Druid class tree rework

Druid class tree is terrible.
Druid feels a lot weaker compared to Shadowlands. The class tree exists of too many talents that should have been baseline, too many bad talents and too many talents that are just missing.

Should have been baseline:

• Each spec’s affinity
  • Cyclone
  • Innervate
  • Hibernate
  • Soothe
  • Stampeding Roar
  • Primal Fury (Feral baseline)
  • Improved swipe (Feral & Guardian baseline)

Bad class talents:

• Lycara’s Teachings, should have been a 2 talent node
  • Well-Honed Instincts, should have been a 1 talent node placed near the top of the tree accesable for all druids
  • Verdant Heart, does not seem to increase Frenzied Regen healing, could be replaced with Well-Honed Instincts
  • Heart of the wild, CD too long
  • Protector of the Pack, needs to store more % because currently it ramps up too slow
  • Nature’s Vigil, make a choice node to passively heal/damage just like the monk Diffuse Magic/Dampen Harm 10.1.5 class nodes
  • Ursine Vigor, just bad
  • Improved Rejuvenation, bad because Rejuvenation healing is bad
  • Wild Growth, has to switch places with Remove Corruption

Missing class talents:

• Convoke, Makes more sense to have this in the class tree. Most other classes got their SL ability in their class tree as well. DK abom Limb, DH Hunt, Hunter wall hack, Mage Shifting Power, Paladin Divine Toll, Priest Mindgames, Warrior Spear of Bastion.
  • Incarnation, and not split up in up to 5 different talents s.v.p.
  • Berserk/CA
  • Soul of the Forest
  • Circle of Life and Death
  • Adaptive Swarm, and please change this ability to fit the druid fantasy more as well
  • Ysera’s Gift, Resto druid only as of right now, used to be the restoration affinity, instead got replaced by Natural Recovery, which I dislike
  • Oath of the elder druid: Effects of Thick Hide, Astral Influence, Feline Swiftness, and Ysera’s Gift increased by 75%. When you shift into your Affinity’s form, you gain Heart of the Wild for 10 sec, once every 1 min.
    Make it worth shapeshifting again, that’s what’s being a druid is all about. I tought these new talent trees were intended to give us more freedom of play, not less. I feel I had more freedom of play when I was bound to a covenant in SL.

Please rework, thank you.

7 Likes

Druid design is outdated in a sense that the concept of hybrid or utility class simply doesn’t exist anymore in modern wow. It is either a full healer or full DPS, many of which have so much healing of their own through leech effects that they overshadow whatever druid might be able to achieve with form swapping.

The general talent tree works to an extent with three specializations but in practice all these perks might only be beneficial for different modes of PVP; topping off yourself or your party between combat, providing extra mobility or survivability depending on whether your’re standing your ground, chasing after or running with a flag.

Unlike all other classes who can stack up on useful spells and passives, Guardian enjoys very little of anything from General tree in PVE because you simply can’t shift out of bear form. If you happen to be offtanking in a raid, you’re probably not shifting into cat form or throwing spells in caster form because you deal inferior damage as such thanks to the 10 different “increases moonfire damage in specific form” talents. among other things.

Instead of thinking to myself how all of these talents make me stronger. I have to choose the least horrible route to the bottom where I might find one or two useful buttons.

The new replacement talent which does X or Y depending on the time of day is simply insulting. I don’t even understand the reasoning behind introducing this.

Start by freeing up a single talent point, it won’t break any spec. Why is Lycara still a 3/3?

Glyph of Stars is still making your character show as a white silhouette and Orbital Strike disables armored effects from showing up on Moonkin form. Why is there so little customization? Put astral form as Moonkin barbershop customization already.

2 Likes

isnt it obvious? They want us to reroll evoker.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.