Easy Deep Freeze fix for lazy devs in Dragon Flight

• Deep Freeze
  • Level 66 [Frost mage ability]
  • 35 yd range
  • 2% of base mana
  • 30 sec cooldown
  • Instant
  • Stuns the target for 5 sec. Only usable on Frozen targets. Damage caused by Ice Lance and flurry will reduce the effect by 1 second per hit.
  • When deep freeze ends the target loses 2.5% of it’s current health per second over 3 seconds.

Just make it a PvP talent - easy. It should be Frost only as a way to secure Poly like DB for Fire and Mass Invis for Arcane.

Making Meteor or DB an overall Mage talent doesn’t make a sense. None of these spells were ever available for all specs and Meteor on Frost and Arcane does absolutely nothing.

Just to make every spec different and add flavour to them just give each unique way to secure Poly. Deep Freeze will also open new comp options for Frost outside of RMP. We want Mages to play with other specs too.

We remember !

Warrior Mage RestoDruid
Feral Mage DiscPriest
Mage Lock RestoShaman
Mage Shadowpriest RestoDruid

just to name a few, this was way back when mages were a functional class in and of itself with autonomy and offensive CC.

I liked the end of Wrath/early Cataclysm one the best, where it was a stun for PvP and a FoF spender for PvE dealing crazy damage against un-stunnable targets.

It should probably only last 4 seconds though, a 5 second stun on a 30 second CD seems excessive.

It’s insane, every time they talk about Mage buffs or improved talents, people are always saying we’re broken OP, but we pretty much rely on Rogues in arenas for us to be able to do anything.

There’s a Wowhead article up atm, that talks about a possible datamined MS effect for Mages and the comments are all ‘‘oh great, they’re making Mages even more overpowered’’. It’s just utter bunk.

Perhaps we could get some decent CCs and Rogues could lose some of their absurd toolkit, so we’re not so broken together and we can pair with other classes.

1 Like

Insignificant change that will not address the core problem : mage not being a functional pure caster dps on its own.

I agree

1 Like

I’d like the following talent over a stun: Frozen Targets receive a 20% haste reduction, and reduced movement speed. Then, also an active, that lets us root frozen targers in place from a distance.

Or even cooler: Let us use Iceblock on an enemy player, but it only lasts 4 seconds

Ele/Frost/Disc from Wrath → MoP

But uh, freeze effects quite literally are roots. Makes no sense that you would slow a rooted target or apply another root to it.

To get back on-topic, though… I do wish that mages were given the ability to function on their own in PvP again. I never liked playing with rogues. Likely never will. Fire+healer in 2v2s does not even seem like a viable option anymore.

If they want to make Frostbolt better it has to proc something everytime its been succesfully cast. Imho. Icicles feel weak.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.