Draka with Thrall

Why just Thrall? Why not Geyarah?

1 Like

This is my alt. I have played through all the stories and I have no clue which part of Drakaā€™s cameos couldā€™ve been so ā€œemotionalā€.

Ok. Thatā€™s you, this is me, and I do, and did. It wasnā€™t cameo content, but an emphatic reaction, and thereā€™s not really a way I can think of to explain why, other than to say that stories engage because people care about the characters, both positively and negatively, and Draka and Ysera are among the WoW characters that I care about.

I speak about this objectively. Like I can I donā€™t care about any of those two but even I can tell that they tried to build up on emotional feelings with Ysera cause the end of the Ardenwald campaign was about her rebirth. Draka in comparsion was here and thereā€¦ gave you a few tasksā€¦ (?) where exactly is the emotional part? Is it when Krexus dies?

No, itā€™s her being there, my knowledge of who she is and her backstory, and then her backstory in SL. Mostly itā€™s about the sense of continuity but partly itā€™s how sheā€™s been drawn as a character, struck a chord, thatā€™s all.

What I saw iwas that she was seen as ā€œspecialā€ by Akarek (which was not explained in the slightest) and switched to the house of chosen. Even Alexandros Mograine got more touching story in there.

Staegor, as much as you may objectively right, it doesnā€™t make sense to argue about a subjective emotional response.
I know people who donā€™t care about the ride of the Rohirrim in the last LotR movie, for me itā€™s Goosebumps and extatic-feeling every time for nearly 20 years now. Everyone feels differently and relates to different things.

2 Likes

Yes, and if I didnā€™t already care about Draka then I wouldnā€™t have been triggered by her appearance in SL. As I explained earlier, I already cared, you didnā€™t. Not hard to understand. I expect there are characters in game that you cared about, and that died at some point in the last 15 years, would you not have some emotional response to their appearance in SL?

1 Like

Not if they wouldā€™ve been half-arsed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.