Hello, fellow priests,
we already have our Dragonflight talent tree released. For those who have not seen it yet, here is the link:
My first thoughts:
I like new tree, there are really nice builds. What I like the best:
- Prayer of Mending and Flesh Heal being class ability again. That will help both shadow and discipline in their own ways. In PvP, shadow suffers from interrupts greatly, since vast majority of its toolkit is on shadow school. Now, we can at least do something when interrupted. PoM back in disc toolkit seems quite good too.
- Mindgames stay, as well as most of good Shadowlands conduits.
- We have decent number of mana regeneration tools now, which will be really valuable for both holy and discipline.
- Holy Word: Life looks interesting. I guess it will be potent in PvP as another CC break in adition to SW:D and depending on it’s numbers, it could be good life saver too.
- Important utility spells like Mass Dispel and Power Infusion are easily accesible. We even get Twins of Sun Priestess, which will hopefuly ease the PI drama.
- Shadow priests will finaly have chance to spec into Angelic Feather, helping our mobility greatly.
- I really like the idea of “holy” focused discipline and “shadow” focused discipline. So far, holy part of the spec seem to be great for raids and RBGs, while shadow can be really great in M+ and PvP, thanks to Wicked Star silence.
- Inner Light / Shadow PvP talent moving to regular talents is unexpected, but really welcomed.
- New Shadow Covenant feels way less clunky and might actually give us meaningful playstyle. We can now build toolkit composed mostly of shadow spells.
- I really like that we can mix many ways how to reduce CDs on our holy words. Looks like rotating holy words will be central to our spec in DF with Flash Concentration gone.
- More mana regeneration through Cosmic Ripple looks really great too. It looks like we will not have mana issues most likely.
- I like that our holy talents are not pure healing, but we have some interesting damage talents as well.
- Reworking Dark Thoughts into Vampiric Insight feels to be way better, especially for PvP. We will no longer be required to root ourselves in place to proc this.
- We have more AoE tools, since we can combine Auspicious Spirits and Psychic Link
- Our sustain also looks way better, in adition to returning holy spells in our toolkit
What I would like to improve:
- Shackle Undead in its current form is not really attractive pick. Either make it baseline or rework it to Shackle Evil and allow us to shackle also demons, aberrations and maybe even elementals?
- New talents which requires you to be shielded feels a bit weak, considering our PW:S is usually absorbed almost instantly. Perhaps changing them to work as long as we have Weakened Soul would be better…
- Some really interesting talents, like Unwavering Will, are locked behind rather uninteresting picks.
- We will lose Fae Guardians and Boon of the Ascended. Both of these had it’s use across all specs in both PvE and PvP. Losing Boon will definitely hurt our healer damage in M+ for both disc and holy. I’d at least give us choice node for Mindgames or Boon and put Fae Guardians in place of Crystalline Reflection
- Holy also loses Flash Concentration, which was really popular legendary. Instead, we got meme Lightwell back.
- Searing Nightmare is still there. That talent is extremely clunky and unpopular. Rework it please. Instead of this mess, give us a tool to apply Vampiric Touch on more targets at once.
- Also, give shadow more burst oriented build through Mind Spike and Mind Blast nukes.
What are your thoughts?