Druid, worth it?

Greeting Druids of the forums!

I’ve been maining a Fury Warrior for a few months now but I have “the itch” to try something new and Figured I would give Druid a shot.

From a class fantasy perspective everything feels pretty spot on but something about the gameplay feels a little…off.

Keep in mine I’m not even level 20 yet but I’ve been messing around in a few specs and well…

Guardian feels like a worse version of Prot Warrior
Feral feels like a badly built Rogue
and Balance just feels damn right janky to play

My questions to you all are…

Is it worth pushing through and levelling up to max?
Does Balance ever feel…not janky?
How are things looking for Dragonflight?

Balance smooths out and in honesty becomes a damn nice spec to play IMO. Don’t ask me the level as it’s been ages.

Guardian a worse prot warrior, hmm. I prefer it to prot and I mained prot warrior from WoTLK up to legion.
I just feel like Guardian offers more as a ‘whole’ package and is actually more fun to play but that parts obviously personal opinion.

Feral a worse version of rogue is pretty much spot on from level 1-60. Feral unfortunately suffers from (again imo) a distinct lack of identity or truly anything to pick over a rogue. But it is definitely more fun and rewarding to play when you get it nailed down.

All in all the major benefit to Druid is even if Feral isn’t doing great and boomy or guardian is off to a slow start, you still have resto/guardian or resto/boomy to roll with so you’re not completely stuck.
That is the prime benefit of a Druid for me and probably a lot of Druid players, you never really feel lurched because you have something to fall back on and once you’re familiar with all the specs rolling between them is a cake walk.

Plus flight form, I mean come on!

2 Likes

I can add that resto is the most fun heal spec I ever played

1 Like

As a feral main for a few xpacs I can tell you that your impression of the spec was spot on :joy: It’s especially sad that it is ingrained in people’s minds as budget rogue.

Thing with druid is that it’s a jack of all trades and it shines in overplay possibility (that’s for pvp) and balance/guardian always have a spot in rbgs, resto is usually doing well in pvp as well and feral has an iconic arena comp in ‘Jungle’. It’s always nice to have a druid at least as an alt imo. Plenty of people use them for gathering, open world stuff, wpvp etc.

PvE-wise balance and resto druids shouldn’t have an issue getting spots. Resto is a fun healer, just a tad bit harder because most of their toolkit is heals over time and you have to predict dmg. Balance imo can get a little monotonous in its rotation, but it’s easy to do well with. Guardian is fine too, it’s got plenty of raid-wide utility and buffs.

Also, it’s the only class with 4 specs and all roles :wink: All can at least off heal too.

You’re simply looking at druid from a point of view of a non hybrid class, don’t try to compare druid to warrior, you can compare it to shaman, monk, pala. It might not be your playstyle though! I personally love hybrids.

*I wanna add that feral and resto would be considered high skill specs, while balance and guardian are easy so keep that in mind.

2 Likes

Balance does feel nice to play at max level. The only problem is the lack of damage. You sweat and press all your CD’s and survival hunter does more damage when he falls asleep and his head hits the keyboard.

Their utility is also fun. Vortex, mass root, soothe, treants, stealth and more. They have an excellent toolkit.

1 Like

Its a shame cause feral is alot more fun then rogue is too. I always have a voice saying to roll one lol.

Havent played one since legion tho.

2 Likes

Survival hunter was really bad and not even considered over the other hunter specs for pve until recently though so I’m kind of fine with them having some fun ^^ Balance usually did well dmg-wise so I wouldn’t worry about that rn. I don’t think it’s sweaty either as the rotation is very simplistic imo and makes me snooze a little.

I mean if you really want to, you can get by playing feral, you just have to deal with the prejudice, having to work hard for little and being neglected by Blizz. I’m pretty sure we all suffer from Stockholm syndrom.

I kind of omitted the questions…

1, 2) yes, some classes just happen to have a better lvling xp than other ones, but don’t judge by that, you can also make trial chars and test them like that if you don’t wanna waste time, you might not e.g. like the Eclipse mechanic
3) well, I think compared to some of the other trees I kind of had a ‘same old’ feeling which won’t matter to you and it’s not necessarily bad either (checked only feral and balance), feral tree still has some nonsensical nodes and picks that feel bad, I hope they polish it out (copium).

In the end we won’t really know until DF tbh. I have an army of alts to be tested and I’m sure I’ll have to pvp with them and all in DF to narrow the pool down.

How bad is the dps is it by chance?

Just out of curiousity.

I am no pver but I remember feral actually did well in SL raids for some time, no idea about M+ … thing is it still has snapshotting and the rotation needs to be perfectly executed to not start massively losing dps and everyone will rather take a boomie.

As for pvp, you have smaller number of comps than other specs, sometimes only Jungle was viable, damage is usually ok, but again people always called it a meme spec (even if it does well when you’re a good feral) and rather take a rogue from the arena queue. Doesn’t have a place in rbgs unlike the other druid specs.

That’s probably more than or not what you wanted to hear :wink: You can look up the current numbers, I’ve switched over to shaman for main, but still have love for the kitty.

Well i has made a feral druid (Floofus here) we shall see how it goes. Just got my second legendary unlocked and renown 80 so atleast the catch up is incredibly fast haha

Time to go do some m+ :smiley:

i see profile is just as slow as it used to be updating… still marking me at 235 and renown 64 lol.

2 Likes

Nice, have fun mate and welcome to the kitty gang :tiger:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.