Ebon Hold guards aggressive

So I’m a DK, and I’m obviously friendly with Ebon Blade. But half the time when I deathgate there, the guards are red, and they all kill me, but as soon as I’m dead, they turn green again. This is an obvious bug but I don’t see it reported anywhere or anything being done about it!

1 Like

If it’s not being reported anywhere then how could anything be done about it?

The forum is not the place to report bugs so that does not mean it has not been reported. You can also report the bug yourself here:

I’m not jumping through 20 loops to report a bug. Bug reports get ignored.

What loops, you open the support in game, click report bug, type a description of the bug (as you did here) and press submit? - done.

You complain about nothing beng done about the bug, but are unwilling to report it and then still expect it to be fixed? :person_facepalming:

If you are not willing to report it as a bug ingame then it won’t get fixed.

What quests are in your log?

1 Like

No quests related to DK class. So I have no idea why its happening. I’ve also seen guards lurch at other DK’s as they port in but the guard resets.

Just another DK die to guards. so its not just me. Maybe its the realm.

There doesn’t seem to be any known issue with Ebon Hold at the moment, and checking your DK in game, I didn’t see any guard being hostile (nor did any player get attacked by them).

If you know when / how this could’ve happen, please do feel free to report a bug in game. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can repeat this happening, just send me a message when I’m online and I’ll deathgate. But its random. It seems to depend where I deathgate from. The last time was yesterday, but the guards didn’t kill me since I’m now 71 and I managed to get out of aggro range. Then they ‘reset’ to friendly. I’ll have to capture it the next time!

I’ve just noticed a few skeletons on the floor as well :slight_smile: The guards don’t aggro as much now I’m 72 and they are mostly 56-57 elites. But people are dying here!

Blizzard staff don’t contact you. Especially not developers who are the only ones that can fix bugs, and a GM will only contact you in direct response to an active ticket.

just happened again and I made a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69po62sYlb0

Thank you Rektus, appreciate it.

I just had this happened, after I tested it because a friend mentioned it. I didn’t touch this Char since P1/P2 - logged in, used Deathgate and was attacked, after dying the hostile mobs turned friendly again. https://youtu.be/JGN7BImKqyU

Tried to replicate it after. Only managed to get one guy on a gryphon to start running towards me but didn’t reach me before turning friendly again. https://youtu.be/iL91A9yymeg

Hope this helps in any way.

Why has this topic been marked with “solution” when the post marked as it is demonstrating the issue?

You’d have to ask Rektus that, as hes probably the one that marked it.

Only the OP, or a CM can mark a post as the solution.

I’m not sure why that was marked as the solution but people need to make bug reports in game. CS don’t handle bug reports. It requires a Dev.

The more reports with information the better if it’s an unknown bug at the time.

1. Press Esc or click the ? button to open the menu.
  2. Click Support.
  3. Click Submit feedback or bug report.
  4. Enter the details of the bug into the Submit a bug description box, making sure to follow the guidelines outlined on the submission form.
  5. Click Submit.

I didn’t mark it. Issue is in the Cata beta too :slight_smile:

I remember that happening occasionally when teleporting to Legion Dalaran as well and the guards attacking. Probably pretty hard replicate as least for me it happened very rarely. And it was usually paladin, go figure. It caused some confusion when I started killing the guards.

Maybe some ability triggers it and causes the guards aggro when zoning in.