Ele Lightning Spec working great in BG

Hi all. For those who love the lightning rather than fire approach I thought I’d share a build that has made it really fun for me. NB I am not a high rated or skilled player, just someone who loves playing in BGs, so I am not presenting this as any kind of expertise.

The main idea is to take every buff on lightning damage, alongside maelstrom cost reduction and elemental overload buffs. Your empowered frost shocks and your earth shocks will buff all your lightning bolt/chain lightning casts. With storm keeper up I am mowing down opponents in BGs like never before - and I really truly suck at WoW.

I have the tier set for extra stormkeeper and maelstrom.

My rotation is
FS
LB x 2
Icefury
FS
ES
(pop Storm Elemental/Stormkeeper if up)
LB FS ES LB FS ES LB FS ES (single target) or CL FS Earthquake repeated for AOE.

The point of the rotation is lots of easy instant casts which keep 2 buffs up on your lightning spells. You burst will always have buffed lightning with buffed overloads every cast.

Talent must haves
Damage Buffs:

Volcanic Surge: 50% lightning damage
Electrified Shocks: 15% nature damage
Elemental Equilibrium: 10% damage buff - the rotation will activate this without thinking
Lightning Rod: 20% lightning damage buff

Overload Buffs:

Surge of Power: 2 x extra overloads
power of the maelstrom: chance of 1 extra overload
echo chamber: 15% extra overload damage
mountains will fall: ES/EQ can overload

Maelstrom:
Flow of Power and Eye of the Storm: earth spells cheaper and ligthning generates more.

On the pvp dummy with stormkeeper I am getting 350k crits on one strike of LB (before factoring in overloads) when the procs are all up.

Have fun and remember I’m an eternal noob.

BYQAu3fz4tp2ZikXIAdNeR+oLAAAAAAASr1SSLJRJSLJNASSiAAAAAAokAJSSkioJSJJphDgWASgA

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.