Enforcing of RP naming rules?

True, but a guy calling himself ‘Lmaoshadowkiller’ isn’t likely to be interested in RP anyway. I’m talking about the many people who have a random name that might not fit but have an RP name on their addon.

1 Like

Fair, but this thread is really mostly talking about people who have a name that breaks RP server rules.

To each their own.

Personally I think that

a) the Servers have been Live for about a month now, while one can get quite invested in the game and community in that time, realistically speaking a month is barely anything compared to the years Classic should last.

and

b) if by some chance communal bonds have been formed in that relatively short amount of time that actually are strong and deep, they should be strong enough for all to make use of said Free Transfers.

For me personally, the game being overcowded, period, and said overcowding also including people who do not want to abide by the ToS (RP Ruleset Naming Policy) and various exploiters who are not being dealt with (including skivvy Streamers making money of pirated IP) has for me completely soured the game to the point of quitting till they fix things.

And creating a new RP PvE Realm would at least partially help with that on a personal level.

Though, again, others may think differently, and I can see why people used to utterly Over Pop Servers like Argent Dawn may radically differ on what constitutes a ‘healthy population level’

1 Like

Never played on Argent Dawn. I’m talking from the perspective of someone who was on the receiving end of the downsides of new RP Servers being created. Because that’s what Blizzard did a lot in the German realmpool back in Vanilla, which inevitably caused some issues. See, the problem there was that parts of the community would move on and parts didn’t, leading to smaller groups of roleplayers on all servers, instead of a big, concentrated amount on one. Over the years that eventually fixed itself by roleplayers migrating to the servers where a lot of RP was going on, but it also meant that quite a few RP servers were RP in name only, due to most RPers having left. I played on such a server.

In my opinion a single server for RP is great. It allows the community to concentrate in one spot.

In regards to the overcrowding mentioned by you - I’m not sure if you played on Waterlords so far. In my experience that’s not a thing. You do meet a decent amount of other players, but all in all we’re probably one of the emptier, if not the emptiest, server currently in the realmpool. Part of that might be due to layering, another part due to me playing on Horde side, which tends to be somewhat less populated on RP Servers. But all in all the population feels good to me. Not too many, not too few. You’re able to find groups for whatever you wanna do, for the most part, but you’ll still have to search for a while at times, which indicates to me that overpopulation isn’t a thing here.

I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

While I understand your anxiety better now, personally I still think that with Classic, its very limited runtime so far, and its currently-still one RP (PvE) Realm transferrals wouldn’t really break up anything special.

While I play(ed; stopped logging in as I don’t want to support the way the game is being handled so far, despite - also looking at the Superdata numbers - Classic deserving at least as serious care as BfA) on Hydraxian Waterlords, it has been as Alliance (except for one Hordie at the Guru) and while things are slightly better than the first few weeks, in zones like Westfall, Loch Modan, Wetlands and Redridge at least it was a few days ago still pretty much Groups bumping into eachother for Elite Quests and ‘kill X Blue Bears, Y Red’ type of quests being something you had to do at off hours.

But admitted, I actually like playing on Low (according to Retail norms) Realms as that way I can better ‘do my own thing’ when said ‘thing’ is just a bit (or more) of the beaten path, and really prefer wilderness in a supposedly dangerous World over bumping into people all the time, so my ‘Loner-quotient’ may just be too high for the current times.

But

I just wish that blizzard would reinstate the original rp server policy and enforce it.

3 Likes

We should do something about it that Blizzard will enforce naming policy.

1 Like