Druid in DF: I am sad

It feels like they chopped off 4 limbs but let us get back 2 of them.

As a guardian main (not this char) - it disturbs me how I have to go such weird ways to pick ONE cc or interrupt.
Then in the end not have access to things I have used since VANILLA …

EXAMPLE;
Soothe
Hibernate

Why are these two in the tree at all??
They are baseline druid stuff!!

Stop chopping us up and picking us apart :face_vomiting::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

they can be in the tree, but easily accessible

They should be baseline imo, like they are now.
I dislike being chopped up and asked to pick parts.

1 Like

Its cuz they are utility, lots of the times in raids/dungeons or pvp you wont ever need all 3 of them so you choosing them is fine

1 Like

Its still chopping limbs off and asking me to choose.
Its poor design and makes it feel bad to go into.

Some stuff should remain baseline, its part of the class in its core.

Eh its better then over ability bloat, loosing some abilites that you will almost never use and it just looks pretty is better then having 50/60 keybinds when 20-30 of them you will almost never press. DF rework for talents is supposed to make us think and choose what we need and when we need them. So we need a CC on this boss got it, we need more kicks for this boss got it or we need more dps got it.

1 Like

all dispels are talents, they should just be really easily acquired

I can assure you that I use these abilites a lot as a druid in M+ and raiding, especially higher levels 20+.

So hard disagree.
When it comes to these things; its not ok.

But the ones I mentioned are core abilities we have had since the beginning.
Its removing core things at this point.

Apart from raging weeks how often u use soothe ? U can soothe horses in kara , or murlocs in gambit but thats it . U soothe one mob and 5 next are still enraged , by the time u got CD to soothe all they are dead . There were some niche uses like bull in top tho. But still , its not something i would choose every dungeon and every week.

Hibernate even less uses . For this whole season i use it on that wyvern on 3rd ID boss , if i have nothing else to CC it

So again, thats a reaaaaly niche

Hard agree… They could remove Hibernate. I wouldn’t even recognize it tbh. Also the class tree seems okay imo. They really should focus on the spec tree as it’s more game breaking if the spec core rotation and spells are broken rather than if I got soothe or not. Who cares

It’s more like getting a hair cut. Chopping of a limb feels like exaggerating.

Yea spec tree needs some adjustmenet as of those specific spells, hibernate can be forgoten easily unless there is some huge use for it and then still we got like 473892 different CCs for that purpose across all classes. Soothe can be picked when needed .

I use all these abilities too, but don’t you think that M+ will be different in DF given that all classes are getting changes? I think you’re extending your current M+ build forwards from the context of SL to DF without accounting for the changes that will come with the four other players in your group.

1 Like

Im thinking about all my 17 years of playing.
I use soothe, hibernate and vortex/massroot quite frequently - and have done for most of my years.

People seem highly unaware of where to use these.
An extra example now is hibernate on bat from affix which can be cast in bearform relatively quick.

I feel like the issue here is a lot of people dont care about druid CC ability and load it over on other classes; meanwhile druids are already a low pick out of all…

I want druids to be useful, not less desired than they are even now.

3 Likes

You have my seal of approval !

3 Likes

It is true what you say about hibernate. It is a really fun to be able to cast in form, what about if more spells were castable in form? In exchange for having to be more discerning, we can cast cyclone and so on in form?

1 Like

I hope, and believe, the guardian tree is not complete.

After the druid dev quit, the dev(s) who took over druid havent mentioned guardian yet while resto and feral have gotten changes started, and balance has gotten dev comment on how they are planning on changing it…

only guardians left now :wink:

1 Like

Same tbh

I dont think druid is rly finished, a large issue blizzard faced was simply multiple class devs left. Which ment they developed the first iteration of talentz (which for most classes werent great)

Seeing ferals changes look actually pretty decent and although their are definfly points of improvement the new devs writing on how he feels about feral imho was pretty damb good

I do have hope guardian will get rhe changes it needs tbh

Just hopefully after theyve got guardian done they take a look at the druid tree. As thst aint looking great either

1 Like

Yeah the text was better than the talent updates tbh, really gave me some faith that it might work out to be good in the end. He actually addressed all the major concerns

I kind of agree. Also it seems the druid playerbase has collectively agreed that bleeds and snapshotting is what feral is all about. For me, I prefer a more versatile feral that can opt in and out of burst or high-sustained damage (bleeds). As it stands, I can’t really see how we are supposed to land Convoke as a justifiable talent. Bites seem to be made into a bleed amplifier.

In Shadowlands for PvE, we have high ST damage, but severely lack cleave/AoE and I guess if that’s fixed then the class is fine for PvE.

For PvP, it seems it’ll be even more hit’n’run than ever. I just don’t fully understand the playstyle anymore. Ofc, WoD era feral isn’t ideal either, but I’m starting to suspect that blizz doesn’t know what to do with DPS druids in general.