Dual spec please

Dear Blizz,

I’m sure you’ve noticed the plethora of threads on this already.

Could we request DS in TBC please? I think it would be a great idea.

97 Likes

The barbie dress-up game called retail is that way. ===>

56 Likes

Takaminara so negative:(

Dualspec would be a great addition to TBC which by-the-way already is quite a relaxed expansion in terms of class-spec identity in comparison to Classic vanilla.

14 Likes

I want to be able to switch my gear without looting new tokens. I don’t like wasting my precious time on collecting extra tokens.

Let’s do that too, since we’re at it.

5 Likes

hells ye, l wanna spec boomkin twice for extra leetness

5 Likes

kekw, imagine wanting to respec for pve/pvp or going some weird @ss hybrid OMEGALUL

Well when they add wow token you will be able to buy tokens so don’t worry

Absolutely. It would make an already great game even better.

6 Likes

As would transmog.

8 Likes

As would barbershop, as would race change, as would pet battle, as would an in-game shop, as would achievements…

Lucky for you, a game with all these already exists !

Feel free to go for it :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Exactly, that game already exists.
Dual spec is a feature of wrath, it’ll come with wrath.

17 Likes

No, let tbc be tbc.

23 Likes

You can request anything, but the consensus of the forum community is that no one anywhere close to decision-making in Blizzard reads EU forums.

And I think it would not be a great idea.

Now, shall we /thread or shall we repeat same argument thousands of others gave long ago?

7 Likes

Have you giving it any thought what the negative aspects are for your suggestion?

The sense of immersion and the sense of Class and role identity is important. The fact that choices have consequences and the fact that you have real choices to make and how the consequences are that it affects how you interact with the game and how it affect the the social dynamics.

This is a big deal that would change the game in big ways and change how we interact with the game and other people in the game.

8 Likes

While it does make sense (to me) to have dual spec in TBC, mainly because of Arena, there is a giant underlying issue with it.
In TBC, re-speccing is one of the only major gold sinks in the game and we badly need gold sinks, to deflate the economy as much as possible.
Removing that gold sink, would (again, my oppinion) have a detrimental effect on the rest of the game and further screw over the economy.
Yes, the economy is already screwed, but theres no reason to give it an additional push.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind dualspec to much, but primarily to satisfy the PvP people. Hence in the light of #somechanges, i hope they would allow you to only switch to your duelspec if your in an arena or battleground (perhaps even automated swap to your pvp spec

3 Likes

You are perfectly able to raid with a pvp spec and the other way around.

3 Likes

Easy to say as a mage.

… meanwhile healers who want to grind gotta respec, or have several characters.

5 Likes

Correction.
You are able to half a** one activity while being properly specced for the other.
A PVE specced char will never get high rating in Arena’s and a PVP specced char will never be great in a raid.
So while it is possible, its not gonna get you very far.

3 Likes

it’s that “i suffered with bad game design so you have to as well” old codger mentality. no amount of logic will get those types to budge.

10 Likes