Elemental talents DF my though

Overall I like Elemental Shaman talent tree but there is one thing that I find weird that doesn’t work together:

*Magma Chamber
Flame Shock damage increases the damage of your next Earth Shock, Elemental Blast, or Earthquake by 0.5%, stacking up to 20 times.

*Windspeaker’s Lava Resurgence
When you cast Earth Shock or Elemental Blast, gain Lava Surge and increase the damage of your next Lava Burst by 20%.

First talent makes you hold your Earth Shock for bigger burst 2nd however makes you want to use Earth Shock on every possible occasion. They are next to each other but negate themselves somehow. It would make more sense if you’d have to choose Windspeaker’s or Magma Chamber rather than Windspeaker’s or Skybreaker’s Fiery Demise imo.

1 Like

just from the look of it, seems you have to be a juggler, making the spec more complex to play, which is fine to pve but could be very stressful in pvp

Nah, I just sat down and made 3 potential builds I’d like and these two things didn’t really make sense to me. Not only Magma Chamber (which was Azerite Trait most Ele Shamans played in BFA) is the furthest right talent in Lavaburst part of the tree. I’d never expect someone going for Lavaburst oriented sustain build take it. It rather fits Stormkeeper - setup based style more. It also negates a talent that is next to it which is Windspeaker. For me moving Magma Chamber more to the left and maybe a choice between it and Windspeaker would give another gameplay opportunity for Ele.

Ele can technically play current playstyle with Ascendance and even Icefury but with Unlimited Power and Fire Elemental 20% Lavaburst damage gone it might be weak. Other option might be Windspeaker’s. It will have nice Single Target sustain damage potential. One more option is NS + Stormkeeper + Elemental Equilibriun option for setup based style like Ele/Fire/H Priest or Ele/Rogue/x or Ele/Shadow/x. Magma Chamber would idealy fit into this playstyle. Otherwise this talent would never be taken.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.