End game. A boring grind? Lets hear what you think

So at 8.2 I mained my holy priest doing mostly pvp and arenas at 2vs2. I reached 2041 rating playing with a lock. No I am not a great player and pretty much I exploited the broken arena as it is now. No combos can really face a greater heal and warlocks big fatty bolts.

At 8.3 I mained my resto shaman, great class, funny gameplay and very versatilte. This time I tried a tiny bit of raiding. In two runs I reached 6/12 heroic run and then I got bored. Mythic pluses are some times funny but raids I find too dull and boring. I do not see the challenge at the same time. I know many of you are big fans of raiding and that is respectable.

I wanted to do also arena with my resto shaman and I wanted to have the trinket from atal dazzar. I did more than 16 runs in ataldazzar at m+10-12. (The number is exact since I was doing one run per night). Trinket never dropped. That shamman now has an ilevel of 471. I know that I can push it towards 480 but then why should I do that? What I am getting out of this? Doing arenas this season is not my interest, I tried it but too much crazy stuff with corruptions going on. Sorry but not my ballgame facing those overtuned combos. I also exposed this system as I mentioned above but this should not be the major focus of the game.

I also found this patch there is way too much pve grind. Assaults do not look specifically nice. Tried it but what is the purpose to beet a timer against computer enemies.?

At the same time the game is being really governed from diminishing returns. As a simple example (oversimiplified) you need 1 hour to go from 420 i level to 450, 10 days from 450 to 460, and two months from 460 to 470. If I try to push towards 480 I will have to invest a lot of time in things I do not like, assaults to reach level 15 back, grinding materials for making potions for raids and mythic higher keys for the OPTIMAL BIS.

I like a lot (read it super lot) battlegrounds. It is much more engaging to play against human players and or cooperating with others. These days after my main went over 470+ I felt like I should stopplaying the char. I can not find any more the reason to play it.

What I found super nice was to gear up fast my feral druid and level up an arcane mage. Trying other classes I think is much more interesting and rewarding than the end game for the main. Their gear will never be BIS but much more than enough to challenge people at battlegrounds.

I am not sure if this can be true but somehow I feel that shadowlands will not necessarily find me with a main but rather enjoying with multiple classes the game at the point where the diminishing returns does not turn the game to a grinding fest.

Let me know your thoughts on the above. I would like to hear you reflections on that. Do you share some of those thoughts?

Have fun
Regards
Alex

4 Likes

dunno, rng and grind is part of every mmo so im fine with it.

what i hate is the time gating, thats all.

oh yeah, and corruption. that system can sod right off.

5 Likes

All mmorpg, once you ran out of current content, will be grind until next content. Thats nothing new.

Some take break, some farm, some pick up new games ect.

1 Like

I raid-log, what grind ?

1 Like

Well, raid-logging also can be considered as grind.

1 Like

Nah I find hitting my head against new-boss’s mechanics a fun thing, whereas for me grind associates with something non satisfactory, boring and dull. For me grind is ‘emisaries’ about AP, neck levels, visons, assaults, repetitive tasks that are not really rewarding and are there to turtle your time and make you pay extra sub because of non-relevant tasks.

I.e. leveling in classic is boring grind that feels not rewarding. Just like rewards like AP. They are same to me - in same category of boring.

1 Like

Well TBF this is what wow has been all about for a while now, except for PvP.

From what has been revealed so far I have two potentially bad news for you :

• You may have to grind thorgast (rogue like pve content) to get your legendaries if they are usable in PvP. Doubt they’ll release PvP exclusive legos and seeing how they left corruption in PvP they may just let you use Lego too.

• Looking at the words used to describe the weekly chest update it’s pretty much guaranteed that PvP gearing will revolve around the weekly chest BUT you won’t get a m+ chest and a pvo chest the same week it’ll be the same chest for all content. There may be vendors or conquest tho, but the weekly chest will be maintained (altho this time you’ll pick one out of 5 or6 items and have an universally relevant choice if none of the items is useful)

As the new AP will be capped like conquest it should be easier to maintain multiple characters at once altho it’s too early to tell, there may be other issues like the conduits consumables or the legendary acquisition which will make the xpack not as alt friendly as they presented it at blizzcon.

I’d say just wait and see, so far it sounds good but without any context it’s hard to tell if it’ll be what we’re expecting from it. There’s a lot of potential issues left unanswered like the covenant abilities the conduits impact and acquisition, how to enter thorgast and how random will the Lego acquisition will be for example.

1 Like

Yes! This is what I have been doing to. I was so disappointed and disheartened with the end game content. Im not going to say anything rude about it other than it really is not my cup of tea at all.

For me, being able to level and arcane mage really rescued my WoW experience. They hit really hard in low level dungeons haha. Interested in a shaman after I get to 120 and stop playing her.

3 Likes

“you need 1 hour to get 420-450”

if you have someone to boost you in mythic +

99,9% of people dont - thats why its taking them +/- 2 months to get to 450.

those diminishing returns only exist if you cheat the system by other boosting you.

you did that to yourself. nobody else

those things are there because for ver 10 years people were constantly complaining about lack of “content to do” outside of raiding hours.

guess what blizzard listened and gave it to people

and then those who only want to raid log started to whine that they have to actually play the game instead just raid.

those things are direct consequence of the fact that people refuse to admit that blizzard cannot put in new raid more often then every +/- 9months. while some woudl like new raid every 3 months. its impossible.

thats why AP is here and will be here in some shape or form

Yup, it will be "anima"in the next xpac. Probably this time it will coming with weekly cap, like conquest.

… and this is why i used to live in this game as I had things to do in this game - even outside my Molten Core. There was rewards of me doing something whole vanilla. My pants from one raid were useful in another progress.

Now in every patch my gear is useless, and with every reset my previous actions are null and void.

I may not be fan of classic/TBC etc, but the game was fine even without AP, or war resources. I.e. look at wotlk. We did not have any AP, but we had daily quest hubs with quest rewards - we worked towards those rewards, we got to keep them. Again same with cataclysm. Those kept us busy. MoP kept us busy, WoD kept us busy, Legion just wore us down, and BfA - well… i don’t see many happy talks about BfA.

Why should I bother with AP, when it gives me absolutely nothing - other than killing my time. i cannot transmog it in next expansion.

The grind is unbearable with this much RNG on top of RNG.
Getting the right pieces, azerite traits, corruptions is a nightmare and very unrewarding!

It feels way better if you work towards something instead of hoping to get lucky In this RNG lottery.

3 Likes

“you” dont have to care

but people who want to give additional push have stuff to do in game outside of raiding.

that said AP was a joke this expansion - as long as you utilized wow app properly .

1 Like

If you have 0 interest in m+,pvp and raiding the game is super friendly with emissary/wq catching up to,you gear up 445ilvl+ super fast.
Thoe i get the feeling getting essences on alt’s is trubelsome cause they are rep gated .

1 Like

Very nice comments so far. Waiting to read more input.

It took me two months now to go from high 200 item level to the 456 i am now.

I left before 8.2 showed up. I opened up WQ and had done loremaster and basically had HC gear. The old HC gear.

I dont want stuff given to me. But should it take me two months of playing far too much every single day to get to a point where i dont get rejected at 445 for 2 key?

To get there i had to open naz, mechagon and finish both to get the essences/cloak questline. Only then it seems are you actually viable at “endgame” content.

I am sorry. But i played a lot in those two months and to get that was too much.

1 Like

It is possible to add a new raid in every three months.

I played a game that added new content every single month for 18 years straight. The game is still going but on private servers.

18 years of content. The game in question started 5 years before wow did.

If they can add content to nearly rival an expansion on wow but do it every month then so can wow.

One team draws. One team writes the quests. One team does the AI. it can be done but because blizzard wants to prolong subs they make you all believe that it cant be done when it can.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.