Dual Wield 1H for warriors in shadowlands!

I am so happy about this!
NEW: While dual-wielding a pair of one-handed weapons, your damage done is increased by 8% and your movement speed is increased by 5%.

Also for people that will still wield 2H weapons (mostly the description yeah as Gannet said)

two-handed weapons: Two-handed weapons deal more damage, and provide more Strength and Stamina, than one-handed weapons.

2 Likes

The 2H weapon is not a change, merely a description.

Never understood the enthusiasm for SMF but can’t complain since there will be less competition for weapons. it’s also a nice way to implement it, if you’re using 2H you’ll have more health but with 1H you move faster.

Yeah 2H remains the same pretty much just felt like copying what the wowhead post was saying :slight_smile:
I personally love having variety for different playstyle.

1 Like

Hmm, not sure I really follow. If 2H deals more damage, provides more strength and stamina, and all the 1h will do is boost your movement speed by 5% which you will barely notice, then what is the point? It seems like you’d really be gimping yourself.

1 Like

I trully never understood why people want this back. One will be better than the other and you will be judged on it, you can say you dont care bla bla bla but you will.
Just seems a meaningless adition, simply changing a few rules about transmog would solve this desire some players have.

3 Likes

2h isn’t being changed, the description is that 2h weapons have increased stats which is why wielding 1handers will give you a damage buff, to make up for the reduction in stats.

Not everyone plays for efficieny, some play for fun. I always preferred the feel and look of 1handers.

3 Likes

once there were some differences between 2x2h or 2x1h

for example 2x1h would need less hit/expertise, or having a stronger exe phase than titan’s grip, while 2x2h would give you more stamina/ stronger aoe

plus i always liked more SMF, as a playstyle and how it looks, playing as Belf looks more ‘‘elegant’’ while playing as orc sure looks better playing with titan s grip, but that are just my tastes

2 Likes

Incredible news. Looks like I’ll be sticking to warrior in SL after all.

Mechagnome Fury warrior in full heritage with dual wielded chainswords sounds pretty appealing…

2 Likes

Now , we can go back to fury.

2 Likes

read :point_down: :point_down: :point_down:

Anything else, Mr Smartarse?

1 Like

Again, transmog would solve your issue.

No, it wouldn’t.

Transmog would be an illusion and a bandaid fix.

Go dwarf or go home.

1 Like

:nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

Sorry, didn’t mean to vomit on your shoes.

Unless you mean Dark Iron? Then that’s legit.

Remove titangrip or making greater two hand weapons for arms

1 Like

Hate to break your bubble here but with modern WoW gameplay 1handers are going to “feel” identical to 2handers, since the speed of the weapon has absolutely zero effect on the gameplay. It’s down to abilities like Heroic Strike being taken off next hit and then being removed, the new number displays, the new sound effects and animations.

In the past Heroic strike, number display, sound effects and animations did allow 1handers to have a different gameplay feel to 2handers, that is no longer the same as they “feel” identical.

Transmog and availability of weapons is a bonus tho.

I hope they do it like they did in MoP. 2h scaled way better with gear while 1h did not really rely on gear. 1h was also more consistent than 2h, because 1h generated more rage. However, 2h was bursty and did a much better job than 1h in AoE.

So in SL terms it is likely that 1h will have more proc+enrage uptime, and 2h will most likely be the better execute dps because of the way execute currently works. Though in the grand scheme of things, I think they will be fairly balanced with their own strengths and weaknesses, unless you go for the Venthyr Condemn ability which will give 2h a massive edge over 1h.

I have the chainsaw blades on my mechagnome DK. For this guy I’m going full Gear Checker Cogstar look with 2x Gnomeregean Bonechoppers. :laughing:

How? Fury hits fast with 2x 2h’s too thanks to their spammy playstyle anyway, you couldn’t 100% tell the difference between the two.

Same results, different look. Perfection.

Well this is no longer the case sadly ever since they made weapon damage scaling redundant and just made attack power the mattering thing.