Druid class tree from a 3v3 healer perspective

Restoration Druid talent tree feedback from a 3v3 arena perspective.
I like the idea and execution of most talent trees, and I am very excited about every healer except for the druid going into Dragonflight. Especially the class talent tree is miles behind every other healer.

My main concerns regarding the druid class talent tree from a 3v3 arena perspective:
• Every other healer is getting a significant increase in cc/offensive utility, AND the utility is easily accessible. Druids lose rake stun as well as the ability to have roar and bash at the same time. They also do way less damage than other healers.
• Druids have an incredible amount of close to worthless talents. To get utility, druids must take Starfire, Starsurge (Moonkin(rarely helpful)), thrash, swipe, rip, 3 points in killer instinct, ironfur, and soothe. That is a third of all talent points spent on more or less worthless abilities. This is not the case for the other healers. Resto shamans have one worthless talent point (chain lightning), priests, monk and hpala have zero useless talent points.
• Resto druids have three different three-node talents; all are gatekeeping important talents. No other healer has even one three-node talent.

Possible solutions:
• Give more of the form-specific abilities as baseline. Examples include swipe, Starfire, Sunfire, rake, and thrash, or group them up and add them to an affinity-like talent.
• Move the utility closer to the tree’s base and consider giving rake the stun component back. Also, consider uncoupling some cc spells since this is happening for other classes.
• Take away the three-node talents.

6 Likes

Good points. I agree, not from a resto druid perspective, but from a pvp feral. Sucks to lose cc and stupid to have to take worthless abilities to get what we used to have, for example balance abilitites for cyclone, or feral/guardian stuff like you mentioned for rdruids and boomkins.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.