[Dwarf-RP] The Three Hammers

On that note Aradrihm, it's to enforce the laws in Ironforge and Khaz Modan, we do however support having warlocks in our Auxiliary, but we simply can't have them summon a demon and act as if we're okay with it whilst it goes against our laws and moral.

I'm a bit confused now. Since Warlocks use fel (and/or shadow) magics all the time, not just to summon demons, I figured that they are just outright banned from joining the guild.

So the final stance would be "you can join, but don't summon demons"?
01/08/2018 22:53Posted by Gemir
Magic
We are fairly strict when it comes to magic as we believe it often can get quite out of hand what a character can do. For one we do not allow any kind of shadow, fel or void, the archetypal evil magic.

02/08/2018 13:52Posted by Gemir
I suppose it's a warning that if you want to play a mage you shouldn't expect to be allowed to go complete ham, and instead use moderation.

So for clarification, would you guys call yourselves a low fantasy guild? Opting for a more "Realistic" approach to role play and combat rather than the more fantastical style with things like shadowstepping rogues and thunder stomping warriors?
1 Like
Well, well, well the Three hammers are back. Well i guess i should wish you luck.
02/08/2018 14:42Posted by Aradrihm
I'm a bit confused now. Since Warlocks use fel (and/or shadow) magics all the time, not just to summon demons, I figured that they are just outright banned from joining the guild.

I believe what Goifur said is that at least in public you would have to be more of a mage. Warlocks don't only make use of fel-magic. It may be true that these days warlocks and such are tolerated because they do have a use, especially in these constant wars, but we've opted to discriminate from an IC point of view. Now if you are a good diplomat you may try to convince our characters otherwise, In-Character, that is.

02/08/2018 15:48Posted by Felicityfel
So for clarification, would you guys call yourselves a low fantasy guild? Opting for a more "Realistic" approach to role play and combat rather than the more fantastical style with things like shadowstepping rogues and thunder stomping warriors?

I wouldn't say that we are a low fantasy guild, no. Some might think so, if they prefer the very fantastical. To me a lot of the non-magical classes' spells are more of a mechanical thing. But at the end of the day anyone can do anything aslong as it's done well. In my mind great magic requires great preparation, not something cast on the fly. I do, however, advice moderation.

02/08/2018 16:28Posted by Brochtree
Well, well, well the Three hammers are back. Well i guess i should wish you luck.

You guess? I thank thee.
In addition to our view on warlocks and why we're strict on the usage on magic.

OOC]
Below are the Laws of Khaz Modan, as used by The Three Hammers guild and its law enforcement. Any member of the guild automatically acknowledges those laws upon his or her joining, as we abide by those laws In-Character. If you feel that some laws are outdated and need changing, do not hesitate to post an updated suggestion as reply to this thread.

Living in Khaz Modan can be at some times dangerous and uneasy, therefore the Dwarven policymakers wrote down various laws in order to protect the good citizens of Khaz Modan and preserve their honour. Foreigners can easily get in trouble with local authorities, if they are not familiar with the dwarven laws as dwarven law keepers are ever vigilant for those who dare to break the Law of Khaz Modan!

╬══════════╬╬╬╬══════════╬

Capital offence act
1. High Treason against the Crown – Regicide, Assault or forcible removal of the Council and Emperor from their just and rightful rule by a citizen of the Khaz Modan or by a visitor of the realm.
2. Treason - Undermining the hiearchy, administration and society of Khaz'Modan
3. Sedition against the Crown – By word or action against the Crown. Inciting civil unrest, riots or rebellions against the Crown.

Offences against the person Act
1. Murder – The attempt of, aid in or carrying out of an act of murder against a citizen/s within the Khaz Modan.
2. Manslaughter – The murder of a citizen/s within the Khaz Modan where it could have been avoided with due care.
3. Assault – The attempt of, aid in or carrying out of a violent assault against a citizen/s within the Khaz Modan.
4. Theft – The attempt of, aid in or carrying out of theft of goods or money from a citizen/s within the Khaz Modan.
5. Kidnapping – The attempt of, aid in, or carrying out of the act of kidnapping a citizen/s within the Khaz Modan. Also to include unlawful arrest or holding of a citizen/s.

Offences against Property Act
1. Burglary – The attempt of, aid in or theft of goods or money from a citizen’s property within the Khaz Modan.
2. Arson – The attempt of, aid in, or act of arson against property within the Khaz Modan.
3. Grand Theft Ale - The attempt of, aid in or act of theft where the item taken is any form of alcohol

Sexual Offences against the Peron Act
1. Lust Crimes – The attempt of or carrying out of the act of forcing oneself on another within the Khaz Modan.
2. Sexual Harassment – The attempt to or carrying out of an act seduction, grope, drug, or kidnapping for means of the sexual nature.
3. Prostitution – The working as or employment of prostitutes within the Khaz Modan.

("Sexual Harassment" is AGAINST THE LAW SET FORTH BY BLIZZARD. This is purely on an RP basis, by which both parties ooc agree to role-playing this to happen. If then the "offended" wishes to RP a complaint, this is fine. THIS IS NOT CONDONING ANY VIOLATION OF TERMS SET BY BLIZZARD. A real complaint of harassment must be sent to a GM)

Terrorism, Espionage, and Corruption Act
1. Terrorism – The attempt of, aid in, or carrying out of an act of Terrorism, in order to spread civil unrest, fear or to undermine the Crown.
2. Espionage – The act of spying, disclosing information or of harbouring spies from foreign nations within the Alliance, Horde, Burning Legion or Scourge.
3. Blackmail – The attempt to, aid in, or carrying out of Blackmail for personal, public or national gain within the Khaz Modan.
4. Bribery – The attempting to, aid in, offering and accepting of bribes for personal, public or national gain within the Khaz Modan.

The clan act
1.a. The clanless and other outcasts of dwarven society are protected by the Law of Khaz Modan as any other citizen of the Khaz Modan.
1.b. The clanless are forbidden from employment in administrative positions throughout the realm
2. Blood feuds. The clans of Khaz'Modan are forbidden from engaging in blood feudes against one another. Should the honour of a clan be offended to such a regard that the spilling of blood is neccesary, the offended clan is to contact the court immediatly. The involved clans may then select champions of their cause to battle on behalf of their clan before the Judge to the first drop of blood.

The act of justice
1.a. Any citzen of or visitor to the Khaz Modan, may have crimes committed against them tried in a court of law presided by one of the Council's judges.
1.b. Any citzen of or visitor to the Khaz Modan may, if they so chose, petition one of the Council's judges to have the offence committed against them tried by merit of combat. The offended and the offender may, under the watchful eye of one of the Council's judges, engage in combat to the first drop of blood to solve their differences.
1.c. A citzen of or visitor to the Khaz Modan may not petition to be tried by combat after the resolution of a trial. They may have their case tried by combat or by trial but not both.
1.d. No citzen of or visitor to the Khaz Modan may take the process of justice in their own hands, the duty may only be granted by the Council, or by their Senators or by their judges.

Rights
1. All citzens of and vistors to the Khaz Modan have the right to bear arms and armour
2. All use of explosives within the city of Ironforge is limited to the Tinker Town.
3. All visitors and residents of Khaz'modan has the right of Freedom of Speech. Laws against sedition still apply and clans may invoke their right of defedning their honour through the clan act clause 2.

3. Arcane and shadow magic
3.a. A Citizen of Khaz'Modan may learn, practise or teach the use of Arcane magic
3.a.a. Gnomes and humans are allowed to practise the arcane in the lands
3.a.b. All users of the arcane both gnomes and visitors of the realm of Khaz Modan may only use destructive magics in self defence
3.b. The practise of fel magic within the lands of Khaz'Modan is legal, as long as the following rules are followed by the practiser:
- The practiser is obligated to notify the local law enforcement officers of the location, intention and any other relevant details of the spell(s) being cast. Law enforcement reserve the right to deny permission if they consider the nature of the spell(s) to pose a threat.
- The summoning of demons is strictly forbidden in the public places and populated areas (Read towns) of Khaz Modan, including the City of Ironforge.
3.c. The practice of Necromancy is strictly forbidden within the lands of Khaz'Modan. Including, but not limited to: the reanimation of the dead, the summoning of the undead, summoning of necromantic artfacts, summoning of deathchargers, summoning of death gates, offensive spells, defensive spells, rituals
3.d. The practise of Shadow magic is strictly forbidden within the lands of Khaz'modan. Including, but not limited to: Shadowform, offensive spells, defensive spells, rituals, ceremonies
3.e. No items of fel, necromantic or shadow origins may be brought into the realm of the Khaz Modan, all such items will be considered illegal property. Including, but not limited to: demonic stones, infernal figurines, runeblades
3.f. Failure to obey these laws may will be severly punished. Including but not limited to: imprisonment, fines, death

Religions
The Kingdom of Khaz'Modan tolerates the following religions
1. The Light
2. Ancestral veneration
3. The teachings of the titans
4. The teachings of Elune
5. Shamanism
6. Druidism

The Kingdom of Khaz'Modan strictly forbids the following religions
1. Cult of the damned
2. Cult of the Thuzadin
3. Cults affiliated with the burning legions, including: warlock covens
4. The cult of the forgotten shadow / The cult of shadow
5. The cult of Twilight's hammer
6. Elemental worship
7. Old god worship
8. Ragnarytism

These are simply laws that make common sense since the mentioned schools of magi are mostly used with dark or criminal intent which our law enforcement seek to eliminate as we build up and promote the Role play in Ironforge.
02/08/2018 20:40Posted by Goifur
3.d. The practise of Shadow magic is strictly forbidden within the lands of Khaz'modan. Including, but not limited to: Shadowform, offensive spells, defensive spells, rituals, ceremonies

This I feel is the only piece I'd personally consider outdated considering the Dark Irons and Moira have a presence now in Ironforge and they are very much active practitioners of Shadow magic.

I would suggest tossing shadow magic in the same category as fel magic in that it can only be used in self defence unless otherwise stated to be used for the good of the realm.
02/08/2018 20:53Posted by Felicityfel
I would suggest tossing shadow magic in the same category as fel magic in that it can only be used in self defence unless otherwise stated to be used for the good of the realm.

Good of you to notice! We'll certainly need to adapt that. Doesn't make much sense to completely ban shadow magic if fel is allowed.
1 Like
Hear ye, hear ye!

Brave mountaineers are fighting with the Horde forces in Lordaeron! Are ye dwarf? Can ye pick up axe or a gun? Enlist yerself and become a Mountaineer! Life in wild and mud guaranteed.

Boys in green are back and Bronzebrew is with them. (Not as Khazmar this time, yet Dralmar is doing fine too).
Hey, it'll be nice to see Ironforge brimming with activity again - good luck with that!

I have a few issues with the "laws" that you outline however and I suggest the entire thing might be revised to avoid enforcing a "server lore" that is inaccurate and baseless. Having a broad kind of set of laws sounds cool and all, but some of it might need some source material to back up such ballsy claims.

For instance:

3.b. The practise of fel magic within the lands of Khaz'Modan is legal, as long as the following rules are followed by the practiser:
- The practiser is obligated to notify the local law enforcement officers of the location, intention and any other relevant details of the spell(s) being cast. Law enforcement reserve the right to deny permission if they consider the nature of the spell(s) to pose a threat.
- The summoning of demons is strictly forbidden in the public places and populated areas (Read towns) of Khaz Modan, including the City of Ironforge.

Is it? Where does it state that warlocks are required to notify of their locations, intentions and spells being cast? Warlocks in-game, mechanic-wise, perform their warlock-duties just fine - the demon summoning quests of old had no requirement or quest in their storyline to inform the authorities of what they're doing, and nor is it indicated any of this breaches legal status.

3.e. No items of fel, necromantic or shadow origins may be brought into the realm of the Khaz Modan, all such items will be considered illegal property. Including, but not limited to: demonic stones, infernal figurines, runeblades
3.f. Failure to obey these laws may will be severly punished. Including but not limited to: imprisonment, fines, death

These too are problematic and false; death knights, as far as I can tell, and their runeblades are able to enter the city and not be swarmed by guards or imprisoned, fined, or killed. Shadowpriests don't seem to be ostracised or punished for their spells - they're trained, even! Moira's a shadowpriest!

Khaz'modan

No apostrophe needed - Khaz Modan is correct.

I don't want to appear like I'm coming across too harsh, it's just the enforcement of laws can become a really tricky situation in roleplay and extremely disruptive when done badly. Maybe stick to the standard objective crimes if there's uncertainty, and allow players to deal with it instead of suggesting a blanket form of laws.

Hope to see your characters about either way!
Thank you kindly for your point of view and I'm happy to inform you that indeed, these laws are horrible outdated, they were written in Wrath of the Lich King hense there are numerous laws we've been going through the past week to keep the not only updated with Lore, that of the tolerance for not only warlocks but also shadow magic as a whole due to Moira and the Dark Irons.

We will therefor make a new post in the near future after addressing numerous guilds and the active community who role play especially in Khaz Modan to make laws that offer not only the thrill of being a criminal if that's sought for, but also involve Warlocks and Shadow priests a lot better with the blessed Dark Iron community!
I, for one, welcome our dwarven overlords.
04/08/2018 17:52Posted by Goifur
We will therefor make a new post in the near future after addressing numerous guilds and the active community who role play especially in Khaz Modan to make laws that offer not only the thrill of being a criminal if that's sought for, but also involve Warlocks and Shadow priests a lot better with the blessed Dark Iron community!

Awesome, best of luck!
04/08/2018 17:52Posted by Goifur
Thank you kindly for your point of view and I'm happy to inform you that indeed, these laws are horrible outdated, they were written in Wrath of the Lich King hense there are numerous laws we've been going through the past week to keep the not only updated with Lore, that of the tolerance for not only warlocks but also shadow magic as a whole due to Moira and the Dark Irons.

I like this. Don't be like the dwarfs of another franchise. Embrace change, let warlocks, shadow priests and death knights roam free. Don't try and establish dumb headcanon as a set of laws when it has no viability whatsoever.
04/08/2018 17:55Posted by Ukotizz
I, for one, welcome our dwarven overlords.

Can't wait until we bring back Gnomeregan to finally be YOUR guests!

I like this. Don't be like the dwarfs of another franchise. Embrace change, let warlocks, shadow priests and death knights roam free. Don't try and establish dumb headcanon as a set of laws when it has no viability whatsoever.

By all means, we aim to please and to forward and promote Dwarf Role play as much as be a positive addition to the current!
We also promote the growth of long, beautiful beards and a healthy diet consisting of various ales. *nod*
Just a wild Bharun Rustbeard poking his head in here.. If any of my old Guildies remember that name. Glad to see that you're back on AD, you can never have enough Dwarf RP.
Soooo did Cid finally decide to leave DB, or he still insistent on staying back there?
04/08/2018 23:48Posted by Seldris
Soooo did Cid finally decide to leave DB, or he still insistent on staying back there?

Unfortunately, Cid is no longer associated with The Three Hammers and has parted ways with our dwarven brethren years ago. Thus, I think he still remains on DBH.
We are back in force to steal your dwarves!

https://i.imgur.com/gQlHRqB.jpg

Also stealing the spotlight at the Cathedral. And why do my blinking eyes look like chasms?