Editing a forum post

Hello customer support people!

I am a GM of a raiding guild on Silvermoon. Like many other guilds we have a thread on our realm-forum about recruitment. I have edited my original post many times, 42 in total, to continuously reflect our progress in raids, and also what/who we are looking to recruit.

Today I went to edit my post again, for the 43rd time, and I realise the option to edit is gone. I can view the edit history, but not make a new edit. I can also see that my original post is posted on November 18th, 2018. Other posts I have written in the same thread I can edit. The thread is not locked, the last time someone posted in it was 10 days ago.

Why can’t I edit my post anymore?
Is there a year limit on editing, meaning the reason I can’t edit is because a year passed yesterday?
Or is there a limit to how many times a post can be edited, and the limit happens to be 42?
Or is there another reason why my post no longer can be edited?

I’d like to know what the exact reason is, in case it’s something I can affect (like edit less often the next time i post a thread).

Edit:

1. I can edit this post also, so there seems to be no issue with me editing posts in general.
  2. This is the link to the thread I am talking about: [A] Lazy Peon Tavern recruiting (4/8 M)

Try logging out then back into the forums, not just closing the browser down.

Yeah, that had absolutely no effect. But thank you for the guess.

Hey buddy!

I’ve been following up on the US forums, and this specific question has been asked over there as well. SO, here is a direct quota from a US SFA:

Vrakthris
The one year lock out is intended … We do add/remove and adjust forum features as part of our use of them. I don’t have any information on if or when the edit timer may be changed, but I can say that it has been brought up for discussion.

So yes, there indeed is a timer for editing. And that timer is a year. Hope this clarifies up it for you even the slightest.

1 Like

Hey there!

Cheers for the answer! I really appreciate knowing what the reason was that I could no longer edit my post. Now I know that for the time being, I have to make a new thread each year.

Really appreciate that you looked that up! Thanks a million.