Dragonflight Shadow Priest Requires Spec Redesign [10.0.5 PVP]

Greetings.

In this topic im going to propose a discussion related to the current situation with the Shadow Priest spec performance in PVP.

Also i want to share my thougts about the possible spec changes which on my opinion can be very usefull for spec gameplay.

So, let’s start.

1. Intro

Considering the previous spec changes in PVP - nerf of damage and proc rate of Mind Blast, Mind Spike, Shadow Word: Death, nerf of Plague and VT, nerf of Focused Will, Shield and Vampiric Embrace, also there was some nerfs of Idol of Y’Shaarj talent - we are facing with the situation when the core spec mechanic is no longer allowing us to be flexible in our build\talents choise or in the other way we will perform in PVP extremely bad.

Why this is hapening? Let me explain.

2. General Tree

The most common talent build we are using now in PVP is focused around direct damage. I cant say that the dot damage performs well at all at the moment.

This is an example:

Let’s review its problems.

General priest tree always has the same basic talents in PVP - we should always go the the Angels-mercy then to Light’s Inspiration
To pick up those talents we should take the most uselsess talent for us - Unwavering Will - this talent should be moved or changed in my opinion, or we should have other possibilities to survive.

Without those talents our survivability will be very low considering the damage that deal other (mostle melee) classes. So we are forced to take it now.

Also in this case we are not able to take fully the most poverfull ability for us - Mind Games. We dont have enought points to pick up Manipulation and Shattered Perceptions as we should always take also Void Shift because of utility and survivability this talent grants.

Keeping in mind that our damage mostly focused on direct damage, its quite strange that we are not able to use the most powerfull talent fully.

Also i cant avoid to discuss Mind Games and its usability at all. I can say that its quite strange that we have recieved this ability instead of getting Unholy Nova - Spell - World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)

As for me Mind Games is not the best choice for Shadow - its very hard to cast under pressure (on burst phase no one will let u cast it free), mostly everyone dispells it instantly, or doing everthing to avoid this damage.

As far as i know some other classes have got the choise and they have several covenant abilities (for ex druid), but we dont have something like this. I believe that its possible to give SP the Unholy Nova in our Shadow Spec Tree.

And i should say that it makes sense as the last tier talents - Idols - mostly useless in PVP. This is the point we will cover next.

3. Shadow Priest Tree.

TBC

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.