Druid Stampede macro

So as a Restoration Druid I will often cast Stampeding Roar between packs and sometimes during an encounter to help others move out of stuff when it’s messy. However, Stampeding Roar automatically puts you into bear form, which 9 times out of 10 I don’t want to be in. Is there a way to automatically cancel Bear Form after casting Stampeding Roar? I can thinkg of quick workarounds that would work but require several button presses, but I do wonder why

/cast Stampeding Roar
/cancelform

does not work. I mean it probably has to do with the fact that the Bear Form does not activate instantly and thusly cannot be cancelled, but I think that’s hella lame. I can put the macro in the same spot in bear form, press it twice and instantly be out of Bear Form after the Roar.*

Anyone got a working macro for that purpose?

*“Then why not just do that?”

Well firstly I’d have to find a new spot for Bear Taunt, which would really suck considering taunt has been on that button on all my tank specs for ages and while I don’t need it particularly often as Resto, taunting a mob off my low health tank for some breathing room while the mob has to run up to 80 yards (40 to me and 40 back to the tank). And secondly it just seems like such an unnecessary inconvenience… recode the spell to activate bear form first and then shout and blam, cancelmacro works. It’s not like quickly hitting the button twice is some massive skill check for the player and people who are fond of being in bear form after roaring can just not use the macro.

Not possible due to race conditions. You’ll need to double tap it.

Assuming you’re primarily using Stampede out of combat you could do something like…

#showtooltip
/cancelform [nocombat]
/stopmacro [nocombat]
/cast Growl

That way your growl button will kick you back out if you’re not in combat but will function normally while in combat.

Thank you for the reply! I’ll find a workaround then. Kind annoying but what can ya do, eh?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.