Earthen Wall totem, useless or poggers? [PVP]

As the title say, I’m clueless about it. Lots of shamans swear by it, but I don’t see how a 500 absorb is going to save anything…

Most of the times the tanks run out of it, so i use it more on ranged dps and then it has benefit immo

in arena they say it’s a must. In PVE you can play with ancestral vigor, if no other shamans plays it

If you play in random group with no DS use ancestral vigor for HP buff
but if you are playin in organized group on DC you can say to them that you are puting down totem and its fine
The totem is not bad at all
i dont do it in PUGs cause people doesn’t even know what i just did and they think its something bad
sometimes they run out of my healing rain during pride and that is not fun at all :smiley:

Actually I mostly pvp. I’ll add it to the OP

Well it absorbs just over 500 damage form EVERY attack on all within its range. For example if on orbs temple map and your team stack mid with orbs and enemy push.

Drop it on everyone and will absorb all the dots / aoe as each of them is usually individually less than 500 dmg. Across 10 people that’s an immediate 5k soak in a second. Assuming it lasts it’s full duration with everyone inside (if you have barrier up or AMZ) people will stay in it.

If you have a hunter or pets constantly chunking away at you. Drop it on yourself to negate their damage severely.

It’s a short CD and used regularly in a BG on a team fight you’ll notice it absorbs significant amounts of damage. Damage you don’t need to heal. Sometimes a few % mana wins a team fight if it’s even matched fights.

I’ll drop it on top of Spirit link during big fights as I KNOW my team go into SLT so they benefit from both.

It really does need a better visual to show it’s range as it is currently non existent. Use it early and often - it’s a fire and forget team fight totem.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll start using it :slight_smile:

It’s a great button - just more awkward to maximize due to positioning (compared to Vigor, which has no positional concerns whatsoever). Given a lot of M+ affixes, raid-mechanics and PvP situations involve people moving out of totems, Vigor is the safer bet.

For example: PvE wise, think of it like auto-attacks. Let’s assume your tank and a few melee are engaging a pack or two of AA-happy mobs. Every hit the mobs land against your team (inside the totem) will have X damage shaved off, leading to quite a lot of reduced damage for the duration. It’s more effective against low-damage intake compared to, say, high-damage burst mechanics, so things like dot ticks, weak autos, pets/minion damage, static bosses with frequent auto-attacks, etc, but that 40k burst-mechanic slobberknocker is going to chunk you no matter what.

On its best uses is against DoTs. It negates them massively. At 220 ilvl it absorbs 520 dmg. It counts each dot as a separate attack ( as it should) so of a dot ticks for 500. It does 0 dmg. So if every member of the team has 4-5 dots all ticking 500 or so.

Well. It will absorb its full health very quickly and save you 40k healing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.