[Druid event] - Emerald Assembly - 06/04

Introduction:

Brothers and sisters of the wild. The Emerald Assembly calls upon you once more to gather and see what news comes from all around Azeroth. Let us gather and see what we can once more do to aid our home.

Schedule:

Date: 06/04/2024

20:00 - 20:15: Opening
20:15 - 21:00: Discussion about the topics given in the Emerald Enclave Discord
21:00 - 21:15: Little break
21:15 - 22:00: Open discussion about topics brought up

If there is nothing left to discuss, the event will naturally end at the end of the discussion.

Topics:

If people want to join the discord and give their topic beforehand, feel free to click the link below:

Grizzlemaw - Grizzly Hills

OOC Details:

Hey Argent Dawn, time for a new Assembly. The meeting is open for every Druid that supports the greater good of Azeroth. I will say that, those who end up being hostile will be asked to leave and if not, might result in getting sent away by force. I do not mind banter, but creating a violent & warlike event is not what I am striving for.

I do however have rules, as I do not want this to become a powerhouse club where characters start to command others around. It is a meeting where every character can have their say.
Should this not happen, I always have topics I could bring forth.ope for a respectful environment OOC and nobody starts to bash on each other because of IC actions/ideas.

12 Likes

Looking forward to another of these!

2 Likes

Making me wish Ihad a druid who actually called themselves a druid.

4 Likes

Once again looking forward to this! Especially since it turns out I am that rare, but important Horde druid rep out there! :smile:

4 Likes

Looking forward to it :smiley:

1 Like

It’s getting close :3
Time to represent Vulps again…and maybe talk a bit more this time XD

1 Like

Next weekend the Assembly is taking place once more.
For those willing to contribute to the topics of the meeting, I strongly suggest you to join the discord by clicking the link above and share it with us there. This way we can plan everything out a little better.

I hope to see you guys then!

:bear: :shamrock: :owl: :tiger:

1 Like

Through unforseen circumstances, a child of the forest has taken me as +1 for being “practically a druid.”

See you tomorrow.

1 Like

Tonight the Assembly will take place in Grizzly Hills at Grizzlemaw.

1 Like

Best of luck in hosting the Assembly! May it go well for everyone involved!

Summary of the Fifth (some would argue Sixth or Seventh, but I have the final say here) Emerald Assembly, Vordrassil, 6th Night of the 4th Moon.

Opening:

The assembly commenced with a minor controversy as Yurion, the naughtiest of bears, did not waste any time to harangue the selfless and ethereally gorgeous scribe with criticism, suspecting her of being a terrible magi come to taint the innocent minds of young druids with her wicked witching ways. Though some sided with this hurtful perspective, or even suggested democracy(!) should decide whether she be permitted to alleviate them from their mundane chores at no cost, most were merely bothered by the delay, or too busy being enthralled by the magnificent winter raiments she had chosen for the occasion.

Knowledge Sharing (Speaker: Meladriss)

Picking up from where the assembly of the 3rd Moon ended, Meladriss again raised the thought-provoking discussion on the importance of sharing druidic knowledge with races without representation in the Cenarion Circle, or ties to Cenarius’ teachings, and how they might gain access to these resources—sparking a discussion with Andreleth questioning the necessity of additional sources beyond what is already stored in Val’sharah’s and Moonglade’s archives. Rethion voiced his opinion on the insufficiency of dissemination in the spread of druidism, emphasizing the dedication required for proper druidic teachings.

Teagan, a harvest witch, highlighted the diversity of paths towards druidism and offered a reminder that not only were there Kaldorei present, but also Thornspeakers, Tauren and Trolls. Alladar added the importance of adapting teaching methods and material to cater to individual students’ needs, praising the written word’s ability to reach anyone, anywhere, at any given time. Beithelyn expressed the benefit of adding the knowledge and teachings of other druidic races to the Cenarion archives, but stressed that it must be a voluntary and reciprocal process.

Luuso, a young Vulpera student only a decade into her journey, took the stand to suggest the organisation of interactive learning sessions headed by druids, where knowledge about nature, the Dream and the broader world could be shared with outsiders to nurture their budding interest.

Rynia offered her final words on the topic, seeking to clarify that the original discussion had regarded ways to bridge the gap between traditions so potential students from both the Alliance and the Horde could gain access to the knowledge they seek. There was never any intention to alter the function of any libraries or archives.

Druid/Priestess Moot (Speaker: Meladriss)

A meeting between Kaldorei druids and priestesses to explore opportunities for mutual cooperation was proposed, receiving a suspiciously overwhelming support from the Kaldorei participants in the crowd.

Kaldorei Matters (Speaker: Briarmouth)

Thornspeaker Briarmouth questioned the exclusion of non-Kaldorei from the proposed meeting between druids and priestesses. In response, clarification was provided: the meeting’s focus is on addressing specific Kaldorei concerns rather than druidic matters. The crowd’s reception to this revelation was lukewarm.

Nerubian Incursion (Speaker: Rethion)

News of nerubian attacks are spreading across the world, not to be confused with their undead counterparts, leaving behind the taint of the Void in their wake as they employ a nefarious tactic of abducting certain victims and skittering back down into their holes when pursued. A disturbing development wherein individuals have begun hearing a mysterious woman’s voice was shared, suggested by the Obsidian flight to be none other than Azeroth herself. The same individuals become targets for the Nerubians. Rethion appeals for aid from all willing participants, not only to locate and neutralize the new foe, but also to cleanse and purify the lands they’ve desecrated with the unabated corruption of Void.

Mid-Point Break

Editor’s Note: I once more apologise on behalf of Meladriss and wish to emphasize that he meant to recommend the audience to stretch their legs, not spread them.

Gratitude (Speaker: Luuso)

Our young, enthusiastic Vulpera took a moment to express gratitude for the positive atmosphere and camaraderie at the assembly, despite Yurion’s hurtful outbursts against their beloved scribe.

Scourge (Speaker: Yurak’am)

Yurak’am, a Lifeweaver, brought attention to a new form of Scourge their people had encountered in these past moons, utilizing life magic to manipulate and weaponize fungal growths with origins in the Northern Plaguelands. Elanrya, a druid specialized on spores and fungi, offered her aid, expressing a willingness to contribute her expertise to their cause.

Rethion countered with a controversial opinion, suggesting seeking assistance from the Ebon Blades with their unique expertise in matters of death. The conversation soon ended after a thundering scoff from a certain haughty bear, with Yurak’am, now presented with options, willing to share research notes and Elanrya pledging to read them after the assembly.

Thornspeaker Aeythr spoke of her coven’s unique perspective on druidism, characterized by a broader and darker conception of balance which might not always align with the comfort levels of adjacent orders. Thornspeakers typically abstained from such gatherings but felt compelled to attend following the success of the previous assembly. She implored the audience not to overlook the Thornspeakers’ potential contribution, reminding them that they stood ready to offer support and expertise so that they may not need to rely on external entities like the Ebon Blade.

Andreleth, a Kaldorei druid, took deep offence to this assertion, considering it a disrespect to suggest that the Thornspeakers have a broader understanding of the Balance than they.

Looking for Thero’shan (Speaker: Denathos)

The Kaldorei druid Denathos approached the assembly with a personal request, announcing his search for a student to pass on his knowledge to, regardless of their descent and allegiance, sharing that he can usually be found by Amirdrassil.

Meladriss inquired about his approach to teaching, prompting a discussion of the diversity of approaches practiced by the crowd. Alladar advocating for personalized, student-centered learning while Denathos favoured field trips into the wilderness above literature to cultivate an understanding of nature’s rhytm and mystery.

(Editor’s Note: He appears to stand about eight feet tall, with broad shoulders and a chiseled jawline. I felt that this information may be of interest to potential students.)

Response to Andreleth (Speaker: Aeythr)

Aeythr wished to convey her assurance that the Thornspeakers harboured no disrespect towards anyone present, emphasizing their respect for the diverse beliefs held by different orders, all interconnected through the nurturing embrace of the seas.

C.C.A.M.P (Speaker: Akulé)

Shu’halo Akulé announced a new project he had undertaken: the creation of an updated edition of the CCAMP (Cenarion Circle Mountaineering Pamphlet), a resource for aspiring druids, based on Cenarion literature yet aimed to be more inclusive, catering to all who sought to walk the path of a druid, regardless of their affiliation with the Cenarion Circle. He humbly requests contributions from those willing to share from their wisdom and experiences, inviting interested parties to reach out to him in Thunder Bluff.

Help Needed (Speaker: Alladar)

Alladar runs an apothecary situated in Bel’ameth, where he combines healing abilities with his knowledge of alchemy to aid the unwell. He expressed a need for assistance in managing the establishment, especially during his absence, extending an invitation to anyone interested or aware of promising candidates, opening the opportunity to individuals from all backgrounds as long as they know their way around an alchemy lab. Being a fellow druid is welcome, but not a prerequisite.

7 Likes

I just simply wanted to say I am loving these events & I implore anyone reading these who is unsure about attending to please give it a try! It was absolutely wonderful to not be the only Thornspeaker at this last event <3

5 Likes

I never did druid rp before, so it is very nice to have gotten a chance to dip my toes into the druid community. Got a cool elven ally out of this event too, once I worked up the courage to bring up a plot my character has been dealing with. Thank you all for the opportunity.

2 Likes