Dust Devils - (OLD THREAD: USE THE OTHER ONE!)

HELLO FRIENDS:

This is the old thread - see our new one here!

30 Likes

thank u Kaitlynn, very cool!

3 Likes

Sounds like a real hoot. Though I don’t plan on getting caught any time soon.

1 Like

looks cool, bit of an overreliance on ‘yer’ in the first paragraph though, to the point where it’s repetitive rather than interesting.

I like it a lot, hope this develops into a long-standing guild and best of luck with recruitment and events :+1::+1::+1:

5 Likes

Very cool! Good luck.

1 Like

Happy to hear the dust devils will be eating bullets in my stead.

Good luck with this project!

1 Like

Thank you all for the support friends! <3

Though at least if it doesnt work out, it’ll be a car crash for the ages!

(Also, advice taken on my over-reliance on "Yer"posting!)

Tune in soon for hopefully our very first event, “A town called Hell”, coming to a re-appropriated Pyrewood Village near YOU!

6 Likes

Great idea Joe! Best of luck with it!!! :+1:

Good luck!

Thank you again all for the support, it means a lot! =)

I’ve spent all weekend avoiding my adult responsibilities to move NPCS into position around Pyrewood village for the first event; so help me God, if the place phases them all out, I might just weep!

Hopefully running it tomorrow or Monday evening depending on numbers- if you’d like to watch me struggle, and maybe have some fun on the side(?!), please feel free to tag along and explore exactly what went wrong in a town called Hell! =D

1 Like

Ran into these nerds briefly this evening. Fun guys! They have a neat angle and I’m looking forward to seeing more of them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Best of luck! Lovely to see a criminal concept like this ready to brew and I hope I have the fortune to cross paths with your lot. Long live the scallywags and dust devils!

1 Like

Well! Thanks to the misadventures of our meddling miscreants, rogue warlock Amber McTavish’s diabolical plot to become the newest-old god in town was totally foiled!

Sure, we had to detonate the foundations of a town called Hell and send it tumbling back down to meet its namesake to do it, but one day somebody might be able to sell the resulting crater off for real-estate development, right?!

R-right?

Still, the day was saved, and everything returned to normal! Unless you account for all those people who’ve been seeing double in Orgrimmar recently. I mean, we could have sworn that forsaken executor just entered the barracks; so how on earth can he be skulking about the embassy at the other side of town?!

You’ll just have to tune in next time to find out; or better yet, poke me in game for some free role play!

4 Likes

Good luck with this!

2 Likes

Thanks Acrona - I’m sure I’ll need it! =D

On the subject of seeing double though; one of our members had a bit of an out of body experience whilst wandering the wilds of Durotar - taken upon the roads and forced to engage in battle with that most spiritual of adversaries…

Himself.

No really. That isn’t a metaphor. He literally ambushed himself in the Crossroads, and fought himself to the death. Or rather, fought an exact replica of himself. Fortunately though, he survived! We think.

One of them certainly came out of there alive.

We can’t tell which one.

Concern is increasing that there may be a spy in our midst.

We did get a name from SOMEBODY though; “The Velvet Glove Society”.

A fancy gentleman’s club - or something a little more sinister?

Tread carefully folks; just in case the you who sets out on that dark road isn’t the you who comes back! I mean they say new year new me, but this is ridiculous.

Thanks for the npc you brought to the wetlands during camp rp. It was nice of you to entertain us with Eddy’s clone!

2 Likes

Why my friends; there was the promise of fresh meat, fresh starts, even a fresh trim - the villainous Mr Creedy certainly talked the downtrodden forsaken refugees of Orgrimmar into going to the barbers’ for a little bit off the top! Alas, they were about to get a lot more cut off than they bargained for!

The doors slammed shut; the auto-barber roared to life; mechanical tendrils ridden with all manner of slicing and dicing equipment burst from the walls! Heads rolled, blood splattered, but fortunately, Itsu of the Dust Devils was eventually on hand to cancel the appointment! He couldn’t save all the forsaken, but he did manage to give Mr Creedy a long overdue taste of his own medicine, and a bit of a trim of his own!

Still though, we did manage to uncover a connection - the Velvet Glove had been herding Orgrimmar’s most vulnerable into their vicous auto-barber, and transforming them into sinister body-doubles of Azeroth’s most famous! The question now is how many more of these chop-shops are still in operation; and just how many body doubles the Velvet have already been able to produce…

Stay tuned friends; and stay frosty - you never know who’s who!

1 Like

Best of luck with the guild. You’ve brought a lot of fun encounters to me and us in the Valley of Honor! Always keeping us on the tip of our toes.

3 Likes

Now this is both rootin’ and tootin’ :cowboy_hat_face::smoking:

2 Likes