Ele sham - changes

Hi all,

I would like to give my opinion on the Elemental Shaman.

Never before has, the ElementalSshaman been able to use all three elements (Nature, Fire and Ice) as in this expansion.

However, this led to a small inconvenience: too many keys in the rotation which make it really complicated, compared to the output of the generated dps and our spenders have become insignificant for the damage.

Having said that, I have some suggestions to make rotation more fluid, still using all three elements, and making spenders useful, but still leaving a minimum amount of decision making to the players.

The changes I would make are the following:

ICEFURY

Become a passive talent.

When you cast Earth Shock or Elemental Blast, causing your next 2 Frost Shocks to deal 225% increased damage”.

With this change, Ice enters in the rotation, without complicating the fluidity of the rotation too much and gives additional meaning to our spenders.

ECHOES OF GREAT SUNDERING & ELEMENTAL BLAST

Thanks to the change explained above, it justifies the fact of having to use Earth Shock and then Earthquake because in addition to the 60% enhancement of the latter, if we have chosen Icefury and Electrified Shocks we will have 15% damage on three targets.

Also, since Elemental Blast doesn’t pair well with this talent, I would put them as an alternative choice, stacking them. By doing so, I would remove the Lightning Rod / Stormkeeper dual choice, leaving only Lightning Rod.

LIGHTING BOLT & CHAIN LIGHTNING

By doing this, there would be one discovered talent left to assign, and this is where the latest change comes in: merging Lighting Bolt and Chain Lighting into one.

In order to do this, Lighting Bolt should hit three targets as a base effect:

Hurls a lightning bolt at the enemy (dealing 114% of spell power) nature damage on the target and (dealing 63% of spell power) nature damage to additional two nearby enemies”.

With this change, the Lighting Bolt value will be unchanged in single target scenarios and the Chain Lighting value will be almost unchanged compared to the current one.

At this point, we need to move the talents of the left column, from Call of Thunder to Flash of Lightning, so as to cover the talent previously occupied by Echo of Great Sundering, and in place of Call of Thunder there will be the new talent: Chain Lightning

CHAIN LIGHTNING

Your Lightning Bolt jump on two additional nearby enemies”.

In this way, the talent will be necessary for aoe or strictly lightning-related builds but useless, in single target or completely fire-oriented builds. However, leaving the possibility of having a spell aoe on three targets.

Below you will find the updated talent chart. What do you think?

Link → Sorry, I can’t use link… wtf???

PS: I haven’t changed the spell damage calculation because obviously they should be fixed in the testing phase.

In ST, we literally use two and a half buttons…

Hello,
it’s not really like that…

1. Fire Elemental (long cooldown over 1 min, should not be counted)
  2. Flame Shock
  3. Lava Burst
  4. Primordial Wave
  5. Frost Shock
  6. Icefury
  7. Lightning Bolt
  8. Earth Shock or Elemental Blast

These, only for the single target, but as you well know, during the fights there is also some aoe to do…

1. Chain Lighting
  2. Earthquake

Many other classes have spells for st and cleave, while we have two hoped spell (Bolt and Chain).

They also have passive effects that unlock effects on spells they already have, why should I use Icefury to trigger my Frost Shocks when I can do it with a Earthshock?

Ele shaman single target isn’t that bad at the moment we not the best but we far from the worst, the current problem with ele is the Aoe the standard builders are fine just our EQ is so bad it doesn’t even feel like its worth using EQ need like a 100-200% buff to make our aoe more viable because at the moment we kinda still hard capped on aoe to 6 target and even then if you dont have a magma totem available its aids to get out your 6 flame shocks before half the pack is dead

Hi,
the focus of discussion is not the dps numbers because those are “only” a tuning discussion of Blizzard.
The focus of my discussion is how bad our rotation feels.

Why do we have to add a (useless) spell that doesn’t add dps to increase the dps of another spell, when I could do it by adding a passive effect on a spell that I already use and which, despite being my main spender, provides poor dps?

Why we use two separate spells for ST and AOE when most other classes have spells that cleave or feats that cleave a spell you already have?

It seems to me that the main problem of the ELE, beyond the tuning, is ELE compared to the other classes, other spells are added which only make the rotation chunkier.

This is the feeling I get while using it. I would like more fluidity.

ice fury is a filler if you have no malestrom you not hitting it on cd you only use and you use it once on pull at the start
-Icefury
-frost shock
-priomodial wave
-lava burst
-lava burst
-lava burst
-ele blast if capped on malstrom
if ascendance proc you ignore spending malstrom and just Lava burst to reset primordial wave

• only use ice fury if you run out of charges of lava burst and don’t have maelstrom for ele blast

it doesn’t really matter around the AOE situation of having to use chain lightning or lightning bolt - chain lightning in current build only really get used when you have storm keeper up or you need some malestrom so you can spread flameshock faster

• whats clunky about it is that you need 50 maelstrom and it still takes 7 seconds to put flame shock on 6 different targets to start your aoe (if you dont have liquid magma totem) and even so atmo you just spam lava burst to reset primordial wave for the aoe while maintaining 6 flame shocks
  • only time you use chain lightning is when you
    A you have stormkeeper
    B you don’t have maelstrom to spread flame shock faster

i wouldn’t say that its a clunky spec not in the slightest- yes casting icefury is abit slow but its only a filler for generating maelstrom you shouldn’t be prioritizing it over lava burst/ ele blast if you have them available

if you want more fluidity in the spec they could combine liquid magma totem with earthquake to apply flames shocks as 50-60% on aoe and single target damage comes from lava burst with current 4set

• if they took away chain lightning to replace it with lightning bolt hitting 3 targets so it saves you pressing one different spell then its going to be a massive nurf to the class and we already lack damage compared to other class’s on aoe

Just remove icefury, god I hate that spell.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.