Elemental simply does too little damage

Does anything more have to be added?

Blizzard buff Shadow Priest twice. Blizzard buff Devastation Evokers twice. And Elemental? A little bit on AoE, giving max a 5-6% buff in 5+ target AoE.

It’s not enough. Suggestion

1. Buff ST and 2-3 target cleave raw output
  2. Allow for talent option which can do ST and light cleave well
    (unlike right now, where it’s either pure ST or pure 5+ target AoE)

I would summarize my experience with Elemental DPS in high keys and VOI as follows

• Single Target: Ok (not great, but Ok)
  • 2-3 Target Cleave: Bad (low Maelstrom from CL, not clear whether to EQ or Shock/EB)
  • 5+ Target AoE: High DPS

Problems:

• Long ramp-up time for AoE, doesn’t work well if adds need to be “cleaved quickly” compared to e.g. Enhancement
  • 2-3 Target cleave is really bad

I think for a specc to be viable in the current Meta PvE, it needs three things:

1. Solid ST option
  2. Solid ST+light cleave option
  3. Solid AoE option

For Enhance, it would be:

1. Physical (thorims) + Doom Winds build
  2. Elementalist (spl. elements) + Elemental Blast
  3. Elementalist (spl. elements) + Crash Lightning

For Elemental, it is:

1. Fire (primordial surge + WLR) w. Fury
  2. ??? (need this option for proper raiding)
  3. Either Lightning or Fire (spl. elements) + Liquid Mag Totem build

You dont like your whole cleave potential to relly on a 7% chance to proc an extra lvb on the secondary target ? Weird.

Deeply Rooted Elements is helluva fun, but Blizzard could reduce its RNG a bit. If I put on my Dev hat for a second (work with development in another field/area):

One extreme: 7% proc rate (pure RNG)
Another extreme: Ascendance proccs once every 14th attacks (0% RNG, like Idol of Yogg)

Suggestion: Somewhere between these two extremes, have % based procc rate but ensure a certain amounts of proccs per minute, or simply just increase the chance of procc every time there has been long periods without a procc.

Result: Much smoother talent with better feel but still has random element to it!

Elemental is helluva fun. It really doesn’t need much, just a bit of tuning and it’ll be blasting!

Either that or increase from 7% to something like 30% and reduce LvB damage accordingly. That way there’s more consistent damage. Or reduce ascendancy CD because nobody is using that talent in any build.

But yeah cleave damage is terrible, ST is also pretty bad, air with 5+ is the only good one but not with sanguine of course though the fifty swirlies per pull don’t help EQ either but ok

LOL proof people just want their spec to be OP right there

And reduce the damage accordingly - but sure read half the sentence and call it proof

I totally agree and is so hard for me to explain my guildies that some dungeons I can do and some others I can`t because 2-3 targets is my biggest enemy as Ele
The % chance of ascendence should be replaced with a guaranteed system that we will do damage regardless of rnjesus

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.