Dragonflight Priest Talent Feedback Thread

I mean on live

Shadow is the shiniest it’s been for ages in single target. It’s just SFP, soulbinds and covenant powers that really mess it up

1 Like

Yee, it’s good!

Borrowed power honourable mentions; tier 4 shadow buddy blocking your screen. I always imagined my living shadow to be more fabulous.

That’s the only pet I will really accept, stylish shadow copies of myself zerging the target. OK, tentacles are fine too.

Hey, here’s my latest idea. Make PI cause a fatigue style debuff on the target so the same meta dps can’t be PI’d repeatedly. I suggest 2 minutes, maybe slightly less.

2 min or less debuff would keep it the same, unelss the raid team stacks up priests to keep a 100% uptime, so I’d say 5-9 min to spread it out on 3-5 ppl, and ofc the priest doesn’t get it.

Now that crits only create one Shadow Apparition (with 100% increased damage), shouldn’t Auspicious Spirits go back to providing 2 insanity instead of 1.

Also, Voidform as a huge advantage over Dark Ascension, since it also provides full mastery buff through Shadow Weaving. Shouldn’t this be changed? Either both or none.

Not sure if these topics were discussed already, since this is a very long thread, but I thought I would leave my 2 cents.

1 Like

From what I can see SA still generate 1 apparition on MB, DP and VB casts and 2 on crits, effectively making crits generate 2 insanity

I’ve been over reworking our mastery a few times here, as it’s not really viable in aoe, thinking SA would be more appropriate as mastery, that could proc on any shadow damage done

2 Likes

So you mean that crits generate 2 insanity but it’s missing in the tooltip? that’s nice! thanks a lot for checking that

That is an interesting take, especially since we will have a talent that does exactly the same thing our mastery does at the moment.
Although the “any shadow damage done” part would just make it too passive to use imo, with no interaction - which is the same as most other classes. Personally i prefer complexity.

Yea Insidious Ire, I really don’t like it’s design

I forgot to add that I want it to function kinda like versatility, with the main % being proc chance and the secondary % being damage

Shadow in it of it self is very complex already, so getting a simplified mastery would’ve been a welcome sight, also seeing as we’re becoming even more complex in DF

The base talent doesn’t generate any insanity, but with AS non crits will generate 1 insanity because 1 apparition will spawn, and crits will generate 2 insanity by spawning 2 apparitions, and this is per target with VT on them

1 Like

Didn’t they change it so crits make SA deal 100% increased damage instead of summoning two shadows? At least that is what I read in the latest SP Dragonflight changes:
“Critical strikes with Devouring Plague, Mind Blast, and Void Bolt cause Shadowy Apparitions to deal 100% additional damage instead of spawning two Apparitions.”

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/dragonflight-beta-development-notes/1278546/19

Although it seems the damage is the same, it is actually a nerf to Auspicious Spirits

They’re just making sure we stay sane :crazy_face:

Ohh I hadn’t seen that, must’ve been wowhead that’s slow at updating the talent calculator. So yea it is 1 less insanity, but I’m alright with that. Considering they also buffed our aoe a ton! And it’s only a slight nerf to single target

Kinda random but I just tried Afterlife resurrection + Restitution and it works, we were both dead and then both came to life. Seems like a potentially fun mechanic in the future. I do wonder if it counts against battle res limit?

Think the cast circle for lightwell seems a bit small for a 20yd radius. Would be nice to have a better indicator for it’s limits.

Now that I’ve actually had a chance to play the talents and not theorycraft;

At first I got incredibly overwhelmed with the complexity and forgot to use half the things, even spells I normally manage (mindbender, hello), so I decided to make a simpler build and try different things.

It’s easy to build a really flexible dungeon setup that does everything on a ‘few’ buttons, I had not expected that at all. It’s not strong at any of the things but I guess that’s to be expected when flexible. I think the tree manages that because there’s multiple cleave options.

Plus the free aoe tools from the class tree.

A great many of the nodes add stuff, fewer buff that stuff. So we end up with individually weak effects. So I find it tricky to see how to really spec deep in, like how do I really become single target monster again?

N’zoth is really slow. The idea of having a ticking bomb on a mob is super rad, but in practice we’d get much more mileage on “any time your dot deals damage, it has a chance to damage nearby mobs”, not stacking, not on select mobs. I think that would incentivise dark void and some of the playstyles that increase dot activity. And without RNG on top of RNG maybe it will be possible to tune better what chance it has to deal what damage. If you never pull the trigger, how will you know if this should be a stinger missile or a flashbang?

If only Kaal didn’t drop stacks when she vanishes down the hall :sob: boss with adds is where I got the most out of it, but sometimes I didn’t even see encroaching void on the meter. When I did, it was 15%. So 15% or nothing, it’s hard to work with.

Love psychic link sharing multiple damage sources, please consider adding mindflay:insanity to the list. It’s nice to not rely on mind blast for this, but to be able to do continuous damage.

Love mindflay:insanity, and it wasn’t even an extra button.

Mind blast is my only hasted cooldown? 35% haste gear feels sadness. Is this a problem creating itself? You make a class that mainly scales with haste (dots, channels, gcd economy)+can buff its own haste, so it ends up affecting its overall cooldown economy and then the hammer comes down. I would prefer to scale better with more diverse stats, crit is fun and vers adds survival. Crit could be a chance for more insanity but atm that’s nerfed, reconsider that. Haste could have diminishing returns on cooldown reduction too, then you can more safely allow it on more spells.

And please find a way for void form to gain more use from ancient madness since DA gets twice the effect. It could be a different node for VF tbh.

1 Like

Glyph of the Lightspawn needs to be usable for Holy Priests. With the new talent trees where Holy can pick Shadowfiend it is a bit weird that the glyph is restricted to Discipline.

Holy has way way waaaaaay too many abilities by default. Prayer of Mending could easily be a talent point instead of a default ability.

Divine Hymn and Symbol of hope could easily be merged into one ability.

Lightwell is cool but weak.

Empyreal Blaze should be a passive. It makes no sense to have so many buttons for Holy dps that needs to be pressed so frequently.

Don’t need Shadow Word: Pain as Holy. Too many buttons!!

Power Word: Life is unnecessary button bloat. Make a passive talent instead.
Mindgames is unnecessary button bloat. Make a passive talent instead.

Stupid to give all specs access to Power Word: Shield if they also have access to Angelic Feather. One will do.

Divine Word is cool… but should have a longer cooldown and longer effect. Again, too many buttons to press too often.

Switch Angelic Bulwark and Divine Star / Halo in the class tree. Cooler end-talent.

Holy has way way waaaaay too many active PvP talents. More passives!! Repeat after me Blizzard: “Button bloat is bad!”

Get rid of Vampiric Touch and bake the effect into Shadow Word: Pain for Shadow. Everyone picks Misery anyway, so just merge the two DoTs by default. Less button bloat!

TLDR: Whatever happened to concentrated coolness?! :thinking:

I would suggest avoiding crit on builds using mind melt and ancient madness since the stat has less scaling. Haste and mastery are still be best stats as usual.

Were is shadows damage lol am doin g below a tank 11k…

I am living in the past and still not using mind spike :upside_down_face:
Told you I was making dungeon cleave builds.

There has to be a better way to get VT on targets that s.crash.

Here are some changes that most people enjoy, but personally I am a bit disappointed:

1. MB DP VB crits now make a Shadow Apparitions that deals double damage instead of two shadows;

2. Mind sear now spawns Shadow Apparitions;

I know it is unorthodox, especially with all the crit buffs we can easily get now, but I like to play my shadow priest in a cleave scenario by applying all my dots and trying to crit with MB DP VB on a single target to spawn super upper duper shadow apparitions.
Its a lot of fun, super mobile, and used to deal decent damage.

Now Mind Sear is just so much better than casting DP as long as there are 3+ targets.

It makes shadow priests stronger. But I dislike it as it forces us to play a certain way.

I love having options that affect out gameplay - which we still have don’t get me wrong. But this is making me question if I should main shadow or not.

Just wanted to get this out there

Hi mate,

Although is legitimate that you feel you have too many buttons to press, personally I say: the more buttons the better.

It doesn’t mean you have to press them all to be viable. In a perfect world each button would be optimal in certain scenarios and it would differentiate a better player for being able to adjust to that scenario.

I think they’re achieving a state where they can actually satisfy both players like me or like you: giving us talent trees where we can make builds with either lower or higher amounts of buttons.

I believe that the removal of so many options and merging of others, as you were suggesting, was what caused retail wow class design to be so “dumbed down” for so long. And personally what the thing I most disliked in retail for a while.