Druid Class Tree needs some work

Still some terrible talent paths right now like Soothe, and I am also not a fan of locking so much utility that was formerly baseline like Hibernate. Why not replace those with interesting new additions?

1 Like

Soothe is about the only utility spell in the tree that’s easy to access. Unless you don’t want to take wild charge or tiger dash. It’s the rest of the tree that’s the problem.

1 Like

Take a look at guardian tree, it’s so bad…

2 Likes

Instead of calling it bad just list some proposals on the PTR forum…

Can’t tell for guardian but I still don’t get how everyone is acting like the class tree is the most horrible thing ever.

Sure, it was baseline before but where do your want to waste your points in the new one?? There is alot of choices right now which grants even more utility than we have right now.

This is a list of utility with the most crucial guardian choices and there is still room to switch:

• hibernate
  • typhoon
  • vortex
  • innervate
  • virgil

Where exactly do you see a problem? If you don’t take sooth, which path is blocked for you? It’s almost baseline so what…

1 Like

Every class has this in DF, nothing is baseline and everythings a choice through the talent tree so sadly utilitys going to be there.

My major problem with druid atm is its base druid tree mainly (but yeah guardians pretty bad to stack)

1 Like

Resto is in a good spot from what people say (I dont play resto).

Guardian needs some work, but most problems will be solved with Solar beam or something like a silence Roar and/or glyph of Fae Silence.

Feral is ok but some changes to positions are still needed

Balance needs a lot of love, or at least a detailed post with explanation (maybe even a rework)

Class tree is really bad and needs A LOT of work…

1 Like

My problem with guardian is the moonfire build.

Fury of Nature: 20% buff to arcane damage
Elune’s Favored: 30%buff arcane, heal for 30% of arcane dam done.
Circle of L&D

All are in the bottom-central part of the tree, yet Blizzard managed to put Twin Moonfire in the right part. Forcing me to waste point to get there.

Also i would move Incarnation out of there and swap it with Rend and Tear.

1 Like

Twin moons should be a class talent

1 Like

True as well BUT if they wanna leave it there, they should deginiyely move those 2 near the arcanish part of the build.

1 Like

Compare the druid class tree with the other hybrid class trees. The Monk and paladin class trees are a web of connections, which allow builds that take points from across the tree. There is not a single dead end node on either tree (until you reach the capstones), and no node requiring more than 2 points invested.

Meanwhile, the druid class tree locks you into whichever path you’ve taken from the very start (the furthest right top node doesn’t even offer pathing to access the middle of the tree), has a total of 10 dead end nodes above the capstones, and has 3-point nodes blocking access to essential utility.

It’s a mess.

I won’t go into more depth here, but if you’re interested, I made a more detailed post, with suggestions for improvement, on the beta forum:
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/en/wow/t/feedback-druids/368397/30

4 Likes

I think the biggest problems with the druid tree is that every single node is one of our spells and without these nodes you have a single spell for your spec.

For example let’s look at feral, you only have 2 spells in your spellbook, Shred and FB, how can the baseline for a spec be 2 spells? Shred, Rake, Rip, FB, Thrash and Swipe all should be BASELINE. Why do all other specs get all their spells and Ferals for example are forced to waste points just to be able actually have a rotation. How can there be a spec without at least one AoE skill baseline?

I think no other class has lost ALL it’s spells and requires you to spend 10 points just to get back spells that your basic rotation requires and without them you have nothing to actually press in your form.

I checked DK, DH, Evoker, Hunter, Mage, Monk, all of them get their base spells + some AoE spells (some get get like 90% of their regular rotation as basic spells), it’s really odd why Druids seem like one of the not many if not the only spec that loses all it’s spec specific spells and Feral for example has only 2 spells and everything else requires you to waste talents.

In my opinion half of the current nodes in the class tree need to go baseline and new talents created in their place. Furor and HotW need to be changed, maybe not capstones cause both of them are niche, not usable are you use once a year. I don’t think capstones should be spells you never use or almost never use.

The tree is just awful, but I think the DevTeam already knows that, just seems like they don’t have the time / manpower to do anything about it. I do believe the class tree will be changed, but I’m scared that it will happen so late that even if it turns out to still be bad it will go live like that cause there won’t be time to improve it.

Let’s hope I’m wrong and let’s hope Blizzard starts caring about Druids. Fingers crossed. Cheers.

3 Likes

Yeah, hard agree this feels really bad. Take away lots of stuff, make you spend talent points to get it back and in a layout that forces you to also take lots of things you do not want to take. The Druid class tree definitely needs a very thorough overhaul.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.