. Why they would be crazy enough to think this, when SC2 has for over a decade shown Blizzard that ppl just don´t want to be seriously challenged is beyond me.

Asmon does not even play the game anymore. The last times he streamed WoW this year he would play complain that the game was way too hard, needlessly convoluted and that it was impossible to get new ppl into the game. He talked about this issue for like 3-4 years, sadly Blizzard decided to listen to RWF and M+ pushers instead.

Blizzard have basically been giving content creators free money with all the twitch drop stuff, so don´t expect them to bite the hand that feeds them. Especially during this economy (and falling WoW interest / viewership).

Many content creators basically asked for this kind of Raid / M+ and die expansion. makes sense since most of them started rising to prominence during the Panda era of WoW (raid or die), and have still not managed to accept how much of a massive fiasco that expansion was. You hear how WoW could never survive 3 bad expansions in a row. Truth is, looking at the numbers, Cata, Panda and WoD were all failures. So that isn´t true.

Accepting that treating casual players like neutered cattle was a bad idea would mean having to admit that they were wrong. Which they would never do, since they entire shtick is being self-proclaimed WoW experts.

4 Likes

looks low-decent to me considering you’re on a high pop server. But not even close compared how to used to be in the first months. It was way more full than that on my server (maelstorm) and with MW on. Stormwind on the firewmaw classic got like 10x times more people than what you showed in the picture. That’s really not high.

I really wonder. You love to say that the pvp players are the toxic ones. But you pve players are intoxicating the forum everywhere with this hateful mentality that pvp should be removed from the game and that the wow is a pve game.

If your wish will come true, game will die without the pvp players, believe me. Mmo games wont survive without pvp. There are way better pve games out there.

p.s. I wonder why noone reports posts like that. They are so hateful for the pvp community. Punyelf?

3 Likes

It’s as busy as it was at launch for me :woman_shrugging:t3: It’s not comparable to Classic where you are forced to be on one layer with everyone. If they put all of the players per realm on one shard in Retail it would be unplayable. Classic was bad enough if you were in SW waiting for someone to drop the world buff.

im just agreeing with what you said, why are you bringing punyelf into it?

you said no one plays pvp anymore so those resources should be put into the more popular aspect of the game and be used to bring people back.

this has nothing to do with punyelf so why are you even talking about him?

seems like a weird thing to do reeve, are you trying to cause an argument reeve?

2 Likes

Enlighten me because I can’t be bothered to open that video.

Who is the guy and why should I care?

And hasn’t WoW been dying since patch 1.1?

Dragonflight looks pretty busy to me.

This is called promotion of a game

that is PotatoBob. his real name is Bob Dunning and he has a phd in persistent world design as well as several published articles on the structure of successful mmorpgs and player retention in online games. he is well known for his objective analysis of games that remain profitable well past release.

2 Likes

4.0.6. actually.

2 Likes

The sale is more than just the expansion. It’s pets, mounts, services, Warcraft III, Classic Wrath package etc.

I am loving it.

1 Like

they make more money with microtransactions and services, so i don’t think they care to really sell the expansions full price anymore.

2 Likes

First month of DF was the most fun I had in the game, ever. The world felt alive, players chasing rares for loot and very high degree of warmode participation. Dismounting players while dragonriding and bounties, it was much more enjoyable to chasing world quests.

Soon after the season started all the focus shifted to instanced content and the game became boring. Current outdoor content boils down to chasing map markers before they are zerged down and if you happen to reach the location in time, you get to enjoy the 5 fps gameplay of 100 players attacking the same mob.

1 Like

It’s taliesin, probably the last remaining oldschool Blizzard “shill” remaining. You’ll have a bigger chance of squeezing water from a rock than to have him say anything negative about WoW.

7 Likes

I call them Shilliesin and Shillitel it sounds better doesn’t it? :crazy_face:

I shall continue in my blissful ignorance and continue to play WoW because I like playing WoW.

When I don’t like playing WoW I shall do what I do with everything else I stopped enjoying and just stop.

Which is why if he says the WoW numbers are a disaster people should listen.

The video was also made way before D4.

Obviously disagree with his diagnosis of blaming Shadowlands (or BFA lol). However he probably has a better idea than people who log into a zone where players are sharded together from all over the game and go, wow there are people, the game can´t be dead!!

1 Like