Echo of Mortality available even for basic edition buyers?

The t-mog is available even for basic edition buyers?

No, not available with the Basic version of Shadowlands.

From comments here

the quest is available only if you have the mount Ensorcelled Everwyrm which you can get only by buying Heroic or Epic editions of Shadowlands.

From

Heroic Edition

Includes everything in the Base Edition, plus instant access to a Level 120 Character Boost and the Ensorcelled Everwyrm flying mount. The flying mount grants a quest for the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler transmog set.

3 Likes

He is terrible

Why I am asking is that I have only bought basic edition but yesterday I found the quest for the t-mog which you need to gather 40 Echo of Mortality to get the t-mog.

If I remember correctly, when you buy the more expensive one after buying the basic, you only pay the difference.

I got the tmog and 120 boost version, farmed the tmog on day1, but it is quite ugly. As is the mount. Made good use of the boost though! Mog is especially ugly on horde races!

I have the T-mog now by farming but I only own the basic edition of Shadowlands!
Found the questgiver at Boralus beside the weekly quest giver.

We summon a quest giver from the mount. It’s amusing you’ve gained access to it without buying the mount itself. Will be interesting to see if you can complete and hand it in.

I see you say, that you have got it.

1 Like

If this is true Blizzard needs to prepare a recolour of that T-mog set, a Black variation would be nice, that colour sucks mostly, it is hard to find compatible colours. Its has a robe already, I don’t like hanging around like Pope, bought it just for shoulderpads and waist.

Or a backlash awaits them.

2 Likes

It’s a bug

If someone has bought heroic edition for the quest to obtain it, you can nab it from the same questgiver

Heroic gives 120 boost :ok_hand:

2 Likes

So Blizzard scammed us, this is my interpretation from this.

2 Likes

Like I said I have the mog but the mog is not showing here on forum on the character which I have it on.
Took me 4-6 hours to farm the 40 Echo of Mortality.
The character is only shown in underwear with only the weapon.
Guessing it is because that I do not have the mount or something but thinking to buy it and to get the 120 boost even that I do not know what to boost yet.

Its a known bug, happens for everyone with that mog.

I dont see anywhere that the quest is exclusive to epic edition, so you are not scammed.

They didn’t say quest is exclusive to epic edition or heroic but their explanations and images they used all of them clearly indicated that Shadowlands Base Edition was only the game, they did not say “If you buy Base Edition then you can pickup the Eternal Vestment quest from someone who paid more”.

They portrayed Eternal Vestments as exclusive to Heroic and Epic which means they lied to customers. I don’t care about a few euros but what I care is I see a lying company explicitly. They must’ve informed players about this. They misinformed us.

Actually I think they are trying to hook people who doesn’t pay to ingame shop via this strategy. It is like saying “Try smoking cigs a little and see if you will like it”, this is a move made to motivate people to pay more for ingame shop. This is my theory, white knight for all you want.

No the armory doesn’t show the outfit, just like it couldn’t cope with the Yeti costume to start with either. It has nothing to do with owning anything.

I do not believe the quest is meant to work for people who don’t have the right edition of the game so that is an oversight on their part. I read in the notes that people with the right edition of SL are meant to be able to use each eachothers’ quest giver.

Whether or not they fix this loophole where some have gained access without buying the mount edition. Remains to be seen.

1 Like

I have diff opinion, means (to you) that im blizzard foot licker.

Ok.

Read the link i posted a bit up here, it’s intended.

Here

You may have a different opinion that’s why I said you can white knight for all you want, you are free to act that way.

They explicitly lied to us.

1 Like