Ele leggo in m+, any alternative to Eogs?

Do we have any alternative to Echoes of Great Sundering? I really enjoyed ele in s1 and 2 and had great fun with it in m+. After trying enha in s3 I would like to play both again. Is there any competitive alternative the Eogs? I really really really don’t like it and its playstyle.

No, not really.

1 Like

Isn’t the one with the chance to pop ascendance with necro a good alternative?

Yes ive seen some different builds in m+, even the windspeaker legendary on a fortified week (necrolord), but also the deeply rooted elements (also necrolord). Cant really say which one is the best though.

1 Like

I always use windspeaker on tyrannical weeks, and even on certain fortified weeks. It’s fantastic for mobility and ST damage, I used it a couple of times last week so I could ignore a fair amount of the Quaking.

In season 2 I’d say Skybreaker’s Fiery Demise was a nice alternative on big pulls not anymore though.

1 Like

Echoes is technically the best legendary. I personally hate it with a passion so I’m currently playing Deeply Rooted Elements as Necro.

Last Season i was at 3.2k score, just to give a bit of a reference. DRE is super RNG dependent so sometimes it feels great when you get multiple chain procs on a single target boss like Maiden in Lower Kara. Sometimes you simply don’t get lucky and it feels bad, though. In AoE it’s not really any good but at least you get the initial Lava Burst procs onto all the targets afflicted with Flame Shock + the Maelstrom and the increased FS duration. However, you also shorten your ramp time because you don’t need 120 Maelstrom to do damage. If you misplace an Echo-Earthquake you’re doomed, with other legendaries, it’s less punishing. I also find Felshcraft to be a really welcome tool. Soul Shape is amazing but right now I prefer the shield for some of the more hard hitting stuff like Mediev etc.

Any other legendary isn’t really viable atm in my opinion. Skybreakers would theoretically have great syngery with Venthyr, but Chain Harvest hits like a wet noodle. Additionally the playstyle is way too much reliant on managing multiple FS, does’t have the same output and loses value by both Storm Ele and your 4piece.
Windspeaker’s can work but you gain 0 value for AoE, thats more for coordinated groups, where you’re role is to do boss/priority damage, especially on tyrannical weeks. Also you have a few bosses with in(frequent) add spawns where you’d swap to Earth Quake. With DRE you can use more FS, get more Lava Burst out of Primordial Wave and Lava Surges in general, thus higher chance at Ascendance and more boss damage.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.