Elune cutscene spoiler

So, Night Elves really are Elunes children.
But Elune did sacrifice them during the burn of Teldrassil to help her sister…

I did not get it what is now with Tyrande. Does she bound to the Ardenweild like Ysera now?

5 Likes

Entitled whiny players who think they are the reincarnation of Tolstoy in 3, 2, 1…

PS: Jokes aside, things I really like about this cutscene:

• The fact Elune talks through Tyrande: I love how vague and dim her character is, I don’t think I want to see her clearly as a physical being yet. Making the cosmology too clear is often not desirable.
  • She refers to the Kaldorei as her children.
  • The fact she allowed her children to die makes for a change in perspective: normally we see death as something definitive, even inside the game’s fiction, but it’s clearly not so in the eyes of Elune and other such entities, since they are more concerned with the continuance of the soul rather the physical body to which it’s bound in life.
2 Likes

This is the type of story telling so awful, so designed to tell fans “We actively despise you”, it’s hard to see this expansion’s Sylvanas story as a Producer’s style scheme to destroy the company.

That, or the rampant misogyny amongst workers was also taken out against night elves…

Probably both.

7 Likes

“These are my favorite people.”

“Anyways, i allowed them to get butchered to water your gardens.”

"Sorry, Elves :wink: "

13 Likes

Ahahahah!! :joy:

Oh my goodness. They really can’t stop, can they?

This even makes me feel bad for the night elf fans. Sorry folks, your goddess needed wood for her sister’s fire, it’s family first, you get it, don’t you?

Yes, this company needs a serious purge. It is lore written by inebriated people.

14 Likes

or extreamly smart, becuse buy not interfearing to much, she might actualy have gone undetected buy the jailer also, what could be a problem for him at this moment, becuse Ardenweld got a new key now, so when the others get their finished, we can go after Zoval, something I do not think he was counting on.

1 Like

Tyrande will now be BFF with Sylvanas and they will both go after the Jailer and defeat him in a scene of glorious female power show off… or something.

All hail sister powaah!

1 Like

I don’t think that this is the case. They spoke about the reburn for Night Elves. So, Elune just have send her children to help her sister in to the paradise (Night Elves really call those forests as paradise) temporally.
Her plan was that Night Elves will help to save this paradise and in the end those souls will be reburn back to life.

And Night Elves fans should be happy, since:
a). Now its known that Night Elves is a race that really was created by the Elune. A race chosen by the god of Nature.
b). All Night Elves souls will enjoy vacation in such a prefect beautiful forest, and later all of them will be reburn back to live (and that will be the only race who will restore its people after BfA).
c). Tyrande survived and as a bonus we even got Ysera back to life.

I think we will just gonna create new sigils, and will install them into Sylvanas. Then there will be a fight between Sylvanas and Jailor in 9.2.
While Tyrande will not going to be mentioned in the story in next patch at all.

3 Likes

Don’t the people of Azeroth already have a tear of Elune maguffin to use for the presumptive saving of night elf souls?

Does that excuse burning her own people for the sake of Ardenweald? How didn’t she know about the machine of death? We are supposed to believe Sylvanas was mind controlled by Elune and tricked by the Jailer at the same time?

The whole Night Elves will be reborn is a patch up and fan service, the same with Sylvanas’ other soul. It’s not a coherent story imo.

I mean I should be the first one yelling yes, the burning of Teldrassil had a meaning and Sylvanas did nothing wrong… only that it sucks no matter how you try to swing this.

3 Likes

Must say that the whole thing came rather as expected.

And stuff like this:

Has me baffled.

A literal god has just spelled out her favouritism towards an entire playable race, we’ve had confirmation that Night Elves are destined to dominate a full quarter of the pivotal covenants that rule the afterlife across the cosmos, and one of their heroes has just been given a bailout card that not only will spare her from the grim outcome that awaited her, but also pointed at the full reversal of the bulk of negative burden that the race had suffered in the previous events.

What are you still complaining about???

Want to know what the Darkspear, Orcs, Worgen, and the rest got in return? At best, NOTHING. And the least lucky, got even shafted harder still.

What did the Forsaken get out of the loss of Lordaeron? This:

4 Likes

Well Elunes says that AFTER the tragedy she have send souls to Ardenweild. So we do not know could she actually prevent the tragedy somehow or not. All we know is that instead of taking souls somewhere else (in to the stars like Night Elves religion says) she have send them into Ardenweild.

Yes, she didn’t know that the death machine is broken. Even Winter Queen didn’t know why the souls stop coming to Ardenweild. It was we players who found out about it in the end of the first Shadowlands campaign.

3 Likes

The story is very dumb tbh. Too much fanservice, too little logic.

It basically screams “we know you’re angry so here’s all the nelves back, your Tyrande back and a pat from Elune for being good lads”.

And I don’t think the reasoning they used is acceptable anyway. No goddess who loves her children burns them alive, for any reason.

But hey, if the fans are happy with that…

3 Likes

On average? Of course it is.

It’s a steaming pile of crap through and through.

But that doesn’t mean that we are to toss aside a blatant cookie like this when its thrown our way.

Some fans would BEG to have this sort of story pan out for other races.

Imagine what would’ve happened if we had a similar scenario with the Primus and the Forsaken? Jesus, I would’ve done things far to graphic to type down in this forum.

Give their loss a purpose? Save the core aspects of their leader and turn her into a heroic figure?

EDIT:

I don’t think that was implied.

She said that she tried to make certain that they were channelled into Ardenweald. Not that she literally caused the fire. “In the wake of their tragedy…”

Her not knowing that they were going straight into the Maw reinforces the fact that she definetly wasn’t on board with Sylvanas or Zovaal…

1 Like

And what good has it done for them? After a decade of storylines that can be summed up as “Night elf women are worse than useless, night elf men don’t give a crap about them”, we get told “No no guys, you should be happy! Yes there was a mass murder against your people, but that’s good because Elune loves them so much she chose to let it happen! Just don’t mind how illogical the story is, or that you’re not allowed to seek any sort of justice against the person who did it, Elune loves you!”

At best we’re told that the lore night elves were introduced with hasn’t been completely and utterly chipped away at and destroyed with the most unpleasant framing possible. At worst this is a smarmy “How can you be mad! Elune loves you! Also Sylvanas is super duper good now please ignore the whole massacre thing she did because she was mad”

3 Likes

Yes, so much fan service that the cutscene’s got a 1:3 like/dislike ratio.

It’s almost as if literal gods have a different perception of morality than mortals and don’t value their lives the same way we do.
Just like in basically any narration that involves gods ever.
Which is precisely why characters like Illidan or Sylvanas, albeit in very different ways, have shown disregard or rebelliousness towards the great cosmic forces.

How is this dumb or illogic? It makes perfect sense, and it advances the plot and the characters both in the fiction’s consequentiality and thematically.

But no, let’s talk about “purging” the writers instead.

Is this really what you took away from the cutscene? It’s entirely made up, from the first to the last word.

Are you…serious??

I mean, are you really a Night Elf fan that knows their story, or are you some troll wanting to flame a bit?

Because you’d need to be a “special” sort of guy to miss on the recurrent theme Night elves have been having since Wc3, where they were little else than amazoners that got stuff done while their husbands slept away in burrowed dens.

What the hell are you on about now about “Night elf women being useless”?

…apparently you have a literal god looking after you that now wants to revert said loss, save your leader from certain death and has just proclaimed how instrumental you are to the entire cosmos.

Like really, go check on what sort of “gratification” the rest of races had and see if you can sell on the pity wagon a bit better.

You are going to have a hard time doing such after having explicit confirmation that everyone that delved into Ardenweald was yet again going into Night elf territory.

Specially given we troll players are to first accept that the afterlife of our favoured race is but a pocket dimension of yet another grander Night elf zone.
One that apparently has been retconned into some weird “hell” that prevents troll souls from reaching other “acceptable” places such as you now…Night elf Afterlife a.k.a. Ardenweald.

Isn’t that what Zandalari and the Horde in general is supposed to do with the likes of Jaina every once in a while?

Where is their Godly intervention?

2 Likes

Considering recent developements, it seems quite tasteless for Blizzard to release a cinematic about how victims need to choose between holding their abusers accountable and getting a new start.

3 Likes

When you mess with a story like Teldrassil, the outcome cannot be positive no matter how you twist the story. Fans would have been angry no matter what. This is something that has to pass. Doesn’t change the fact that it was fanservice.

Except that they’re selling the “Elune loves you” and “Elune sacrifices you for the greater good” in the same sentence, which is a terrible approach.

Not to mention the whole Sylvanas situation which is absolutely terrible. We are presented with a character that is broken and made a puppet by two deities at the same time, on different flanks. So much for the dignity of a once beloved and iconic character.

1 Like