Dragonflight is the ultimate proof that Blizzard don't care about Monks

Really feels like a slap in the face.

Yes they’re insane for someone who has never played monk before Legion.

It’s literally the same gameplay as Shadowlands.

Just because the last rows exist as legendaries or what? You basically have a shaman quality tree gameplay-wise.
I don’t like covenant abilities being in the trees at all though, but seems like blizzard scammed us on this part for every tree to save money making new graphic effects, that fit our classes. I don’t mind covenant abilities from a gameplay perspective, but they should have been adjusted lore/theme-wise, since it doesn’t make sense, that characters, who have never been in shadowlands, or never were nightfae, get Nightfae abilities. That’s just lazily done

1 Like

No. Because the whole tree just rehashes spells that already exist.
There is nothing new in this tree, and once everything has been selected and picked, my monk will play just as it does now with maybe some minor exceptions.

Nothing of importance was changed.
GCD on soothing mist, Chi as a resource system, stance-based gameplay? Nope.

It’s not out of question there will be new VFX, hunters got new VFX for Death Chakram this build.

If the VFX of all covenant abilities are class themed, and have nothing to do with shadowlands, I’m happy.

I’m kinda against reinventing the wheel for every single spec gameplay-wise. Only some need it, but the VFX have to change, or else, I will feel scammed af

1 Like

same reason as any.

MMORPGs tend to bring in new classes every so often. it gets alot of hype.

also, Monks been dead since launch popularity wise.

Isn’t that they have 3 build options - one Disc priest alike, second MW direct healing alike and third time/regen (druid alike) based? While MW just selects pretty much everything in the talent tree to have the same things we have now.

How was that, again?

You use touch of death, and it stores 10 % of the damage dealt to the target over 8 seconds.

No health requirements, just a 2 min cd.

1 Like

We used to be kings because the meta was running away from the mobs in S1, not fighting. As soon as they’ve addressed/fix the issue, DH fell pretty hard.

I was speaking purely from pvp standpoint. Not sure how it was for pvers.

Evoker shouldn’t exist when you factor in how bad class balance has been and class identity has been for god knows how long.

It’s only going to get worse going forward with Dragonflight imho. Giving Evokers the ability to fly while DHs are sitting there with wings is just comedy.

I hope the game moves away from its simplicity and classes are loaded with abilities both fluff and essential

In that case no class should have ever been added after Vanilla because there has never been true class balance in WoW’s history.

It’s relative if we are being honest isn’t it. You also have to factor in cumulative experience along the way , and the current balance. Particularly when considering PvP balance. Just my opinion though :slight_smile: I stand by my original point.

We need less new shiny classes but more classes feeling solid and meaningful and closer to being balanced

Yeah, it’s nice to have as a tank in its current form… But the cooldown aspect of it as Windwalker was better.

1 Like

I loved Legion because it brought lots of classical Warcraft lore into the spotlight and treated it mostly respectfully, and even the retcons were good, as Suramar for example.

But it can’t be denied that the classes were put in a situation that we are still suffering today.

Yes, the classes mostly got very refined toolkits (with big improvements in the subsquent expansions) but that placed them too much on-rails and made them feel super formulaic, as if it these classes were part of a fighting game instead of a MMORPG.

For some reason that made me think of WoW classes in a Soulcalibur style fighting game.

u forget that monks is new player healer class if ur new to healing u start as healer monk then u get good on healing u swamp over to shaman/druid/priest ofcurse monk is going to be simple has been so for 7 years now …

if you new to dps u go hunter if new to tanking you go Paladin :stuck_out_tongue:

It is now, because it’s been dumbed down to oblivion.
This is the result of Blizzard making it worse and worse every expansion. This was not the original design.