Ele + hpal or ele + rdru for 2s

Which is better? Been playing ele + hpal lately. The mana efficiency is nice, and the dmg is really good as well, but i feel like you get cc’ed so easily and mobility is much worse. Not sure if rdru is better with ele though, but the hots are nice, as i feel like you can avoid cc better.

Both are close but I’d say that Ele/H Pala works better for me.

1 Like

I’d say Ele + Rdruid is much stronger. You can abuse better mobility of both classes, Clone and extra damage is very helpful etc.

On the other hand, Hpal has either short CD on HoJ, which messes up Lasso, so you don’t really want that, and Repentance, which is same DR as Hex. He’s also vulnerable to getting trained and much less mobile, so if you can kite a lot and well, they’re just gonna sit your Hpal.

1 Like

Ele/H Pala is stronger because Ele with freedom can kite like a boss and trust me I killed way more times with HoJ on the healer than with lasso. For some reason people are not scared of Stormkeeper during HoJ but they are scared of lasso. What’s more R Druid may die in 1 HoJ - H Pala can’t. Pala deals more damage with common 2s Judgement build. The only teams that are actually way harder for Ele/H Pala than Ele/R Druid are Mage teams other than that H Pala seems to fit Ele more. Ele doesn’t need long CC chains.

1 Like

Ele+Holypaladin

1 Like

Thanks for the replies and reflections! I’ve always tried to hoj the off-target while the ele is going for a lasso on the kill target, but gonna try the hoj on kill target + ele burst on it thingy! And yeah, landed a lot of kills on rdrus when surprice swapping to them. (prolly because of low mmr though)

Maybe im noob but how is freedom good on ele if they cant slow you below 100% in wolf?

1 Like

100% is 100% running speed so like if you weren’t in Ghost Wolf so if someone has any kind of sprint can still reach Ele. With Blessing of Freedom you run at max speed so 140% because of extra 40% (or more if talented). I know it’s not that clear but that’s how it works.

DK can put chains of Ice on you and grip you so he will have uptime. With Freedom you can easily kite him.

They think it as useless overkill in one area of not being able to get caught by the melee even more with sacrificing on some useful stuff.

To me that makes absolutely zero sense.

I generally don’t want to win one match even more, I’d rather have higher chance of winning matches on which I’m unlikely to win. And I feel like Freedom+Ghost Wolf is not helping with that, as being 100% fast is still faster than slowed target. And Ele has 0 sec CD on targeted slow + AoE slow totem + possible root + thunderstorm knockback and thunderstorm slow.

Frost Shock + Ghost Wolf or Earthbind is usually enough, taking Hpal with you just so you could avoid like 2 seconds of being trained thanks to freedom when DK uses AMS to avoid slow feels unnecessary overkill over having Cyclone for example, which helps you score kills much easier.

Also, running in Ghost Wolf when dying is most effective around pillar, so you avoid charge, leap and similar stuff and make Leap and Fel Rush and other similar stuff much less effective… but by doing that, you avoid a lot of possible healing from Hpal, as he cannot cast, when you’re kiting him. Something that Rdruid doesn’t have to worry about, having HoTs on you, while you stall out enemy until you’re full HP.

R Druid is better for 3s and H Pala works better with in 2s. Please don’t argue if you don’t even play Elemental

1 Like

I did play a bit ele, I played a lot Rsham (they have similar mobility and CC) and I played a lot Hpal (also with Ele).

Also I gave my reasoning. You dismissing it without explanation is useless.

A bit ele and a lot of resto shaman doesn’t matter. Also you play your H Pala at 1700 cr while you are 2k+ as ret. At 1700 cr I can play Ele/Disc and succeed.

I never played Ret in arena in this expansion. And I am over 1900 in 2s and over 2000 in 3s as Hpal.

Reminds me of that time when you claimed I play Ele, because you searched for my character and saw Elemental, because I don’t do quests in Resto spec (for whatever reason).

But you don’t care, you like to insult and attack and give no effort to actually research what you’re saying. Hell, you do even made up claims like me being Ret… LMAO… I wonder how you came up with that

https://scontent-prg1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/64332736_2349238155346768_7540461115633827840_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-prg1-1.xx&oh=0fd164b2d067745c4898a4831d5ef888&oe=5DC49BB7

And? I am few hundreds past 1700 on 4 characters. Hpriest, Destro, Hpal and Rsham.
Can you do something else than rating bash random numbers that aren’t my actual rating, but rather below few hundreds?

BTW You never made it to 2200 neither in 2s nor 3s… so it’s retarded of you to rate bash me, when I did.

But they were different seasons we are talking about current season and current season you have no clue about Ele 2v2 comps.

If you didn’t play Ele or with Ele this season stop spreading what you think if people say what they know.

I don’t rating bash you. I just say that goalkeeper shouldn’t teach striker how to score a goal. Just saying.

1. If we’re talking about Hpal + Ele, I don’t have to play Ele to judge, I can also play Hpal and group up with Ele, to have experience with that comp.
    And I did.
  2. I did play Ele this season. Not for a long, but I did nevertheless.

You strawman my rating repeatedly.
And whether purposely or not (probably yes, since research would correct your idiotic made up numbers) you mention lower rating than I actually have. By hundreds.

BTW Why did you made up I played Ret in arena (2k+) when I didn’t?

Well this will be interesting :popcorn:

This topic is not about you or your “WoW’s career”. Topic is about Ele so talk about Ele and if you lack any knowledge then be active in other topics you can say more. I don’t care who are you. All I know is that you are forum’s clown that everyone makes jokes off.

Why do you bring up my rating then? I didn’t start talking about it.

Because you are saying completely wrong things. If you’d be right I wouldn’t even bother typing anything.

But this is not topic about me or my WoW career… is it?