Elemental right now

Hey all just another post about the state if elemental atm.

Now that we are being push into PW with the new tier its changed our stats from crit/haste to mastery/haste, so we are farming BiS items we cant even use yet till we get the new 4 set.
Elemental doesnt use any new tier till we have 4 pieces of season 3 tier so we are stuck is this weird position where we cant keep up in the season 2 lightning build but cant swap anything out yet.

See other classes just climb in ilvl with the stats they still need that hasnā€™t changed while I still sit at 448 ilvl.

and ofc the terrible defensives, no raid buff, no instant heal and general no need of a elemental shammy is rather upseting.

Yes I could ā€œGo play Enhancementā€ but ive always liked elemental.

but maybe Iā€™ve missed something and some some could point me in the right direction?

Thanks

I just came back to wow. Shaman was always my main but i only leveled as Enhancer in BC (50% in BGs) and then raided BC and Wotlk as Resto. Elemental was always the candy for me, especially after the new animations and sound effects were added - but it was kinda hard back in the day to equip 'em overall without a guild.

Now I wanted to go full Elemental in Dragonflight 10.2 and just realized that the whole Specialization is completely useless.

• I donā€™t put down any useful Totems.
  • I donā€™t use my Elemental Shields.
  • I do not buff my Weapon if I play the Lightning Bolt-Build.

This is not a Shaman, this is a low budget Mage.

I will now give Enhancer a try, but would rather switch to a different melee class.
So currently my gameplay as a ā€œnewā€ Elemental Shaman looks like this:

• Leveling a Priest to go Diszi.
  • Leveling a DK to go Tank/DPS.
  • Maybe Leveling a DPS-Class - still need to look out which DPS class still feels good in regard of the classes ā€œFantasyā€.

In my opinion, the whole situations points to Blizzard telling us to just play something else. And I kind of feel the same for Restoration too. But I just came back after years and do not know any big numbers.

I remember playing a Affliction/Destruction Warlock as my main in Wotlk and my thought in my first raid: Oh thatā€™s what itā€™s like to play a real DPS Class. So if i get that feeling again with another character I may stay, but to play Shaman in Dragonflightā€¦ i guess my Sub will run out again after giving Tanking a try in SoD.

Donā€™t know whatā€™s so hard to let us buff someone with our actions or let a Totem be something like the Lightning Rod Talent (I mean Earthquake is doing itā€¦). Sorry for misusing your Thread maybe, but I thought itā€™s better than opening a new one - was about to open one about the state of Elemental Shamans.

I gave up on my Elemental shaman after Season one Because of the same situation. All my mastery/haste gear became useless and I had to go for crit, but couldnā€™t really use the gear until Iā€™d get the set pieces.

Now they reversed it and did it again. The same stupid, glaring mistakeā€¦

Not to forget that we had two different items sets in season one for raids and m+. But thatā€™s another yet similar pair of shoes.

All the while DH had the same stats for different speccs while we had to juggle stats for the same specc.

And yes as the first comment says, no totems, buffs or weapon enhances meant you were nothing but a mage without defensives.

An entire expansion of entirely ignoring elemental shamans did it for me (an expansion around elemental forces no less)

Iā€™m giving SoD shaman a chance, and if I get bored Iā€™m done with WoW.

I know shaman numbers are insignificant to blizzard but I donā€™t play any other class seriously, so there it is

I just wish were were given some kind of group / raid buff like our enhancement brothers and sisters. In fact why not redesign windfury totem all together.

No cooldown version:
Drop a totem, all allies within 30 yards of the totem have a 1-2% chance for their attacks and spells to cast a second time.

ORā€¦

Cooldown version
Drop a totem, all allies within 30 yards of the totem have a 10 - 15% chance for their attacks and spells to cast a second time. Lasts 15 (/ā€œxā€) seconds.

While i love Enh i gave up on ele. Feels like i need to do double the effort to do half of what bm can do while mashing his head on keyboard.

Enhance feels so weird to play. Half of buttons pressed are ā€œspellsā€ rather than melee skills. Enhance feels like a mix of Ele / Old Enhance. I wanna smash the opponent with my maces. Not cast lightning bolts and wind-thingies in Asc.

Enhance is a totemic warrior who strikes his opponents with weapons imbued with elemental power. Lore wise, thats what we do still. If you want phys only, go vanillaā€¦

With weapons

With elemental power
Best of both worldsā€¦Melee and ranged

WEAPONS imbued with elemental power. Mate you need to go back to elementary school.

1 Like

WEAPONS imbued ā€œWITH ELEMENTAL POWERā€ ā† what I was quoting :smiley: Calm down ? I can do this all day haha.
But I wonā€™t and Iā€™ll try to let you understand what I meant by ommiting half of the sentence just like you did, itā€™s just that itā€™s melee and range, weapons and spellsā€¦
You know, best of both worlds !

Yeahā€¦ just go back to elementary school and go through it again. This time, pay attention.

1 Like

You seem angry. Everything ok ?

You know what Iā€™ll speed things up a bit :

Adverbum : Weapons imbued with elemental power, not and elemental power !
Cubitus : We still have Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Crash Lightning, Ice strike, Sundering, Windfury Weapon, Flametongue as melee attacks imbued with elemental power, those are melee skills right ?
Adverbum : But we have spells too
Cubitus : Since BC ? Flame / Frost / Earth Shock are part of our toolkit since then, we picked up lightning bolt and chain lightning in Wrath, and lost Earth Shock, and gained Ele Blast later on.
Itā€™s a 7:5 ratio
Adverbum : thats trueā€¦I was wrong, I counted too fastā€¦We have the melee skills I wanted ! Why was I hardcasting Chain Lightning again ?

Not sure what you are on about.

Spec is basically build on spending mael stacks, mainly with spells. If I wanted to play a spec that casted lightning bolts, elemental blasts, chain lightnins and what notā€¦ Thats literally Ele Sham?

Why does Ench have Eleā€™s, almost, entire spell kit?

Spec has no identity.

And yeah, you have reading comprehension. Lightning Bolt or Lava Burst or Chain Lightning or Elemental Blast; you donā€™t need weapons for any of that. They are spells, castable without weapons. They have nothing to do with your weapons.

As I said before, best of both world : melee and ranged !

Orā€¦Is it ele that share its spell kit with ours ? They have all our spells, - our melee abilities !

Yes, but no, since we arenā€™t really casting, we use those stacks (came up in wrath I think) to instant cast :smiley: Youā€™re not hard castingā€¦are you ?

I think you might be better with a warrior, so you can zug melee. Or, go back to vanilla, that shares all its incredible one button playstyle, but itā€™s pure melee.

Its not melee, its not range and its certainly not best of both world. Its an abomination.

Orā€¦Is it ele that share its spell kit with ours ? They have all our spells, - our melee abilities !

What?

Yes, but no, since we arenā€™t really casting, we use those stacks (came up in wrath I think) to instant cast :smiley: Youā€™re not hard castingā€¦are you ?

Why does that even matter? They are spellsā€¦ Thats my pointā€¦

I think you might be better with a warrior, so you can zug melee. Or, go back to vanilla, that shares all its incredible one button playstyle, but itā€™s pure melee.

k

:wink: glad I could help

Chill guys all here for the same reason! Blizzard hate elemental! Theres no other reason for us to be mid-low pack every expansion!
I dont think ive never not had fun playing elemental but with the stat change and not be able to change gear untill we have full 4 set, and only 1 tier piece from 2k rating think im going to quit and play amother class.
DH and Bm but doing well easiest specs in the game and doing top dps. GG blizz

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.