Elemental squish?

I more or less just dinged 120 pulling more than one of a thing is death, pulling 3 things is nigh insta death.

game is making me fight elite mobs that kill me through spam healing myself.

litrally outside earth elemental I am squished.

I also played a balance druid and found no such issues, blaance can just spamfire a few times, barkskin drop the aoe and everything almost instantly dies!!

most of the time I can’t kite without pulling more stuff so in cases where I have no earth ele am I expected to just die ? does it get better with gear or what ?

Thunderstorm, frost shock, earthbind totem, capacitor totem, earthshield.

3 Likes

Thunderstorm does not work against elite mobs,frost shock does not w…yeah none of the kite tools work against elite boss (was the one in hightmountain as part of the heart quest)

luckily I just sat there face tanked him died and could run back each time keep fighting him because his HP never reset

I have earthshield up all the time I spam my main heal until I am out of mana which is 4 heals and gets me nowhere NEAR full HP and I still die, also 3 mobs beating on me into thunderstorm means that 6 mobs are now coming for me.

the AOE is too slow, the DPS rampups are too slow blizzard truly messed up shaman fun level worse than they did warlocks!

edit:

so example, I am fighting mods in nazatar, my health pool some somewhere between 100 and 200k

this one caster mob hits me for 22k

my heal heals me for 17k

my base lightning attack is hitting this thing for about 4k tops

one pull lasting way too long, mix a single add into the mix and BOOM having like 40k which is going on for half of my hp taking off in one shot and I have no grounding totem yet rogue still have the likes of cloak of shadows because ?

where is mob scaling ? just huge boring patchwerks

Well it might partly be the recently dinged-thing. Iirc that’s what happens these days, when dinging 120 everything seems to get harder all of a sudden until a toon gets geared up a bit.

Benthic gear to get you started and then invasions + vision gear. Also pvp weapon with conquest points. In 2-3 days you’re all set.

I found leveling up and early 120 like this.

Feels like we take alot of damage, and pulling more then 1 mob was a struggle… but after gearing up to around ilvl 445 I could solo pretty much any of the elites / mob packs that the outdoor world could throw at me.

Not sure if it was the gear or just that I ended up finding a talent combo that worked for me; but at first I wasn’t sure I was gonna stick with shaman, but now I find it a lot of fun.

Talent wise what I feel helped me is Icefury. It gives you a lot of burst in a short space of time, with a short enough cooldown that soloing you will use it every fight.

And Liquid Magma totem is great for extra AoE damage.

Also Earth Shield is garabage imo, grab spirit wolf and an azerite trait the heals in wolf form, then if you need some healing just kite the mob for a bit.

Finally I also use minor essences that proc extra damage, as I find Earthen Rage tends to proc these alot.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.