Engineering azerite traits?

Heya,

Looking at IV & Wowhead all the Engineering azerite traits seem to sim for stupidly low amounts.
Is this quite true? Some of them don’t seem to be that bad on paper.

I have everything I need to make the 415 goggles but this put me off.

Cheers,

The goggles are great for Outlaw for M+.
Keep Your Wits About You is a must for anything with more than 1 target.
Bombs are OK, but nothing amazing.
Tertiary is Overwhelming Power, which is the best tertiary trait for every single DPS spec in the game.
Cauterize is quite possibly the best defensive trait in the game cause it can remove bleeds, heals a decent chunk, slows in an AoE and procs a lot.
And as an icing on top the other primary traits are great too (Deadshot, Double Dose).

So, yeah. They are definitely worth it for Outlaw. Slightly less so for Assassination because Double Dose is only good for single target and you sorta want to combine it with another single target traits not Bombs.

Duh about wits… :wink:

But, still - why do the engineering azerite powers sim so low if they’re decent? Iirc, bombs are on paper (according to wowhead) about 300. That’s nothing.

Edit: When I say engineering azerite I specifically meant the individual traits. Not the gear piece as such – I know the normal traits but the engineering traits I noted sim low hence my question.

I have no clue how you’re getting the 300 DPS number or why you’re looking at the trait in a vacuum. It doesn’t exist alone. It exists in the context of the entire item and the item itself is good.

It ranks 2nd for AoE / dungeons for heads that are actually obtainable at ilvl 415 based on most sources, and it ranks a few hundred DPS behind the best head piece for single target (although for single target basically every other dungeon helmet is marginally better for pure DPS). So unless you already have a 415 Flashpowder Hood it’s a solid choice.

Based on raidbots’ Dungeon Slice sim it sims at 1247 DPS, which definitely isn’t great alone, but Wits and Overwhelming Power more than compensate for that.
https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/ji3R1Qi5TXfgn1c4KWRX9X

Even for pure single target it sims at about 575 DPS.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.