Easy Fix Aff

I don’t know contact me and i will come to your office and work on the class design and do it myself?

Since dots are not doing any damge as MR named abomination was introduced, we could say atleast put a purpose to it and make it add +5 seconds to all active dots on all targets AS BASE. I don’t even understand how does Seed and MR exist at the same time in this spec.

We put up dots to initiate the combat and since they do almost no damage at all there is no more need to renew them really that play is dead as they fade off too quick and do no damage it is so pointless how this spec is designed.

• Either make dots meaningful damage and worth time and effort to try to keep them up on all targets all the time and remove MR because we dont get the time to cast it from renewing things anyway…
  • Or keep the dot play as it is and make MR add time on active dots.

I am speaking from m+ perspective.

4 Likes

affliction is very good atm, a lot of meaningful dots, a lot of enhancing the damage and a lot of filler abilities to not just reapply dots and press drain . aff playstyle is nice

especially in m+

thanks for the good laugh.

if they made dots deal more damage they need to add the pvp talent “Rapid contagion” into the spec to make them even stronger.
Perhaps also add “rampant affliction” also so you can have it up to 2 more targets, only negetiv is that you would need to cast it 3 times.

I’d love Rapid Contagion as a PvE spell!

the same goes for pvp
dots do 15k dps per target at maximum meanwhile some arms warrior or ret does 70k single target

Ok 15k per tick for 24 seconds, every 3 seconds. This adds up to 120k in 24 seconds. If you would buff them this would be ridiculous. And that was Corruption the weakest dot. Agony and UA are ever stronger.

thats all dots summarized
corruption ticks do 6k (1% hp)
like as i said dude u have no clue about aff pvp at high ratings please dont bother texting about this topic

and with seeing u commenting on corruption doing 15k ticks i assume u dont pvp at all outside bgs
though even there its more like 7k on the 0% vers target

and btw dots tick every 2 + reduced by haste since mop, so more like 1.4 nowadays

With haunt and dread touch it is possible one single dot like Corruption Ticks for 15k.

I’m mostly doing 2s with a shadow priest so i know arena. Just because I’m not 2400+ doesn’t mean i don’t know anything.

If your dots to low, maybe it is a you problem. My damage is very high even against priest

its not
it does 9.5k with haunt+dread touch if ur opponents dont have 0 verse beside letting u cast all that with no dot extension from darkglare

first - 2s is a meme bracket
second - yes, u dont know anything if u’re not 2400+ at least in shuffle
try playing haunt/dread touch build in 3s and u will be surprised even while playing human with 42% haste lol

I’m playing this spec in solo shuffle, and i still can cast. I know it is really hard.

I wouldn’t count solo shuffle as representative, I’m only looking at 2s and 3s. Shuffle is only to get transmog.

because u’re playing vs literal apes
im sorry but 1900 shuffle players arent even considered human in terms of gameplay knowledge
get higher and u will see what im talking about

Harsh words, i wouldn’t say it like this. Because some of those players are maybe 2400+ players on their way up.

not really, these usually play at 1850(the starting mmr) and jump unto 2150 by doing 6-0

I dont understand, did you even play affli to make these false assumptions?
Your dots tick dirty damage, your malefic rapture is a filler and burst, depending on the 8 sec duration window and the uptime of cd dots.

Your highest damage comes from MR, Agony and IA.

Affli is better then ever

applying the dots themselves is already terrible gameplay, especially with siphon life.
vile taint should be 20s cd max and should apply all 3 dots if talented. bad enough to apply seed, haunt and ua already.
this gameplay only works if your targets stay alive like 1min which doesnt even happen in high keys.

1 Like

ahhhh shut up

2 Likes

well this is the affliction gameplay… otherwise it wouldnt be different from shadowpriest with its aoe to apply dots.

people like me like to refresh dots, even though i would love to have 5 seconds more dot duration to have a stronger 2-3 target damage without using darkglare

u dont need much time to apply the necessary dots in DF iteration.

they should just make some talent choices different. not a ST vs AoE situation but more e.g. a ST improvement with dots or ST with MR to change the playstyle instead of the damage focus.

Right now u have to talent siphon life, like for the last 6 years.
You also have to talent the left tree and the most deciding factor for aoe vs st is the left bottom talent.

Seed of corruption does too much damage compared to MR. Even 2 Target situation is often better to seed of corruption because even with all dots up, the dps for MR is higher due to its lower cast time, but due to the soul shortage u wont come on top to SoC

if u have vile taint apply the dots so you dont have to redot, then u dont play affli warlock anymore and u can also just reduce the 3 dots to 1 dot and let MR scale for 1 dot… think

no matter, aff play is still very outdated and super finger breaker and ineffective. Do not look at the numbers, that is not even the issue people mention. The problem is you have constant stress of managing the basics of your rotation non stop. Even when you do your best which is around %250 more than any other specs in the game you still fall behind and the effort is crazy. There is no fun in it. Specially if you care and try your best it is impossible to play the spec. All i mention is in m+ situation the pvp also has its problems and raids too but in dungeons the spec is unperformable (with the all ideas behind the spec’s design it is not possible to perform it).

Dots are doing like 70% of the total damage for affliction, that’s not “dots don’t do anything”

Malefic rapture is fine i do agree that rapture should extend your dot’s duration though.

They just need to go back to s4 shadowlands for warlock and start from there.

Because warlock in dragonflight has been hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

I don’t know wtf the lock dev is thinking. Probably not much considering the results.