Elders of Northrend - How does Wintergrasp chenge?

Hello there. Im doing the Luner Festival Achievements. Have to talk with Elder Bluewolf. He/She is inside Wintergrasp Tower. I have searched for an answer, and also got one I have to use the teleporter to get inside.

Now to the problem. A wintergrasp changes its faction and I can only use it as long as its with my faction (The Horde). So how do it change or do it change at all. Do I have to sign up for a BG for it just to talk with the Elder or what?

How to talk with it in Shadowlands?

Hey Garrthul,

It’s been ages since I got this Elder, but if I remember correctly, I used a widely known wall bug that allows you to enter the fortress and speak to the Elder even if your faction doesn’t control Wintergrasp, since I was too lazy to wait around until it switches factions.
The Elder resides in the open world version of Wintergrasp, not the instanced BG version. The BG is only used once every 2.5 hrs when the battle opens and your faction has a chance to attack/defend, depending on who controls it.

You can check out the comments on wowhead for this, they all link to a youtube video explaining the process of the wall bug, and there were a few comments left this year that indicate this still works.

You can also wait until Wintergrasp comes under your faction’s control, and last I heard it swtiches fairly frequently, but I guess that depends quite a lot on your server balance and how frequented it still is, especially since the zone is almost 12 years old at this stage.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Garrthul. I did this a couple of days ago. I’m Alliance and Wintergrasp was Horde controlled the first 5 - 6 times I went there, so it does depend on server balance as the other poster said.

The glitch that was mentioned doesn’t seem to work now / was patched out. I spoke to some other Alliance that were there for the ach. and they confirmed that.

What I ended up doing was parking an alt in Dalaran-Northrend and checking every now and again by taking a flight to the FP in Wintergrasp.

Once it’s under your faction control you just need to click the teleport pad on the right of the big doors and that takes you inside where you can speak to the Elder. There are some portals in there as well if you want to use them.

Did it yesterday, it does still work in fact^^

I watched

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89fjGiIo0gU&ab_channel=Duonger

what helped was the comment:

“fly straight in dismount once you reach the point where you can no long fly forward, walk straight in the corner get as far in as possible, mount onto a ground based mount (you will know your good if your mount sticks, if it dismounts you immediately you need to try again) once your on the ground mount jump forward a few times might even try backing up slightly the jumping forward. once you see the wall phase out dismount and jump through on foot it’s as simple as that.”

I see, the glitch that I read about was just saying that you could log out and back in again. Walking through walls seems a bit iffy though.

Not gonna lie, felt like cheating but then again, locking PVE content behind PVP related stuff is problematic in itself.

I personally dont like PVP, being forced to do a BG and visit PVP - combat zones in order to get an event achievement, that isn’t PvP related, just feels off to me, and unfair to others (actual PvPers) aswell.

But yeah, its not intended to work like that. So i do get your point.

to be fair. it was okay to do it behind wall beck then. but now Lich King isn’t live anymore that elder should have been moved outside the walls in my opinion. Btw I did it my simply use Door of Shadows in a corner. Find the same video on Wowhead where he uses a musroom chair. and instead use Door of Shadows if Venthyr, if not then you have to do it the hard way and follow up on the video guide

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.