Elemental Shaman - Please buff Earthquake

Hello

The tier 31 Set for Elemental is fun and gives the spec some much needed consitency. However due to the design of the set bonus we pretty much have to focus completely on the right side of the spec talent tree which denies the possibility of taking "Echoes Of Great Sundering. Therefore for AoE, we only really can spam earthquakes constantly but the spell is numerically weak and another thing about earthquake is its static nature which makes the spell problematic in certain M+ situations where the tank has to move Mobs around. Please give baseline earthquake a 20% buff at least and, for future, consider changing the spell so it attaches to a target rather than being a static area effect.

Thank you

i think it need more then a 20% damage buff

to make the spell competitive with other class’s on big aoe pulls the spell needs re designed to either attach flame sock like the liquid magma totem to the targets
or buffs close to 100%-150% damage buff

if you take a look at Boomie aoe spender it hits 4-5 times as hard understandable the rate of which EQ ticks much faster but id say a 100% damage buff would make it feel more viable to use on 3 targets or more

1 Like

Yeah. I wrote " 20% at least" because I think it’s unrealistic to expect drastic buffs in one swoop. Most of the time they improve numbers in small doses.

well earthquake has a lot of problems.
it deala so few dmg because it is spamable, which makes the playstyle also crap. the talent buff eq with 20 stacks is crap because you have too much maelstrom.

the ms is too high. let shaman start with 50 ms and buff earthquake by like a ton and reduce ms generation. meanwhilemake it targetable to a mob not ground and let it move with the mob. increse the radius by 5y as well.

if you play target dummies eq is my highest dmg spell. if i play dungeons it will end up as my third, and not only because of bossfights…

sorry but how is your EQ your highest spell currently lava burst should be 50%+ on target dummies its not even close

Ok wish fulfilled thx Blizz. :smiley:

Class Tuning Incoming – 20 December

Shaman

• Elemental
    • Earthquake damage increased by 50%.
1 Like

if mobs only would stand inside earthquake to take that increased dmg lol

that 50% buff will do a whooping nothing because in most dungeons I press earthquake almost never, nice

it depending how you play.
If you overcap ms and only press earthquake when you have 2 stacks or you have no lava burst charges at all, then of course lava burst will take about 50% of your dmg.

I tried both and I get better dps on dummies if I dump all ms basically on earth quake
That is probably also due to my gear being very crit and vers heavy has I have currently low haste and mastery because I main resto sham.
I don’t know what dps values are good on those dummies, but I can sustain over 400k dps with both playstyles.

But earthquake is just terrible in dungeons and that is why you basically cannot press earthquake in dungeons.

Now after the buff, the first playstyle will definitely bring more dps, but probably only on dummies because in dungeons earthquake is just unplayable.

also the worst part about ele is that my ilvl 445 ret pala burst for 500k dps and my ele shaman does nothing because all mobs are dead within 2 seconds even in a 20 lol

Just remove it from the game and buff chain lightning. It’s a horrible ability that never worked and it will never work.

1 Like

As a RShaman I can tell you that im a big fan of Earthquake and the 8% chance to stun things.

REALLY useful in this caster heavy dungeons. So… if you guys press that button more, and I see more elementals out there…

GUCCI for me… :slight_smile:

Congratz on the 50% buff.

i see its your stat priority

yeah ele is Mastery + haste then ves is its stats Crit is dogshiet for us at the moment

and yeah you kinda only use EQ when refunding charges for Lavaburst at the moment so that might change with the new buffs to EQ you might want to slam it down more and it may change your overall

target dummies i sit between 500-600k depending on how lucky i am with ascendance procs

i still think 50% is still to low of a buff to make us competitive with other class’s would of been nice to see it get an 100%+ buff but will need testing Wednesday to see how much of a difference it makes

Please buff again blizzard because 50% wasn’t enough

or redesign it so it combine’s with magma totem to so it spreads flame shock too

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.