Easiest ranged healer to play + also do outside world content on (in its healer spec)?

As title said:

Im very eeger to start over, but i only want to put my time on seriously learning one specc. It has to be a ranged healer (for M+ & raids) and that healer specc also must be decently at doing outside content: levelling, world quests, killing random mobs (f.ex around the Zereth Mortis zone, etc).

Does this class (and specc) exist?

/Cheers

If I am understanding right you are requesting a healer that will have no issues in open world stuff as a healer, instead of respeccing to a dps spec for that?
And a ranged healer at that?

That’ll count out a Holy Paladin and a MW Monk whom are known for some great damage output. So we’re possibly looking at resto druid with a moonkin affinity, disc or holy priest whom I have no knowledge of or a resto shaman who is a tad slowish iirc if they gotta solo something.

I recommend doing solo activities in dps spec.
Monk or Paladin do not have ranged spec even as a dps so sadly they still put aside.
Shadow Priest is absolutely able to hold their own and so is Balance Druid & Elemental Shaman.

1 Like

Thank you!

I had looked at this question, and really didn’t know how to reply, especially since I don’t play a healer.

Disc Priest used to be possible a couple of expansions ago, and Mistweaver Monk, but both have lost offensive capability since, AFAIK. Occasionally, Holy Shock becomes viable for Paladin. But …

Yeah, I agree, Every healer certainly has a very capable DPS spec you can use for questing, but questing in healer spec isn’t gonna be a lotta fun.

It sounds like i could give holy paladin a go, even though its not a ranged healer. Il try it out by making a toon and try mess around the zerith mortis zone (going to buy cheap ilvl 229ish gear from the AH first).

Im not really that fuzzed if the dps isnt “stellar”, but then again i want to be able to kill regular mobs and quest, without getting roflstomped by those mobs. I might need help from others to kill high hp rare mobs, but thats ok by me.

Btw i like the look of that new talentsystem for next exp: that you can save up to 10 loadouts: one would be for “max damage and aoe damage while questing and such”, one for raids, one for M+.

Cheers for the feedback so far.

Edit: not gonna play holy paladin afterall… tried it… went back to my bm hunter… scrapped my healer plans for the time being… hope they make holy paladins ranged caster again for Dragonflight.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.