Ele's annoying elementals

OK, so I play a lot of PvE and here are my thoughts on our pets:

Fire elemental: Whenever I am 35-40 yards away from my target (which I usually do on some raid bosses for min-max purposes), my fire elemental does not have range to cast meteor? It’s very frustrating, even if I press it, it doesn’t go in range, I have to manually bring it closer and then press meteor which results in dps loss, very annoying.

Storm elemental: Storm elemental’s move speed is extremely low for some reason. Usually this wasn’t issue cuz I could work around it since it was present for 40 secs or less… However at the current state with 4p set in m+ it’s very annoying… I use big cooldown, I put all the effort to extend it, and then my elemental runs 20 secs to reach the next pack and expires before it can do anything, why do I even extend it?? It’s legit better sometimes to dismiss it and just grind the cooldown again, very annoying. Even when combat runs off, it is still slow 90% of the time… like SOMETIMES it runs fast with me, but that’s just SOMETIMES and I have no idea what requirements must be met for this to happen, if someone knows, please enlighten me, thank you.

Earth Elemental: Putting any spell Off auto-cast messes up with the auto-casts on Fire/Storm ele. Also very annoying.

Ah ye I forgot, whenever my storm ele can’t find path, it just stays there afk, no interaction, no indication (artificer at current tier is great example - it just stands on platform). I need ot manually make it come to me so it unbugs … kinda annoying too. I notice it happening on other places as well (SD last boss for example closes door and ele stays out), it even shows it’s in range like there’s no problem but I notice it doesn’t cast its spells so I have to manually reposition again, which anyway takes me some time to realize as well.

I find this the most annoying. Once had an earth ele up and had turned off autocast. Then in a raid and am wondering why my dps was low with the FE… turns out its abilities were off autocast too!

2 Likes

This was annoying back in BFA too with certain HoA and azerite powers, thankfully it was mostly generating big elementals that lasted 10 seconds and small ones with no movement issues, instead of extending the duration.

Now we get a virtually permanent pet that turns into a sloth whenever it’s time to move, meaning we basically can’t take storm ele in PvP, M+ and on certain raid bosses, rendering what should be a powerful talent/set bonus combo into a joke.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.