Dual spec but not Dual spec

So after reading a lot about this topic, I have an ideea I would like to share.
I only do pve as I hate the whole ritual of respecing, but I would also like to participate in all aspects of the game.
Personaly wouldn’t have mind paying a one off 5k 10k whatever gold just to get it out of the way, but I see there are a lot of people stuck in the past version, and sure let’s respect that.

So here’s an alternative that might satisfy both sides of the argument.
Implement a saved spec at the trainer, where I go there pay the respec gold and poof everything changes to my saved spec. Why not have multiple saved specs. Just make it fast and convenient and keep to the “you need to go to the trainer to do it”

Thoughts?

1 Like

Make it a free respec after you buy it for the first time. But still if they give us that, they might as well give us dual spec.

The argument is, as i understand from the peeps against it, to have to go to the trainer. I say keep the pricing to whatever, just make it a 1 click change.

They won’t give it cause reasons. It is more important to some people to keep things unchanged for sake of keeping their stuff “original” so they feel safe than to somehow keep people playing different specs without having to spend eternity on grind :slight_smile:

Thanks god dual spec isn’t a thing here. I couldn’t focus on pressing Lightning Bolt during raid if I knew someone out there was switching their specs.

1 Like

The main argument of those who are against it is that it wasnt in original tbc. They cant point out anything else, why we shouldnt have it. I just dont get it If thats the problem, then why do we have things like lvl 58 boosts, which influences the early game in so many ways. This is not the original tbc, its close, but not the same.

1 Like

There is an addon called Talented where you configure your specs and press 1 button to apply the talents, and another addon GearQuipper that saves your gear sets and action bars.

You can literally do what you described already by downloading 2 addons

1 Like

It seems you don’t understand the argument.

The argument isn’t just “it wasn’t there”. The argument is that having it there will change the game in other ways.
As mentioned in other threads, dual spec gives the opportunity to equip each character in a raid with two specs. This reduces the difficulty significantly, because now you have the option to optimize your raid composition for individual encounters.
Examples:
Bossfights with lots of adds benefit from having a tank paladin. Other bossfights are a lot easer with more healers or more tanks in general. Others are immune to certain damage types. Bosses that can’t be blocked, dodged or parried are easer to tank with a druid (more HP) etc.
Adding Dual spec to the game would change the difficulty significantly from what it was. And we already have all the knowledge, so difficulty is pretty low already. No reason to make it even easier.

Second would be that another gold sink will be gone. And TBC doesn’t have many of those anyway. So adding dual spec will change the economy too, making it quite different from what it was back then. And here we are already way more efficient than back in the day. It’s worse already and shouldn’t be made even worse than that.

It’s not just “It wasn’t there back then”. It’s the changes that affect many more aspects of the game and therefore turning it into a whole different game than it was back than. Not just minor QoL.

I hope you understand better now what “it wasn’t in the original tbc” can actually mean.

That being said: I am for this change. It makes stuff easier with little to no potential of breaking something else. And there are Add-ons already that do this, as far as I know.

1 Like

I can say the same thing about mounts and boosts. Having a lvl boost ruined early game. You cant find many people lvling and doing dungeons, other then boosting services. Mounts use to be a big deal to get, like a lot of rep farms, boss grinds and so on. Is lvling part of the game not one of the big parts of it? Why is having boosts ok and dual spec not? Having a boost changes the game in so many ways as well.

Yes you can. And you should. As do I.

1 Like

And what makes you think that people who are against dual spec would be for the boost or the mount that you can buy(with reall money). Boosting services is more of a symptom of people being lazy and not wanting to really spend time to earn things sadly, and we cant magicaly change peoples drive to earn things themself. Earning your mount was never a big thing in tbc, it was a big thing in vanilla (even more so earning your epic mount) but having the gold for a normal mount in the last patch of tbc (seeing as we are basicly playing that but with things cut out) was never a big deal at all. And for the last part since when do 2 mistakes make something right? Having the payed boost is wrong so why would adding dual spec make it right?

I never said they were against or for it. My point was that when people say dual spec wasnt in original tbc, that this is not the original tbc, its not the same game.

Well we can have a different opinion on changes, thats part of the dialog. My opinion is that dual spec is a good change and since we already have changes, then why not add a few of the good ones, since we have them already. Still, even if they did not add any changes I would still be for dual spec, that was one of my favourite gameplay features from wotlk.

If you ask me about group finder i would say delete it in wotlk classic when it comes. Its an old game that most of us played when we were kids. Nostalgia can work even with a few changes, just as long as they dont pervert the core of the experience.

1 Like

Then I would say your phrasing was a bit odd atleast.

Here is a way that I know that people have justified the boost and the mount (I dont agree at all with this following statement but its just to bring some perspective into this disscusion).

“Those dont actually effect the gameplay at max level at all” (the only thing that seems to matter to some people)

The people who said things like that could theoreticaly be all for the boost and the mount on the store while still being against dual spec seeing as DS actually have a great effect on the gamplay in raids.

I totaly agree we can have diffrent opnions on changes and I also like DS in wrath atleast. The main reason why im against it in tbc is that the raids were never designed for people to be able to pull a healer or a tank from one fight and then add them in quickly and painlessly on the next (other than maybe druid tanks who put on cat gear but thats not really something most guilds actually did back in the day) the raids were designed so that on a lot of fights you were going to have atleast 1 tank to many or maybe 2 healers more than you need. With DS those fights would become way easier kind of like how fury/prot made everything in vanilla classic way to easy, those fights were designed around the idea that warriors would be deep prot and dps would be soft caped by the threat.

you are right about that and things like what OP asked for (1 or more saved specs at the trainer that even remembers how your bars were set up) would be a change that atleast for me wouldnt change how the game feels really while DS would for me change it and I (and atleast a few others) would feel like we have to use it in raids becouse it would be better for our guilds.

Still my final point is that it doesnt matter what our opinions are and why we post them here, since noone that really matters in the process reads them. Like i am yet to find a blue post on any of ds threads and theres at least one with 100 replies every month. So you could say we are just passing some time by having this discusion. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well that is true, they only really look on the us forums so here on the EU forums we could all just have a civilised debate and pass our time if people were willing to xD

You can save specs with the AddOn “Talented”.

You’re once again using examples of bad changes as an excuse to add more changes.

You’re basically validating the old “slippery slope” argument that people had about changes in Classic.

That extremely basic level of thinking is exactly why you’ll never win an argument.

Its supposed to be a replica as close to the original game as possible. That means, for the people that dont live in a black and white world, that changes we can be without shouldnt be in the game - and that even tho we got some changes (most of which were forced upon us not asked for) it shouldnt pave the way for more by default.

But you know, it’s a hard concept to grasp. Adding one thing means we can just add Demon Hunters aswell, right?

Technically, Demon Hunters would be more fitting for TBC than Dual Spec. Demon Hunters were a very early concept for TBC, but they were scrapped because Blizzard (supposedly) couldn’t find a way to balance them.

I guess I’ll do that. Cuz dual spec ain’t coming soon. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

You have addons that can literally do this for you, save talent setups and then after respecting you just hit “apply”.

Check out the addon called Talented

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.