Earthquake simple redesign

I’ll throw it there simply and concise:

Option 1: keep the current total damage of the spell but condense the damage in 1-2 seconds, so more like a “fracture” then an earthquake for those of you that mind about “fantasy” too.

The effect on gameplay of this first option should be of making the use of it easier and more reliable in every scenario.

Option 2: again, same damage but make it a targeted spell so that the affected target have the earthquake attached to his feet and keep the same duration. Similar to the Thorgast power where quake is attached to your elemental.

Like the first one the effect of this should an even easier and immediate use of the spell and make it not useless in kiting scenario.

Bonus option 3: simply rework the legendary power for earthquake. The concept of it is so bad and annoying, pooling resource for a single target spell then pool resource again for aoe spell, come on seriously?

I’m personally kinda liking the primordial wave interaction with lava burst, when wave reset and you start spam aoe lava burst it feels so satisfying. When using earthquake it’s just “meh” right now.
Centering the elemental aoe around the use of lava burst, getting rid of earthquake altogheter could also be a fun iteration to experiment with.

What do you think?

All the people is blaming the spec it doesnt have enough aoe dps and the big build up to start doint it.

It depends, what is more difficult for devs to do.
Just buffing earthquake or the other options you said.
You can do several things to change it
1 Shaman has mana and make Earthquake like mage Blizzard.
2 Buff earthquake.
3 Make it dot like but with the same effects.
4 Cost less Maestron.
5 Earthquake put Flame shock to all targets making more use of lava burst therefore increasing dps. Talent tree ability.
6 Make some adjustments to some talents to provide more aoe.
Etc
Earthquake works with Master of the Elements cause you have to empower it all the time wasting GCD losing time and dps, make talents in that row offer other interesting choices?

Master of the Elements in my opinion is a more st talent choice, anyone uses Liquid Magma Totem or Storm Elemental? Make that row meaningful.

Probably all my options might need to change other borrowed powers from Torghast, conduits etc making these changes more difficult to do. So probably buffing it could have more sense

I forgot to say other option, make earthquake mastery proc ability, making it have a chance to overload a second time for 80%power.

Earthquake right now feels so useless in mythic+ with the kiting meta and especially in fortified+sanguine weeks your aoe build is a total waste, you lose so much damage from kiting. Right now I just run single target build every week with windspeaker’s legendary to just bring value in prides and bosses. Even with the aoe buffs earthquake will still be irrelevant due to it’s design, the spell needs a complete rework. However Im hyped about the chain lightning buffs, using Skybreaker’s fiery demise legendary + Storm elemental + our standard call of flame conduit will be pretty op. I predict that this will be our go to aoe build for fortified weeks in m+ when 9.0.5 goes live and we will finally be able to use a proper aoe legendary

Just change the EQ to work like flamestrike, 80% dmg as initial and 20% on the ground dot effect

2 Likes

EQ can only be viable if it continues to deal damage when mobs are pulled out from the initial landing zone.

It would be great if EQ applies a stackable DoT on the mobs for example name “Shaking Foundations” this continously damages mobs as if they were in the EQ zone and also the ones who really in the zone gets knockdown like the original.

I’m a prot warrior main, who also play shaman and we have to kite. This is the wrost of tanking and tanking balance ever been.

Just change it from maelstorm spender to CD-based spell

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.