Drustvar Skinning

Why u broke the skining spot in Drustvar with the Quillrat animals… No more leathers and bones. Where to make fast gold to pay my token

I can only hazard a guess that it was one of the areas frequented by multiboxing skinners flooding the economy… just a guess though.

9 Likes

Also most likely with some bots too

1 Like

Just do the Atal’dazar shuffle, its an easy ~8k per hour.

Get 10 characters to max level (will be easy and quick when pre-patch hits), I prefer BM Hunters for speed. Run Hellfire Citadel on every mode including LFR on all of them each week.

Easy and guaranteed token each WEEK. Your normal gameplay will make up any extra gold you might need.

Do it with 3 characters if you only want 1 token each month.

2 Likes

They didn’t “break” anything

You just answered your own question. You want to blame someone for “breaking” something?

There you go.

1 Like

Meh. There are gold farmers who do not multibox and find small niches in zones yet undiscovered by multiboxers to obtain good resources in. It’s in no way exploitative if it is only taking some advantage of quick-spawning mob spots.

Not to say that the Drustvar area mentioned above was for sure among these, but to automatically assume that Blizzard is always fixing such stuff to combat multiboxers only is disingenuous.

I started то skinning the dinosaurs in Zuldazar and found that this method is not so boring because you fly around several places and so you feel the time much faster. Abaut the Helfire Citadel im still not tryed there.

Thing is you can not multi box skin its not multi tap like ore/herb .

One killing and one with the ranged skinning knife from legion that doesn’t need a target, there you go, multibox botting.

Sorry i did not think of that thank you i am so used to 5 and 10 groups.

1 Like

RIP Skinning spot. But hey, it won’t be useful for much longer anyway.

Thanks to the multiboxer bots it never was

Legacy loot is getting nerfed in Shadowlands. You’ll only receive loot you can actually equip.

Really? Why would they do that? The people farming legacy are the ones keeping the token economy going. Token sales are going to go way down if they don’t sell as quickly which means less $$$ for Blizz.

Farmers, as in solo players / groups formed through using the lfg tool / multiboxers farmed the possible locations during the first few months of bfa, as that was the time you got several mounts and boe epics every 15 mins + and decent amount of regular loot and skins. Those got quickly nerfed one by one and then that content got obsolete.

What you guys have been farming since then = noone serious or in the know care about, the amount you gain is just a drop in the bucket compared to other things.

Its sad to see people flok to try do these farms, in hopes of getting lots of gold. Let me tell you, its a drop compared to what the same mobs dropped before.

Regarding herbing:
thats always veeery profitable during the very few first weeks of a new exp: after that, its back to getting a drop in the bucket in comparison. And not worth it either gold vs time invested. Even if you multibox and herb with 10.

Those you see out there farming mobs, skinning and herbing are the people who “hope” they will strike it rich (you only get a drop in comparison) and who have no knowledge or will to earn gold using other methods. + there are the usual bots ofcourse getting some, those are always around.

Can you link an offical post on that as i havent noticed anything on PTR/beta

I have no idea whether there has been any statement, but the idea put a narsty suspicion in my head. Were they going to keep the 11-level rule as 11 levels, even though it should now be 5 or 6 after the squish?

So I did a couple of bosses in each of HM, ToES, BoT, and Naxx, representing 4 expacs.

I was on my copied Level 50 Mage. Bosses were noticeably slower to kill than on live. Not unreasonable, but definitely slower.

The bosses didn’t show as having levels - just the skull - but the levels of the elite trash showed as:

HM: 42
ToES: 36-37
BoT: 35-37
Naxx: 30-31

In all four raids, bosses dropped Personal Loot, just 0 or 1 items per boss, and all cloth, usable by a Mage.

It’s not necessarily going live like this, ofc; I can imagine this would be one of the last things the devs would look at.

If the devs ever want to face the wrath of the TRUE majority of players, monkeying with old raids drops would do it. It would make the crying of raiders look like a spilled cup beside a tsunami.

1 Like

Thats a recent and awful change if it happens then and thank you for your feed back .

All fast respawning mobs shouldn’t have a loot table tbh. These bots and MB’ers are abusing them all to great lengths.