Drain Soul?

Okay so i did a dps simulation of an affliction warlock with ilvl 434 and results were almost the same?
With Deathbolt talent = 43614 DPS
With Drain Soul talent = 40197 DPS

I mean sure you lose 3417 DPS but since people said DS is useless i was thinking you lose like half of your dps.

This is an 8.5% dps loss. At which percentage would you start calling it useless? :wink:

Yeah you are right…it is useless…i was just hoping…ah well lol

But it is still gr8 to fish out shards in multitarget situations :slight_smile:

You need to compare 3 things:
• DPS with Drain Soul talent
• DPS with Deathbolt talent
• DPS without using any talent from that row as baseline

And see how much DPS you gain from Deathbolt vs how much DPS you gain from Drain Soul.

Some people say Drain Soul is a DPS loss compared to the standard Shadowbolt (when you don’t take any talent at all). In this sense the talent is useless. But I’ve never tested this myself.

This talent DOES need a buff as it is sadly weak overall however this talent really doesn’t sim well for its intended purpose which is = targets below 20% hp were it gets bonus damage

Personal opinion this talent should ether do same damage as SB baseline or not replace SB at all. Its sadly weaker than other two options, nightfall procs are actually okay for multi target fights due to proc rate and this talent only really shines in world content or leveling where it makes shard regeneration much smoother

2 Likes

I freaking love this talent on my lockie, just a shame that its so useless because im having a blast using it in islands

Same here, i do like the play style of DS instead of SB. But my god, drain soul really sucks! Blizzard please buff/update weak choices like this. DS and shadow embrace need a BUUF

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.